Windows 10: How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

Discus and support How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been having a lot of trouble with Firefox of late and have decided to make MS Edge my default browser. All I need to know is how do I export my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

I've been having a lot of trouble with Firefox of late and have decided to make MS Edge my default browser. All I need to know is how do I export my Firefox folders to Edge. I'd prefer to make a direct export but if I have to export as HTML then to Firefox I can do that if either method is clearly explained. Thanks for your assistance.

:)

Fred22, Apr 14, 2017

2. Edge not reading the Favorites folder after Feb 9 2016 update

Okay, but how do I put my old favorites into that database file? Copy-pasting doesn't seem to be an option, and the export tool only gives me the two folders that are currently in the Edge favorites list.

As a side note, I found that selecting "import from Edge" in Firefox adds my old favorites into it. After using this import to go from Edge -> Firefox -> Chrome -> Edge (since Chrome can't import from Edge but vice versa works, Chrome can import from Firefox,
    and Edge can't import from Firefox but vice versa works), Edge got a few of the files back, but most weren't copied in the import process (and some folders were copied, but they were copied empty).

I could theoretically just switch to using Chrome/Firefox now with the imported favorites and be done with it, but I'd still like to fix this issue, if possible.

RobertFilkin, Apr 14, 2017
  3. koolking Win User
    Why aren't my favorites/bookmarks on the Favorites bar?

Firefox 49.0.2

I exported to my Documents folder

I'm trying to get them onto the Edge "Favorites" toolbar without having to do it one site or one folder at a time.

Regards,

RS

koolking, Apr 14, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

5. Caledon Ken, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Fred22 Win User
    Thanks Ken...I'll give that a try.

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
  7. Fred22 Win User
    Didn't work., Ken. There was no option for importing favs...tried to get an image of the list but every time I click on Snipping Tool the list disappears and vice versa.

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
  8. How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

Okay. Favorites and bookmarks are the same things, chrome and firefox call them bookmarks and Microsoft calls them favorites.

So when you click on three dots in Edge, then settings, then Import, if I understand this correctly Firefox and the bookmark button is not listed.

Rather than start snipping tool just press screen print. Paste into paint and you can snip from there.

Caledon Ken, Apr 15, 2017
  9. Shouldn't you be able to import them into IE from FireFox, then import them into Edge? Extra step I know, but ...

Good luck.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 15, 2017
  10. Fred22 Win User
    I followed the tutorial RE importing Firefox Folders and when I clicked Import it said "all done", but I cannot find the folders. In fact, I had Edge set up with quite a few folders and today I can't even find them...had to get here by Googling "Ten Forums". Can you tell me where to find them? BTW, doesn't this forum send emails when there is a response to one's post?

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
  11. I went through nearly the same routine you're caught in. For me it was having to save the imports to the "Favorites" folder and show it AND Favorites Bar in settings. And there they were.

The email thing, check your notification settings on this thread subscription.

Once again, Good Luck.

12. Fred22 Win User
    I just did the same on my desktop (where I'm sitting now), and cannot find the Firefox folders. I did everything as instructed and again, after I ticked "Import" and got the "all done" message I can't find the Firefox folders. Unlike the Edge on my laptop on which ALL my folders disappeared after I spent a fair amount of time setting everything up yesterday. If you have ANY further instructions, please send. Thanks so much for everyone's kind assistance.

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
  13. How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

I am sorry my limited experience isn't enough to get you where you need to go. Don't give up, there's plenty of knowledge here and it's always readily shared with those of us in need.

14. Fred22 Win User
    Just ticked Favorites Bar...no FF folders.

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
  15. Fred22 Win User
    Where is the "notifications" bar. I need to tick it so I can receive emails when I get responses. Thanks again, guys...I appreciate you hanging there with me. Now if we can just get our heads together and figure this thing out.

Fred22, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge - Similar Threads - export folders Firefox

2. How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default browser from Edge to Firefox: Split from this thread.How do I change default brower from Edge to Fire fox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-browser-from-edge-to/bb038e6b-b98f-4544-9bab-29f72433712d
  3. Export/Import Edge folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export/Import Edge folder: I'm getting ready to move a project from one computer to another one. Is it possible to export 1 folder under _MyFavorites on one computer and import it on another computer? If so how?...
  4. How I export my profile data from a firefox extension?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I export my profile data from a firefox extension?: How I export my profile data from an extension? An extension I'm using isn't working properly and I'd like to export my data before reinstalling it. It's called onetab. The menu on the top right corner is gone, so how can I export my saved data (or tabs)? [img] PS. Going...
  5. Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge: Have just this last week upgraded/updated to W10 from the MS site itself. (Version 1909) (yep, the free offer from them is still there, you just got to know how to download it!). I'm messing around at the moment with this "new" Microsoft Edge. By the way, l can still access...
  6. how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?: No matter what I try, I cannot make any other browser my default except for Edge, and I do not want that, and now especially even more because it is denying me!...
  7. How Do I Import Passwords and History From Firefox Into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do I Import Passwords and History From Firefox Into Edge: Hello Everybody, I am a very happy Windows 10 user, and I would like to begin to use Edge more, maybe even as my primary web browser. The problem is that I have been using Firefox for many years and I keep all of passwords and settings and history stored in Firefox, I...
  8. How do I save websites to MS Edge folders

in Browsers and Email
    How do I save websites to MS Edge folders: I've recently had to change my default browser from Firefox to MS Edge. I've imported all my FF folders to Edge, but now am not able to add websites to the folders. I have no problem downloading the website to "Favorites" but I can't get the site to go into the proper folder....
  9. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  10. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205