Windows 10: How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts

Discus and support How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I connect to an external monitor (LG 34 inch Ultra via HDMI), my laptop folder fonts (only when attaching a file to email, uploading files etc.)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billysurf, Jan 15, 2017.

1. billysurf Win User

How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts

When I connect to an external monitor (LG 34 inch Ultra via HDMI), my laptop folder fonts (only when attaching a file to email, uploading files etc.) are VERY small. To get them the right size, I have to make the laptop the main monitor and that makes the external monitors font blurry AND pointer etc. unusable big...

My settings:

extended desktop
    laptop = 3840x2160 (this is the recommended setting)

External = 2560x1080 (recommended)

Any ideas on how to fix?

Link to screenshot Dropbox - Untitled.png

:)

billysurf, Jan 15, 2017

2. How to fix font size on all programs

my font size is very small. how do i fix it?

JAMESBANKER, Jan 15, 2017
  3. PatDunne Win User
    Windows 10 font changed to small

I have Windows 10, font in all my applications has changed to a very small font. How do i fix it

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PatDunne, Jan 15, 2017
  4. How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts

Have you tried changing the scaling under Settings - Display?

ItsTheYoshi, Jan 16, 2017
  5. billysurf Win User
    I have. it makes all fonts/icons etc. larger yet the file folders and desktop icons stay tiny and illegible.

billysurf, Jan 16, 2017
  6. For the files that would be when you right click it will give you the option to go size and pick large or something else. Other than that I am not sure what else to say to do.

ItsTheYoshi, Jan 16, 2017
  7. billysurf Win User
    That does make the icons bigger but unfortunately, the font is still very, very small and doesn't change. Interestingly, when I connect 2 monitors, I don't have the problem. It's only when I use the laptop monitor and connect 1 external (LG ultra).

billysurf, Jan 16, 2017
  8. gpwill Win User

Maybe you can adjust them here?

How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts [​IMG]

gpwill, Jan 16, 2017
  9. billysurf Win User
    Just tried, not working. I appreciate all the responses.

billysurf, Jan 16, 2017
  10. gpwill Win User
    Worked for me with just one monitor (laptop) I will have to try it with an external. Dont know. Like you, fonts have always been a pain for me also.

gpwill, Jan 16, 2017
  11. Win10Pro Win User
    Looks like an LG ultra-specific problem. Any LG monitor management app available on their website?

Win10Pro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts - Similar Threads - fix burry fonts

2. How do I fix all the fonts to behave like Windows fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix all the fonts to behave like Windows fonts: Fonts from Google, Apple, and from multiple third parties may have a problem cross-program. For example, on Word 2021, the SF Pro Display Apple get a problem loading a font.E.g., instead of using glyphs for stances like, SF Pro Regular [regular,] SF Pro Regular Italic...
  3. How do I fix all the fonts to behave like Windows fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix all the fonts to behave like Windows fonts: Fonts from Google, Apple, and from multiple third parties may have a problem cross-program. For example, on Word 2021, the SF Pro Display Apple get a problem loading a font.E.g., instead of using glyphs for stances like, SF Pro Regular [regular,] SF Pro Regular Italic...
  4. Icons are very small. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are very small. How do I fix this?: All of the notifications are really small and I can't do anything.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-very-small-how-do-i-fix-this/69741f6b-9892-401a-8296-0532fcb3675d
  5. Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small: Font sizes of received and composed messages are ok. But font size in sent messages is much smaller than when I composed that message. I prefer to have the size larger. I did not find a setting for that. Thunderbird 72.0.2 150001
  6. Chrome Font small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome Font small: Problem with Chrome on Outlook on line after Win 10 1909 update with font size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-font-small/8500cea2-779f-4328-a580-7559fbe8f585
  7. Title font for windows 10 and other applications are very small. How to fix?

Title font for windows 10 and other applications are very small. How to fix?: Hello, I have had a problem recently with the title font sizes of my laptop (Huawei MateBook x Pro). The title font sizes are very small but normal font sizes for windows and other applications are fine. This problem occurred one morning where I just opened up my laptop and...
  8. Font size suddenly very small

Font size suddenly very small: When I was typing an email the font size suddenly became very small within the email and within every aspect of my Windows 10. I have been unable to return it to its normal size. I cannot even respond to an email because the type is so tiny I cannot even read it. If I try to...
  9. Update to 1709 (FCU) Made Fonts Small - How to Fix??

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to 1709 (FCU) Made Fonts Small - How to Fix??: I updated to 1709 (FCU) and my fonts have become small. How do i fix this? 98575
  10. windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small

in Windows 10 Support
    windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small: Windows 10 just did a major upgrade on my computer and changed all my fonts. Desktop items and menus have light small fonts that are hard for me to read. Also I use Chrome and it changed the menu and bookmark fonts there also. very small and light and hard to read. How can...