Windows 10: How do I ensure a full backup prior to installation

Discus and support How do I ensure a full backup prior to installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to do a full backup of my drive "C" in the event I have to recover. I'm running Windows 7 Home now. I have a number of apps on it from both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by websquad, Sep 6, 2015.

1. websquad Win User

How do I ensure a full backup prior to installation

I want to do a full backup of my drive "C" in the event I have to recover. I'm running Windows 7 Home now. I have a number of apps on it from both Microsoft and Adobe, and I can't afford to loose them if the upgrade to Windows 10 goes bad. Are these the correct steps:
    • Create a system image
    • Create a system repair disk
    • Copy all data file I can find from other hard disks (drives D, E, etc.)
    Is this all I need to do to have a high level of confidence in the update?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

websquad, Sep 6, 2015

2. How do you do a full backup?

I don't think there is any other option. Maybe manually copy your memory content.

You may also try to lookup Ovi Suite 2.2 beta....you may be able to find a shared version of it on the net.

neoakl---01, Sep 6, 2015
  3. How do you do a full backup?

Ok will do, thanks

richwhite---01, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

This is exactly what I have done. Yes, I would say your list is complete.

If you want to be really, really sure, you might want to try playing your backup back on a different machine so that you know, that it is really working. I have not done that before my upgrade.

Joergi, Sep 6, 2015
  5. websquad Win User
    websquad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I ensure a full backup prior to installation - Similar Threads - ensure full backup

2. How do I turn off and delete a backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I turn off and delete a backup?: I am constantly getting notifications that my backup has not completed. I cancelled the backup from Windows because I am using the backup software with my NAS. How do I turn off and delete the backup so I am not constantly notified that there is a problem? [ATTACH]...
  3. How do I backup all my drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I backup all my drivers?: I need to backup all my drivers on a specific build. Is there an easy way to do this and restore them later on? Thanks. 132606
  4. How do I create a full screen background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I create a full screen background?: Being unaware of how I can create a Full Screen background I will require a 100% guide. Can 'handle' several screen backgrounds, and finding enough should already have been re-called from internet. Such help will be appreciated. Regards. Lancelot S * Moved from...
  5. How do I backup my steam games??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I backup my steam games??: Simple and sweet, how do I backup my steam games without losing >any< of them like last time... Suddenly 50% of my games were lost... How that happened I dunno..... (I want to reinstall Windows soon) Owww and they are all on a seperate game drive 124814
  6. How do I backup my steam games??

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I backup my steam games??: Simple and sweet, how do I backup my steam games without losing >any< of them like last time... Suddenly 50% of my games were lost... How that happened I dunno..... (I want to reinstall Windows soon) Owww and they are all on a seperate game drive 124814
  7. How do I backup files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I backup files?: I just got a MS Surface, How do I backup files? I was trying to download icloud but having trouble so does MS Surface have a file backup program & how does it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-files/e51d527b-2700-4d26-8275-ede3fd0af5fc"
  8. How do I run Passport Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I run Passport Backup: How do I run Passport Backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-passport-backup/39c05d80-3a97-4439-9e06-ea91cfda0b35"
  9. How do I delete the backup and sync nag?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete the backup and sync nag?: I've tried the instructions here but haven't hit the correct procedure apparently. I visited the Google site, changed my MSFT password and have done whatever I can but continue to get the nag. How do I get rid of Google Drive and the backup and sync nag??? 117599
  10. how do i backup my apps?!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how do i backup my apps?!: i'm still searching for a method/software/app/script to backup my apps or have, at least, a list of installed apps. i'm used to do system image backups but last time it went corrupted and i had to format and remember what was installed... i could have a log in my microsoft...