Windows 10: How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping?

Discus and support How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So my computer goes to sleep every 10 minutes and I have to restart it , which takes a long time because my laptop is a low end com. Anyone know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gamerzgaming, Aug 6, 2015.

1. How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping?

So my computer goes to sleep every 10 minutes and I have to restart it , which takes a long time because my laptop is a low end com. Anyone know how to fix the black screen when I come back ? I tried to move my mouse no cursor no nothing just the screen flashing.

:)

Gamerzgaming, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10

When I start My desktop computer I get a black screen with the icons. How do I fix this problem?

TedWoytowich1947, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Forever black screen

My computer displayed an error message that said something about restarting the computer, then tried to restart itself. When it turned back on, the screen was completely black, there is nowhere to sign in and nothing ever shows on screen to say that it
    is restarting. Just blackness. How do I fix this?

ChristopherSnapps, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Mual Win User

How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping?

Hello Gamerzgaming!
    I suppose I also having this kind of problem after upgrading to Windows 10. Although I didn't let my computer to go sleep every 10 min, if I manually press Sleep it just takes too long. And when there is a black screen I also cannot resume and I have to shutdown and restart again.

Mual, Aug 7, 2015
  5. i went back to windows 8 this is quite disappointing

Gamerzgaming, Aug 7, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

In the Power settings why don't you just change things like when screen switches off, when HDD's switch off etc etc.

Personally I always DISABLE Sleep / Hibernate too -- can't see the point of it - the only thing on a desktop is I switch off the Monitor after 10 mins if I'm not using it -and that's done in the Monitor's Power saving mode - not the computer.

Apart from a Monitor leaving a computer running in "idle mode" doesn't consume much power - just switch it off when you've totally finished with it.

I know Green Party members or Friends of the Earth etc will disagree - but there's better ways of saving energy these days -- an idling computer won't kill the planet.

If you use an SSD for the OS boot after restart is incredibly fast so you don't need sleep for a fast restart.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Mual Win User
    Ah I see. Well, for me I will still keep using Windows 10, other than these problems, other are fine I suppose, just waiting for Microsoft to fix all these issue when the update comes.

Mual, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping?

1. How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping? - Similar Threads - fix black screen

2. How do I fix my laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my laptop stuck on black screen: So I was playing a game on my new laptop and then suddenly it crashed after rebooting the laptop I tried playing the game again but it started lagging and then I noticed that my laptop was not detecting my GPU. So I looked on Google about what to do and saw that uninstalling...
  3. How do I fix my main screen being black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my main screen being black?: So I was doing school while listening to music, minding my own business, when suddenly my main screen just gave out & went black. My other 2 monitors still work fine, but the main one sometimes shows some white lines. I've tried almost everything except for going into Safe...
  4. How do I fix a black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a black screen?: My computer suddenly went black out of no where, but the power button light is still on. When I tried to turn the computer off then back on, it won’t turn off. I thought maybe plugging the charger in would help, but when I did the charger light didn’t turn on to indicate it...
  5. How do I fix a black screen?

How do I fix a black screen?: My computer suddenly went black out of no where, but the power button light is still on. When I tried to turn the computer off then back on, it won’t turn off. I thought maybe plugging the charger in would help, but when I did the charger light didn’t turn on to indicate it...
  6. How do i fix my black screen on windows 11?

How do i fix my black screen on windows 11?: My windows 11 is stuck on a black screen with only a cursor. Can't open WinRe, bios, use any hotkeys, and my motherboard doesnt have a switch to reset. AMD Ryzen 7 5800X...
  7. How do I fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix black screen with cursor: It suddenly happened it was fine yesterday as soon as I open it this morning it stopped working submitted by /u/pinoynamatalino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/maeiml/how_do_i_fix_black_screen_with_cursor/
  8. How do i fix a black screen?

How do i fix a black screen?: So i turned on my computer, it brings me to a black screen with a cursor. if i give it some time it brings up the first page to go to sign in, but it looks weird. it has poor quality and says “Windows sign-in”. if i click anything at all, it brings me straight to the black...
  9. how do i startup the computer when it has a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i startup the computer when it has a black screen: I just had a Windows 10 update and logged off. Aftrwards, how do i startup the computer goes black after i login? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-startup-the-computer-when-it-has-a-black/f29e5283-e25b-447a-bfef-7b64b53cb17a
  10. How do I fix this black screen?

How do I fix this black screen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flash050562ndacc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoe1bg/how_do_i_fix_this_black_screen/