Windows 10: How do i find my windows 7 product key?

Discus and support How do i find my windows 7 product key? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Help me sir.Wins 7 product has been lose on my wins 7 computer.please i want to my old wins 7 product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phone thet kyaw, Nov 30, 2023.

1. How do i find my windows 7 product key?

Help me sir.Wins 7 product has been lose on my wins 7 computer.please i want to my old wins 7 product key.

:)

phone thet kyaw, Nov 30, 2023

2. Product key of windows 7 ultimate

If you buy a 10 Pro key yourself there are no downgrade rights to 7 Pro.

10 Pro has to come preinstalled by the OEM (Dell, HP, etc.) for Downgrade Rights.

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software

To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bill Smithers, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Nov 30, 2023
  4. How do i find my windows 7 product key?

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

How do i find my windows 7 product key?

1. How do i find my windows 7 product key? - Similar Threads - find product key

2. How do I find my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my product key: Hello, I’ve recently been doing an upgrade on my old Lenovo laptop. It’s still on windows 8 and I can’t physically find the product key and don’t know how to find it digitally in order to upgrade to windows 8.1? Please could you help....
  3. How do I find my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my product key: Hello, I’ve recently been doing an upgrade on my old Lenovo laptop. It’s still on windows 8 and I can’t physically find the product key and don’t know how to find it digitally in order to upgrade to windows 8.1? Please could you help....
  4. How do I find my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my product key: How do I find my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-product-key/7adac39a-6343-4699-a8b7-b29886309c21
  5. How do I find my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my product key: How do I find my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-product-key/7adac39a-6343-4699-a8b7-b29886309c21
  6. How do I find my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do i find my windows 7 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i find my windows 7 product key?: Help me sir.Wins 7 product has been lose on my wins 7 computer.please i want to my old wins 7 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-7-product-key/6dc171e4-48cb-4147-b428-132ed7ea08d0
  8. How do I find my product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find my product key?: Hello Support team, I've lost my product key and can't seem to find it. how can i get in contact with a person that can help me find my product key for my computer?My computer is currently needing me to enter my product key to activate it so that I can use its functions, such...
  9. How do I find my product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my product key?: Hello Support team, I've lost my product key and can't seem to find it. how can i get in contact with a person that can help me find my product key for my computer?My computer is currently needing me to enter my product key to activate it so that I can use its functions, such...
  10. How do I find my product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find my product key?: How do I find my product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-product-key/0a31418d-dd65-4e57-b09d-6a2b8aae6c73"