Windows 10: How Do I Enlarge the Font/ Text Box of Windows Explorer?

Discus and support How Do I Enlarge the Font/ Text Box of Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, Look at the attachment. Circled in red is the font and text box of the lower part in windows explorer that I'd like enlargened. Its too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Mar 22, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

How Do I Enlarge the Font/ Text Box of Windows Explorer?

Hey guys,

Look at the attachment. Circled in red is the font and text box of the lower part in windows explorer that I'd like enlargened. Its too small to read. How can I make that bigger?

How Do I Enlarge the Font/ Text Box of Windows Explorer? [​IMG]

:)

yahanna, Mar 22, 2018
  2. tel 853 Win User

how do i enlarge incoming text font on my nokia 610

how do i enlarge incoming text font on my nokia 610

tel 853, Mar 22, 2018
  3. E61i fonts

how can I enlarge the fonts on the E61i in sms, e-mail and all other input text areas? I tried Psiloc Font Magnifier V1.30 but this application only enlarges the menu text which is already large enough to read. I am looking for a solution to make sms,
    e-mail text and all other input text either at least bold permanently or increase / change the fonts. thank you for your help.

steff---01, Mar 22, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Windows Bug. Apparently I've encountered this issue a few times before.

I've reached this conclusion:

You may change the Font Style ... YET there apparently is no setting to adjust the Font Size of the text! (You can choose a different Font. Refer to picture: Go through the list, look at samples of the Fonts, choose one of interest, Sign Out/Sign back in, see how it looks. Don't like any of them, don't worry about it, there's the option to go back to "Use system default"). Here's an idea. See if you can find an "Enlarged" version of the current system font, download and install it. You know I've thought about this before, but never really searched for that. I'll do that eventually, see if I can find an enlarged version of the current system font, and use that as my main font style.

Also there's other Fonts that you can actually adjust. Get: Advanced System Font Changer. It's a really good app. (Yet it doesn't have the setting I just talked about), Only Winaero has that, as far as I know.

pepanee, Mar 22, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 22, 2018
  6. pepanee Win User
    Hi Brink =)

I actually have a question about this one too. So the System uses the default Segoe UI as that font, yet do you know of a Font file that excludes the small size of that font? Or for example it has Font Size 14 set instead of what is shown for Font Size 12? (Some sort of "enlarged" version of the font). I'm aware of the Bold version of it, but that one is still too small.

pepanee, Mar 22, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Aiman,

I'm not aware of a way to exclude a size for a font.

It seems to be a matter of finding a font that appears larger. I find "Arial Regular" or "Arial Bold" looks nice.

Brink, Mar 22, 2018
  8. pepanee Win User

Hi Shawn,

Yea I'm trying the Arial font. I don't have "Arial Regular" or "Arial Bold" installed on my computer for some reason; Gotta find them online.
    I'm trying "Arial", and it looks slightly bigger, which is good. But too bad the "colon" doesn't show correctly..*Shock

pepanee, Mar 22, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 22, 2018
  10. pepanee Win User
    Ah I see. Now I see them all. Winaero Tweaker apparently doesn't list the "Family" of the fonts; it only shows what is basically shown in the Fonts folder. I'd have to use your tutorial to install the Regular/Bold versions. Cool. Thanks for showing me how to get to them.

pepanee, Mar 22, 2018
  11. Edwin New Member
    A very nice font in the Store is Verdana Pro, 20 font faces, free as well! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 22, 2018
  12. pepanee Win User
    I would like to post an update:

So I tried Shawn (Brink)'s tutorial from above, and it looks bigger! I used the Arial Regular font, and it actually looks better!

This is what I did:
    1) Download the .reg file under Option One:
    Change Default System Font in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    2) Open the .reg file in Notepad
    3) Replace "ENTER FONT NAME HERE" with "Arial Regular" (make sure to keep the quotes, don't delete the quotes; refer to picture. Do not change anything else in that file.)
    4) Save the file
    5) Apply this file to the Registry by double clicking it > press Yes > press OK
    6) Sign out of your account, re-log into your account (no need to restart the computer)
    7) Refer to the second picture I posted below, that's what it now looks like
    8) If you want to revert back to how your Windows default was, then use Option Two at the same link:
    Change Default System Font in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

pepanee, Mar 23, 2018
  13. pepanee Win User

And for other reference here's what Arial Bold looks like:

This one is slightly big for me, because some of my Desktop icon text don't fit completely; they have "..."

So I'll be sticking with Arial Regular for now. It looks amazing! Just another small quick question Shawn =)
    Is there's any "Segoe UI Regular" font which is similar to the "Arial Regular" font? I really grew accustomed to Segoe =D

pepanee, Mar 23, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You have these to select from in the "Segoe UI" font family. *Smile

Brink, Mar 23, 2018
  15. pepanee Win User
    Ah I see. My Font folder is apparently missing "Segoe UI". I'll look around to get that fixed eventually. But for now I'll be using Arial Regular. Thank you so much for that tip Shawn! It's awesome!

And to the Original Poster of this Thread, yahanna, try out: Arial Regular
    That font is bigger than the font in the picture you posted. Check it out!

Thanks everyone.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I Enlarge the Font/ Text Box of Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - Enlarge Font Text

2. windows 11 enlarge dialog box text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 enlarge dialog box text: This is a question in windows 11.As you can see in the sample dialog box attach to this message, the text in the dialog box are very small and make it hard to read.Other text that is not relate to windows dialog box, like windows icon caption in the desktop are in normal...
  3. windows 11 enlarge dialog box text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 enlarge dialog box text: This is a question in windows 11.As you can see in the sample dialog box attach to this message, the text in the dialog box are very small and make it hard to read.Other text that is not relate to windows dialog box, like windows icon caption in the desktop are in normal...
  4. How do I change all the font colors in the text boxes of a PowerPoint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change all the font colors in the text boxes of a PowerPoint?: I am using Office 2007.I want to change all the font colors in the text boxes throughout a PowerPoint presentation. For example, I want to change all the text in those boxes from red to black. I want to do this on all the slides.I have tried using the Slide Master -- which...
  5. How do I change all the font colors in the text boxes of a PowerPoint?

How do I change all the font colors in the text boxes of a PowerPoint?: I am using Office 2007.I want to change all the font colors in the text boxes throughout a PowerPoint presentation. For example, I want to change all the text in those boxes from red to black. I want to do this on all the slides.I have tried using the Slide Master -- which...
  6. enlarge font

in Windows 10 Customization
    enlarge font: trying to enlarge font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-font/864d1249-934d-42b6-bfcd-2b8d46ece9ca
  7. enlarge font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enlarge font: trying to enlarge font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-font/864d1249-934d-42b6-bfcd-2b8d46ece9ca
  8. enlarge font

9. how do I enlarge my screen font

how do I enlarge my screen font: how do I enlarge my screen font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-enlarge-my-screen-font/a7c285a7-981a-4ee8-8e41-03c48492825d
  10. how do enlarge font on ribbon in windows 10

how do enlarge font on ribbon in windows 10: how do I increase size of font and icons in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-do-enlarge-font-on-ribbon-in-windows-10/31b0e516-39ca-4e8b-8e2c-f7407fde4ee8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enlarge font of ribbons in windows 10