Windows 10: How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?

Discus and support How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I go to certain websites, I get a message from the websites that says my browser is not secure. It recommends enabling SSL and TLS options or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alicia J, May 11, 2018.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?

When I go to certain websites, I get a message from the websites that says my browser is not secure. It recommends enabling SSL and TLS options or updating my browser.

Both my Edge and Chrome browsers are up to date. I do not see any such setting in either of them. I do not get this message on the same web pages using internet explorer.

How do I troubleshoot this issue?

:)

Alicia J, May 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my Microsoft account

Unfortunately, that did not work for me. I already had TLS 1.0 enabled but did not have TLS 1.1 or 1.2 enabled. I also had SSL 2.0 and 3.0 enabled. I have tried enabling TLS 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 and disabling SSL 2.0 and 3.0 but still get the same error. I also
    tried leaving bot SSL options enabled along with enabling the 3 TLS options but no luck there either. Hopefully someone from Microsoft will finally figure out that there is an issue with their upgrade soon.

USCanthony, May 11, 2018
  3. SSL 2.0 option not available

Hi,

Today I found I could not connect to a certain website hosted by a company my workplace accesses on a daily basis. We have 2 new computers running windows 10 instead of the windows 7 we've been running until now. All of our computers after a recent update
    disabled SSL 2.0 and 3.0 and enabling SSL 3.0 did not help.

SSL 2.0 is the only security protocol we can use to access the site.

Knowing this. I went to the internet options to re-enable SSL 2.0 and it was gone. I searched the entire list, tried Chrome, Edge, IE9 and firefox and could not find any way to enable SSL 2.0.

I do have SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.

I would like to know if this is because Microsoft has stopped supporting SSL 2.0 in the Windows 10 operating system. With this information, I will be able to contact our partner company and request an update of their server.

We are about to undergo an upgrade to windows 10 across the entire company, so this information would be a great help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

IrisNecrosis, May 11, 2018
Thema:

How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome?

1. How do I enable SSL and TLS options in Edge and Chrome? - Similar Threads - enable SSL TLS

2. Question: Where do I get SSL/TLS and how do I download it to Windows 11 PRO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Where do I get SSL/TLS and how do I download it to Windows 11 PRO?: I am using the most updated version of Windows 11 PRO but two of my internet driven applications are not able to run due to the following error”Network Error - SSL/TLS support not installed, cannot fetch: …..two different programs.Where do I go to download SSL/TLS.Thanks for...
  3. Question: Where do I get SSL/TLS and how do I download it to Windows 11 PRO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: Where do I get SSL/TLS and how do I download it to Windows 11 PRO?: I am using the most updated version of Windows 11 PRO but two of my internet driven applications are not able to run due to the following error”Network Error - SSL/TLS support not installed, cannot fetch: …..two different programs.Where do I go to download SSL/TLS.Thanks for...
  4. How to enable TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 in Chrome?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to enable TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 in Chrome?: Hi, I keep getting an error message from my provider's website to enable TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 so I can check my health record. I tried all available options that were found in your get help section and from google. However, I was able to enable it in internet explorer, I...
  5. How to enable Chrome extensions in MS Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable Chrome extensions in MS Edge?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SchrodingersNinja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eredro/how_to_enable_chrome_extensions_in_ms_edge/
  6. SSL/TLS channel

in Browsers and Email
    SSL/TLS channel: Since a few days I get the message ; " The request is cancelled , can not make a secured SSL/TLS channel " , when trying to update a program in Win10 , on IE11. Very strange , seen this message never before ! Any idea , would be very welcome .............*Smile 143944
  7. SSL/TLS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSL/TLS: I get an error that SSL/TLS is not setup. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssltls/5e109a29-7523-4251-b40d-60a342189920
  8. SSL/TLS White List

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SSL/TLS White List: i tried to open a program but this shows ?! [ATTACH] Details See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was...
  9. How Can You View The SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Can You View The SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge: In Internet Explorer you could click on the HTTPS padlock in the address bar and click 'View Certificates', or right-click on the webpage and go to Properties > Certificates. How can you view the SSL/TLS Certificate in Microsoft Edge, without switching back to Internet...
  10. Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11: Microsoft Security Advisory 4010323 Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 Published: May 9, 2017 Version: 1.0 Executive Summary Beginning May 9, 2017, Microsoft released updates to Microsoft Edge and Internet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge internet options tls

2. how to enable tls in edge

3. enable tls microsoft edge

4. how to enable tls on edge,
  5. edge enable tls,
  6. tls edge enable,
  7. enabling tls in microsoft edge,
  8. enable ssl CHROME,
  9. how to enable tls in microsoft edge,
  10. edge tls settings windows 10,
  11. enable tls settings in microsoft edge,