Windows 10: How do I enlarge EFI System Partition?

Discus and support How do I enlarge EFI System Partition? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] Look at the picture! What I want is simple, 100 mb is too small for EFI and I just want to make it 1GB. See that unallocated space in colored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YLTO, Sep 4, 2016.

1. YLTO Win User

How do I enlarge EFI System Partition?

How do I enlarge EFI System Partition? [​IMG]

Look at the picture! What I want is simple, 100 mb is too small for EFI and I just want to make it 1GB. See that unallocated space in colored grey box, I want to move that near the EFI System Partition so that I could merge it. But now the problem is I can't because of Microsoft Reserved Partition which now left me with only
    1) Move MSR by Cloning then delete or
    2) Move EFI system partition by Cloning then delete

Which one do you think should I take? or perhaps there is another way of doing it?

:)

YLTO, Sep 4, 2016

2. How do you enlarge EFI partition?

Hi,

As per your query, I recommend that you redirect your query to our TechNet support forum as they will be better equipped to help resolve the issue.

Labs

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Yulianto Win User
    How do you enlarge EFI partition?

How do I enlarge EFI System Partition? [​IMG]

What I want is simple, 100 mb is too small and I just want to make it 1GB. See that unallocated space in colored grey box, I want to move that near the EFI System Partition so that I could merge it. But
    now the problem is I can't because of Microsoft Reserved Partition, so I'm stuck. How should I enlarge it?

Yulianto, Sep 4, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

What make you think that 100MB is too small ? Basically this partition only contains BCD to boot Windows, only 34MB used.
    However, it is easier to use Macrium Reflect Free to get it done

topgundcp, Sep 4, 2016
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    I agree with topgundcp, the EFI partition is normally large enough. If you boot another OS, like Ubuntu it adds more to the directory structure but the files are not large. Microsoft does recommend the partition be 260 MB for a 4 K drive.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/h...and-partitions

The MSR partition can be deleted and recreated with Diskpart, just leave enough room for it after you expand the EFI System partition.

Saltgrass, Sep 5, 2016
  6. YLTO Win User
    I want to boot hackintosh. and Clover doesn't fit in there.

YLTO, Sep 6, 2016
  7. YLTO Win User
    Clover doesn't fit in there. I want to install hackintosh in my system

Okay. I've downloaded it. Now, How do I do it? what is the correct way to do it? Just plainly making disk image in the adjacent side then delete the original one?

YLTO, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I enlarge EFI System Partition? - Similar Threads - enlarge EFI System

2. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  3. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  4. How do find room for EFI system partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do find room for EFI system partition?: I've been trying to convert my Legacy bios to UEFI, to access secure boot and update to windows 11. I've been trying with to convert my disk using the mbr2gpt method, but I keep getting Can not find room for the EFI system partition. I've tried shrinking my C: and have 5gb of...
  5. How do find room for EFI system partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do find room for EFI system partition?: I've been trying to convert my Legacy bios to UEFI, to access secure boot and update to windows 11. I've been trying with to convert my disk using the mbr2gpt method, but I keep getting Can not find room for the EFI system partition. I've tried shrinking my C: and have 5gb of...
  6. How do find room for EFI system partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System, EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    System, EFI System Partition: Two questions please -1] I had installed UBUNTU on my desktop PC, operating with Windows 10 PRO version 21H1; OS Build 19043.1202, and later removed the UBUNTU software. UBUNTU was installed on a separate SSD i.e., not on the SSD where the Windows OS is installed.The UBUNTU...
  8. How do i access EFI system partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i access EFI system partition?: So, I have been trying to access the EFI partition where bootmgr.sys is located, so I can sideload another OS on the computer. However, when I try to open the drive, it says, "Access to E:\ has been denied to gain access, use thesecurity tab. BUT THERE IS NO SECURITY...
  9. How to remove EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove EFI System Partition: This problem did not exist before but I must have messed something up. How it looks currently: https://i.imgur.com/mXvgQBY.png How it used to look (from another pc): https://i.imgur.com/RuvuIWf.png Is there anyway to transfer the EFI things into the C drive? I have tried...
  10. How to "move" an EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to "move" an EFI system partition: I'd like to move a 200MiB EFI partition to the D-drive to join some unallocated space together. It's on my hard drive (D: drive) and if i don't need it at all i would like to delete it. Planning on dual booting Debian on the ~300GiB of unused space.[ATTACH]...