Windows 10: How do I enter a BSSID in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I enter a BSSID in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So... bear with me here. At work, we are implementing 18 IBR1100 routers, for internet access in our vehicles. We have 22 Windows 10 laptop computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MedicinSC, Jan 14, 2017.

1. MedicinSC Win User

How do I enter a BSSID in Windows 10?

So... bear with me here. At work, we are implementing 18 IBR1100 routers, for internet access in our vehicles. We have 22 Windows 10 laptop computers that will need to connect to them. In order to simplify and remove the mystery of what network they should be connected to, we made all 18 SSIDs the same, and utilized the same passkey for the SSIDs.

When connecting our other devices to the routers, this works fine. Our Windows 7 computers just ask again, for each of the 18 access points, if it is a Home, Work, or Public connection. Then, it will remember and connect to each one without a problem.

However, the Windows 10 systems are different. They will connect to the first without a problem. For each subsequent one, a security dialogue pops up that says, in essence, "I see the network, it appears to be the same as one we already have, but it's coming from somewhere else. Do you really want to connect to this network that may be an imposter?" That's great, as far as security goes. But, when we say, "Yes, connect to it," it asks for the admin password. Our employees will not have this password.

This would not be a problem, as mostly this computer stays with this unit and that computer stays with that unit. But, there may be times when they have a different computer.

I believe I can solve this problem by "pre-programing" the networks into the computers. But, I would need to input the BSSID so that Windows knows what network it is for. Correct? I don't see anywhere in Windows 10 to specify the BSSID or MAC address of a network access point.

Can someone point me in the right direction here? It is simply not feasible for me to take all 22 computers around to all 18 network locations to make the connection. I could, however, sit down and program all 18 networks into each computer at it's current location. If I could figure out where to enter the BSSID.

Thanks for any help. It's probably something really simple that I'm missing.

:)

MedicinSC, Jan 14, 2017

2. how do i enter a webpage address in my C3-01?

ok, Ill try that thanks but what about wifi vs network connection for the internet? will the network connection work a lot faster? ( I know that costs money tho!)

missmouse---01, Jan 14, 2017
  3. how do i enter a webpage address in my C3-01?

have you tried using using Google from your phone?type in
    www.Google.com
    the page will load and you will see Google options found open and save Google as a bookmark then you can use Google as you would from pc

techbuzzireland, Jan 14, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

You do not. It is not needed. You will sometimes see it used on Enterprise networks.

bro67, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I enter a BSSID in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - enter BSSID

2. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  3. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  4. Unable to send reply by pressing "Enter" instead of "Ctrl + Enter"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to send reply by pressing "Enter" instead of "Ctrl + Enter": "I'm experiencing difficulty replying to notifications using the 'Enter' key alone in Windows 11. Instead, I'm required to use 'Ctrl + Enter' to send replies across various applications such as Teams, Skype, WhatsApp, Messenger, and others. This issue persists regardless of...
  5. Unable to send reply by pressing "Enter" instead of "Ctrl + Enter"

Unable to send reply by pressing "Enter" instead of "Ctrl + Enter": "I'm experiencing difficulty replying to notifications using the 'Enter' key alone in Windows 11. Instead, I'm required to use 'Ctrl + Enter' to send replies across various applications such as Teams, Skype, WhatsApp, Messenger, and others. This issue persists regardless of...
  6. Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.: So, I have an HP Laptop running Windows 11 that has been perfectly fine until just a few days ago. I bought it brand new only a year ago. I had an update, which required a restart. After I restarted, it brought up the usual Welcome Screen with the clock, and then the power...
  7. Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.

Bug? Can't get past Welcome Screen to enter my Password.: So, I have an HP Laptop running Windows 11 that has been perfectly fine until just a few days ago. I bought it brand new only a year ago. I had an update, which required a restart. After I restarted, it brought up the usual Welcome Screen with the clock, and then the power...
  8. Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.: Hi,When I try to login into my Windows 10 desktop computer using my PIN, I get ''Your credentials could not be verified.'' message. followed by ''Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again.'' When I...
  9. Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.

Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.: Hi,When I try to login into my Windows 10 desktop computer using my PIN, I get ''Your credentials could not be verified.'' message. followed by ''Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again.'' When I...
  10. Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Customization