Windows 10: How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Discus and support How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've pinned my File Explorer to my taskbar and I have a lot of quick-access links pinned to it. [img] Because of that, I only get one item of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by illimay, Sep 14, 2017.

1. illimay Win User

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

I've pinned my File Explorer to my taskbar and I have a lot of quick-access links pinned to it.

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer? [​IMG]

Because of that, I only get one item of my recently opened folders and files.
    Is there a way to expand the list of the recent files in that taskbar File Explorer?

:)

illimay, Sep 14, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

how do I find the list of my recent phone calls in Windows 8.1

'Phone' is in the app list.

It should be on your start screen, if not tap and hold on the icon and select 'pin to start'.

garym123, Sep 14, 2017
  3. how do I find the list of my recent phone calls in Windows 8.1

After upgrading to Windows phone 8.1 I can't find the recent call list. Someone knows how to find it on the phone? Lumia 925

AndersW_974, Sep 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

You could consider managing recent lists a different way- using a 3rd party program such as Listary (free/commercial) or Actual Window Manager or 1 of its cheaper derivatives (not free).

These offer a lot more flexibility and accessibility in many more situations (think - every open/save dialogue e.g.

Actual Window Manager - title bar buttons. One is recent folders, another is favourites.
    There's Wordpad and file explorer.
    Clicking the button opens a list of recent folders.

There's just one function of Listary - middle click button, file explorer. It does more.

dalchina, Sep 14, 2017
  5. illimay Win User
    Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer? - Similar Threads - expand 'Recent' list

2. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  3. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  4. How do I make File Explorer produce a list of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make File Explorer produce a list of files: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed but it does not produce the same file structure is in my old copy of Windows 10 in the other computer. The old version produces a list of files underneath each file as I click on it. That is, when I click on a file it...
  5. How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?

How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?: My file explorer jumplist is just showing the default pinned folders Documents, Pictures, Download, and Desktop. I unpinned them all and they went to recent, but no other recently used folders appear in the jump list. Back windows 8.1 when I opened a file, the folder it...
  6. How do you delete recent files list from 'File' tab

How do you delete recent files list from 'File' tab: Hi I've searched around and can't seem to find an answer to this one. In microsoft works 9.0 spreadsheet on the 'File' tab [top left corner of program] is there a way to delete the list of recent used files? There is no option from the program itself so maybe it will...
  7. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ? UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there...
  8. How do I disable the "Recent files" in Windows Explorer (of Win10)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the "Recent files" in Windows Explorer (of Win10)?: I have tried all kinds of ways but give up. I am new to Win10. It seems there is a feature to display the most recently accessed files to the right of the Win explorer panel when viewing a particular drive, folder or external device. I don't even know how it is triggered...
  9. How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I clear Recent Files hyperlink list in Word 2016?: If you do Ctrl+K in Microsoft Word 2016 you get an Insert Hyperlink dialog box. There are 3 tabs to get sources for hyperlinks. These are Current Folder, Browsed Pages, and Recent Files. Current Folder shows the files in the current folder. Browsed Pages shows the...
  10. how do i get rid of recent files list on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i get rid of recent files list on windows 10: if i click file explorer right under frequent folders there is a recent files list this is a privacy issue is there a way that it wont show a list of recent files. 10354

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to expand recent files in file explorer

2. expand recent files

3. how to expand some file into file explorer

4. how to expand recent files file explorer,
  5. expand my recent file in explorer 2016