Windows 10: How do I enable windows 10 indexing on non physical drives

Discus and support How do I enable windows 10 indexing on non physical drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Eldos CBFS drive on my machine and does not show on the indexing window. Any Idea why? 70330 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gilmagor, Nov 19, 2016.

1. gilmagor Win User

How do I enable windows 10 indexing on non physical drives

Hello,
    I am using Eldos CBFS drive on my machine and does not show on the indexing window.
    Any Idea why?

:)

gilmagor, Nov 19, 2016

2. 2nd Drive Files not Showing in Quick search

Hi all,

Background: I'm running Windows 10, anniversary update; with two physical drives, each also shown as a logical volume (C and D).

Issue: When searching from the Start menu, files on my C drive show up, however the ones on D do not.

Troubleshooting I have done so far:

• Verify that the 2nd Drive (D) has indexing enabled
    • Verify that the folders on the drive also have indexing enabled
    • Rebuild index
    • The files DO appear when searching the 2nd drive via Windows Explorer, but NOT through the start search
    Is this a known issue, and what steps can I take to resolve this?

Teknophile, Nov 19, 2016
  3. Why is Search so SLOW in Windows 10?

I'd do a few things. First, I'd limit the index to the smallest possible set of folders, in particular your user "shell folders" such as Documents, Pictures, Videos, and OneDrive\GoogleDrive\DropBox (whatever you use). And be sure to give the computer
    plenty of time to finish ingesting all those files into the index. I'd caution against trying to index your entire drive or computer, which is a common pitfall I see users make that entirely defeats the purpose of having an index in the first place. I've
    also written some articles about how I prefer to setup Windows search myself if you're interested.

Enable Full File Search in Non-Indexed Folders [Video]

Enable Full File Search in Non-Indexed Folders [Video] - CmdrKeene's Blog
    Instantly Search Inside More File Types [Video]
    Instantly Search Inside More File Types [Video] - CmdrKeene's Blog
    Boost Windows Search in Two Steps
    Boost Windows Search in Two Steps - CmdrKeene's Blog

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 19, 2016
Thema:

How do I enable windows 10 indexing on non physical drives

1. How do I enable windows 10 indexing on non physical drives - Similar Threads - enable indexing non

2. how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ?: how do i enable copilot in windows 10 ? tried vive tool to enable it but getting errors, theres no option in registry either ?!followed all these steps shown in these...
  3. How do I turn on Windows Indexing on 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on Windows Indexing on 11: How do I turn on my Indexing. My desktop says that's why Im having so many problems sending and composing emails. I have no idea what the problem is except pop up that said my indexing was not on...
  4. How to re-enable search indexing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-enable search indexing?: Windows' search indexing used to work on my computer, but after a recent automatic update, it stopped working. Trying to re-enable search indexing to search for text content in files/documents on my computer isn't working. I've found many pages online describing how to do...
  5. How do I reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive without a physical disc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive without a physical disc?: Hi community. I have a Dell Inspiron 660 and the hard drive recently failed it lasted eight years. I ordered a replacement that is on its way. When I received the Inspiron there was no operating system media included. How do I reinstall my copy of Windows 10 on the new drive?...
  6. How do I enable Windows 10 logging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I enable Windows 10 logging?: Hi, is there any way to enable Windows 10 logging? Is there any way to set logging levels? I have a file called crash-dump-settings.txt and it looks like this: Code: ########################## Crash Dump Settings ######################### AutoReboot : 1 DumpFile :...
  7. How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode?: I got a new monitor but now don't have enough space on my desk to use my laptop and monitor. I want to fold my laptop and only have the keyboard right side up. I have tried disabling tablet mode completely and disabling and uninstalling the Intel Integrated Sensor Solutions...
  8. how do I free up physical memory in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I free up physical memory in windows 10: how do I free up memory in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-free-up-physical-memory-in-windows-10/79191389-cc29-4b80-a8b1-0003a8264a4d
  9. how do I enable autoplay in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I enable autoplay in windows 10: How do I enable autoplay in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-autoplay-in-windows-10/523a4034-2648-4875-a813-0c90469fa984
  10. Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10?: Is there a way to do this in windows 10? Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums 25920