Windows 10: How do I find file properties like" location"?

Discus and support How do I find file properties like" location"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want the "Photos" app to open certain files from windows explorer by default. When I click on "Open with" the win 10 app "photos" is not on the drop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lbeck, Oct 9, 2015.

1. lbeck Win User

How do I find file properties like" location"?

I want the "Photos" app to open certain files from windows explorer by default. When I click on "Open with" the win 10 app "photos" is not on the drop down list. When I go to find it, I right click on the app on the 10 home screen and properties is not listed so I can't get the location of the exe.

How do I find app files in Windows 10?

:)

lbeck, Oct 9, 2015

2. How do I change back to Adobe Reader for PDF viewing?

I thought I would try Microsoft Edge, and now when the MS PDF Viewer opens a document, I can no longer find the "Properties" info on the file. My default PDF viewer was Adobe Reader, and that showed the properties and usually allowed highlighting and
    commenting, but now I can't find how to do that. I want to switch back to just Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader, but can't see where to do that. Help.

LandscaperDude, Oct 9, 2015
  3. custom notification tones for windows mobile 5.0

Help_Line wrote:

When you take a file that is working, verify the format and then use that format for your files.

What device are you using?

how do i verify that? i cannot seem to find any way to open the properties of the files in the file explorer.

i am using the verizon "pocket pc" i think its an audiovox xv6700

rajincajingt, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

How do I find file properties like" location"?

1. How do I find file properties like" location"? - Similar Threads - find file properties

2. How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?: I tried to organise my USB drive into folders. I added some files from my laptop over to the drive to organise and when I did, I saw that the folders I just organised are empty.I found some of the missing files in my recents in file explorer but not everything and I can't...
  3. How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?: I tried to organise my USB drive into folders. I added some files from my laptop over to the drive to organise and when I did, I saw that the folders I just organised are empty.I found some of the missing files in my recents in file explorer but not everything and I can't...
  4. How do I find a file that is no longer in its location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  6. I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location

I moved a file just to find it's not in the file location: I'm moving all my files so I can install a new SSD. I created one file "To Store" on my desktop with some files. I created another file "to Store" and moved it to the desktop. I looked at the desktop and found the second file isn't there. Or anywhere. What do I do? I have no...
  7. How to find location of file/app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find location of file/app?: I cant find the option "open file location" or "properties" in my windows 11 when i right click a specific app... is there any other way to find the location of an app or file?...
  8. How to find location of file/app?

How to find location of file/app?: I cant find the option "open file location" or "properties" in my windows 11 when i right click a specific app... is there any other way to find the location of an app or file?...
  9. How do I change dates on files properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change dates on files properties: How To Change File Attributes in Windows 10. I don't know exactly what I did but the Accessed:" dates on almost all my files changed. I like all my files to have the same date on the file properties "Created:", "Modify:" and :Accessed:".All I remember was updating to the...
  10. How to find file location in search function?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to find file location in search function?!: Hey guys, At some point windows has changed the search function. I used to search for a file or folder, then when finding the file or folder. I would hit the 'up arrow' directory function in the explorer window. It used to go to the folder where the found file was stored. You...