Windows 10: How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?

Discus and support How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In both BIOS and Device Manager, the name is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUC0N. When I searched the internet I couldn't find any useful information. In Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gregyurkon, Dec 9, 2015.

1. How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?

In both BIOS and Device Manager, the name is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUC0N. When I searched the internet I couldn't find any useful information. In Device Manager, when I opened the driver's Properties dialog, for manufacturer it said, "Standard CD-ROM Drives." When I searched for that phrase, all I found was a 2006 Microsoft webpage which said that that phrase means that I need to go inside a folder which doesn't exist and edit a file which File Explorer can't find. I gather from the article that there's probably an error somewhere, but I don't know how to resolve it or what I can do instead.

:)

gregyurkon, Dec 9, 2015

2. DVD Player can't find drive

How do I find my DVD/CD drive in an ASUS with windows 10. Trying to use an external DVD player to watch a dvd on my laptop.D

DoloresAdriance, Dec 9, 2015
  3. DVD drive missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Since upgrading from Win7 to Win10 my DVD Drive is missing. It apparently didn't come with everything else when I upgraded. How do I find it now? Can I uninstall Win10, go back to Win7 get the DVD drive and reinstall Win10?

Original title: DVD Drive

RitaTessier, Dec 9, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?

unless you've changed it yourself, then most likely its made from whoever made your laptop. Look up your model on the web.

OldMike65, Dec 9, 2015
  5. philc43 Win User
    I believe the DVD drive is made by Hitachi.

philc43, Dec 9, 2015
  6. Thanks. Lenovo told me to download a program called Nero. The download was problematic; I'm too tired to go into details. Anyway, now that I've installed it, as soon as I finish scanning for malware, I should get the information I'm looking for.

gregyurkon, Dec 9, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Here's a nice free one that I use all the time:
    CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

BunnyJ, Dec 9, 2015
  8. How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?

Thanks. I'm not quite sure whether I need more burn software than I already have, but I'll check it out when I have time.

gregyurkon, Dec 9, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    It's a nice tool and I think it's better than Nero.

BunnyJ, Dec 9, 2015
  10. Well Nero told me that the drive has every capability a DVD drive can have, so now the quest for video recording software begins.

gregyurkon, Dec 10, 2015
  11. Almighty1 Win User
  12. Thanks, but I tried the Hitachi site already. The only information I could find there was a claim that they make DVD drives. Nothing useful whatsoever. Anyway, like I said, Nero told me what I needed to know about the drive, so now I just need to find appropriate software.

gregyurkon, Dec 10, 2015
  13. Almighty1 Win User

Almighty1, Dec 10, 2015
  14. Thanks. I didn't know about ASPI and ASAPI, but Nero already gave me the drive info I was looking for.

gregyurkon, Dec 10, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
    I don't know if ASPI and ASAPI is still needed in Windows 7 and newer OSes. As for Nero, Nero has a utility called InfoTool that should tell you everything which is more than the burning software will ever do. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware for the drive which is what the rpc1.org site was for.

Almighty1, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

1. How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer? - Similar Threads - Find DVD Drive's

2. how do i find a drive that i disconnected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i find a drive that i disconnected?: i have accidentally disconnect a drive that needed internet and now i cannot locate it in the computer please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-a-drive-that-i-disconnected/f2ea910e-3859-4a1f-bddb-ce631ef17f50
  3. i could not find my dvd drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i could not find my dvd drive: i could not find my DVD Dirve and i cannot use any disk drive to my laptop. please solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-could-not-find-my-dvd-drive/8220be5c-9d53-4a97-ab68-912d844db14f
  4. i could not find my dvd drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i could not find my dvd drive: i could not find my DVD Dirve and i cannot use any disk drive to my laptop. please solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-could-not-find-my-dvd-drive/8220be5c-9d53-4a97-ab68-912d844db14f
  5. how do i copy my dvd picture to flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i copy my dvd picture to flash drive: how do I copy my dvd pictures to my flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-my-dvd-picture-to-flash-drive/a8815bae-971c-4b8d-831e-5b651f96ab72
  6. How can I find my laptop manufacture date?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I find my laptop manufacture date?: Hi there, I've a Dell laptop, OS Windows 10 Pro, and the need is to find when my laptop was manufactured. I've never thought about finding my device's manufacture date; I've looked in the system setting but couldn't sort it out. How can I know it? Thanks, Tyeberg....
  7. Can't find DVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find DVD drive: I am using my wife's PC as mine has died. I have kept her C drive but replaced her D drive with mine. It picks up both HDDs OK but can't see the DVD drive in disc management. I have double checked all connsctions and all are fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. How Do I Fix My DVD Drive In Windows 10?

How Do I Fix My DVD Drive In Windows 10?: I have been having a problem with my dvd drive on my windows 10 laptop. I have had my laptop for five years and the dvd drive has worked fine until a few months ago and I still can`t fix it. It doesn`t show up in this pc and to find it in device manager I have to click show...
  9. How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?

How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer?: How do I open the DVD drive on my Hp Computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-dvd-drive-on-my-hp-computer/bc737902-bbd1-4c51-9b79-fdde2d175d43
  10. how do i locate my dvd drive in windows 10

how do i locate my dvd drive in windows 10: cant find my dvd drive on my laptop same with bluetooth to add wireless blue tooth earbuds. upgraded to windows 10 recently. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-locate-my-dvd-drive-in-windows-10/535d6a3a-b769-4e9b-a2cc-7ee60c898ad8