Windows 10: How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out)

Discus and support How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello I have recently upgraded to Win10. My computer has a 120gb SSD & 1tb HDD. When I tried to enable system restore, the SSD is greyed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by larrens, Jun 29, 2016.

1. larrens Win User

How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out)

Hello

I have recently upgraded to Win10. My computer has a 120gb SSD & 1tb HDD.

When I tried to enable system restore, the SSD is greyed out (c*Smile but the HDD is not (d*Smile

Any idea how to enable this?

I see some post suggesting gpedit.msc, but that not an option in the home version that I can see.

Thanks

:)

larrens, Jun 29, 2016

2. Turn on system protection is off and greyed out and cannot create system restore Windows 10

Yes, the link does tell the reader how to enable System Restore but, in the Comments section, someone named
    Anon observed, "I now believe the threshold for System Restore being disabled [i.e., cannot be enabled] by default is having [Win10 installed on a drive that's] less than 256 GB in size."

Several of my colleagues report the same behavior.

In other words, System Restore on your computer is disabled by default and
    cannot
    be enabled because your SSD is too small. If Win10 were installed on a, e.g., 275 GB or larger SSD, System Restore should be enabled by default.

Did Microsoft intentionally set up Win10 this way? I dunno - but chances are they did.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 29, 2016
  3. How do I enable file encription in windows 10. encript option in properties is greyed out

How do I encrypt a file in windows 10. the encrypt option in properties is greyed out

DonGlenn_787, Jun 29, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Jun 29, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out) - Similar Threads - enable system restore

2. how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to restore printer properties greyed out windows 10: How to restore printer properties in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-printer-properties-greyed-out/3bcf8fee-76d7-4744-b10f-00c48f7643cc
  3. System restore in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore in Win10: I ran into a situation where I think system restore may solve the problem. This desktop system originally came with WIN7 and it was automatically updated to WIN10 quite a while ago. I have used system restore in previous versions of Windows but this is the first time using...
  4. System Protection greyed out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection greyed out: [img] I tried > Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\>reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableSR" /f ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or...
  5. System Restore and SSD?

System Restore and SSD?: Hey guys, I recently installed an SSD and I found out while running Samsung's OS Optimization disk that it has turned off System Restore by default. I of course can turn it back on, but I wanted to get feedback on turning on System Restore on an solid state drive....
  6. Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point

Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point: After restoring my computer back two days using System Restore, I noticed in PC Settings>Personalization>Start>Choose which folders appear on Start, that all the options are greyed out except "Settings". I was wondering if there was a way to fix this? I already tried SFC...
  7. Can't enable System Restore

Can't enable System Restore: Noticed my System Protection was not enabled. Can't click on the "Turn on......" Does nothing when I try to "Turn on...." Attached a pic. 20397
  8. How do I restore system after it breaks

How do I restore system after it breaks: Hi, I'm done with this problem. I've been over it so many times and nothing ever works. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit Home I have 2 drives in my PC. One is 60GB SSD, other one is 500GB HDD. The SSD has only `C:/` on it, with Windows (System partition). The HDD has `D:/`...
  9. How do I turn the system icon for sound on (currently off; greyed out)

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn the system icon for sound on (currently off; greyed out): For some unknown reason, the system icon for sound no longer displays on my task bar. I went into Properties, Notification area 'Customize', Turn System Icons On or Off, see that the Volume is turned off, but it's greyed out and I can't turn it on. I can't figure out how to...
  10. System icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons greyed out: My system icons icons are greyed out, like Volume and Power, so I can not enable them. After setup they work just fine, then they disappear. It is either caused by my settings or: I wonder, when custom power and sound card drivers gets installed, they get lost? *Huh SFC...