Windows 10: How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out)

Discus and support How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello I have recently upgraded to Win10. My computer has a 120gb SSD & 1tb HDD. When I tried to enable system restore, the SSD is greyed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by larrens, Jun 29, 2016.

1. larrens Win User

How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out)

Hello

I have recently upgraded to Win10. My computer has a 120gb SSD & 1tb HDD.

When I tried to enable system restore, the SSD is greyed out (c*Smile but the HDD is not (d*Smile

Any idea how to enable this?

I see some post suggesting gpedit.msc, but that not an option in the home version that I can see.

Thanks

:)

larrens, Jun 29, 2016

2. Turn on system protection is off and greyed out and cannot create system restore Windows 10

Yes, the link does tell the reader how to enable System Restore but, in the Comments section, someone named
    Anon observed, "I now believe the threshold for System Restore being disabled [i.e., cannot be enabled] by default is having [Win10 installed on a drive that's] less than 256 GB in size."

Several of my colleagues report the same behavior.

In other words, System Restore on your computer is disabled by default and
    cannot
    be enabled because your SSD is too small. If Win10 were installed on a, e.g., 275 GB or larger SSD, System Restore should be enabled by default.

Did Microsoft intentionally set up Win10 this way? I dunno - but chances are they did.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 29, 2016
  3. How do I enable file encription in windows 10. encript option in properties is greyed out

How do I encrypt a file in windows 10. the encrypt option in properties is greyed out

DonGlenn_787, Jun 29, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Jun 29, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I enable system restore in Win10 home? (SSD greyed out) - Similar Threads - enable system restore

2. How do i enable encrypt contents to secure data , it is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i enable encrypt contents to secure data , it is greyed out: How do i enable encrypt contents to secure data , it is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-encrypt-contents-to-secure-data-it/c7c10725-2d7b-4cb0-93af-4e612307e982
  3. How do i enable encrypt contents to secure data , it is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i enable encrypt contents to secure data , it is greyed out: How do i enable encrypt contents to secure data , it is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-encrypt-contents-to-secure-data-it/c7c10725-2d7b-4cb0-93af-4e612307e982
  4. How do i enable encrypt contents to secure data , it is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delivery Optimization Enabled and Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery Optimization Enabled and Greyed Out: The Delivery Optimization in Windows 10 newest build is NEW and yet on our work PCs that is somehow enabled and greyed out. We did not add or edit or update any GPOs to do this. How did this get enabled and from what I've read, it should be disabled, yet we cannot disable...
  6. System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out: Hi folks, a couple of wierd problems... First, pc is not going to sleep when button pressed. It was doing so until the last couple of days which prompted me to run sfc/ scannow. Sfc found some file corruptions and repaired them. This didn't fix the issue however. So, I...
  7. "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer" Greyed Out - How do I enable it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer" Greyed Out - How do I enable it?: I'm the administrator of this PC and the only user. "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer" is greyed out on every single device on my system, which means I have no way of disabling wake timers caused by certain devices USB, mouse, etc.. I already tried enabling the core...
  8. System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out: [ATTACH]If you receive a System Restore is disabled by your system administrator message, this post will help you fix the problem on your Windows 10/8/7 […] This article System Restore disabled by your system administrator or is greyed out first appeared on...
  9. System Restore is suddenly disabled - how do I enable it?

System Restore is suddenly disabled - how do I enable it?: Fairly new PC, Win10 Pro 64-bit all updates. System restore was working fine last week, as I created a manual restore point before installing a major piece of software. I just went to do the same thing again, but found that all the controls on the System Protection tab of...
  10. Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point

Settings Greyed Out After Using System Restore Point: After restoring my computer back two days using System Restore, I noticed in PC Settings>Personalization>Start>Choose which folders appear on Start, that all the options are greyed out except "Settings". I was wondering if there was a way to fix this? I already tried SFC...