Windows 10: How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled

Discus and support How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI when I have fast start up checked windows hangs is there any thing I can do. I turn off fast start up and and it boots ok I am using a samsung ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Littlejohn56, May 27, 2017.

1. How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled

HI when I have fast start up checked windows hangs is there any thing I can do.
    I turn off fast start up and and it boots ok
    I am using a samsung ssd 850 pro
    any help would be much appreciated thanks

:)

Littlejohn56, May 27, 2017
  2. Nyltje Win User

Fast start problem

Hello,

Problem: when I startup Windows, some programs that were open when I shut down my pc opens again. Programs like Spotify or Chrome (Chrome continues with the same tabs)

I really shut down my computer. I think the problem is that the option "Fast start" (in Power Options), because when I turn off that option, I don't get the problem anymore.

So were do I need a fix for?

I need a fix for start up normally without all programs opening, but when I have turned on "Fast start".

I hope someone knows how to fix this problem.

Nyltje, May 27, 2017
  3. Jrarentz Win User
    Windows 10 is changing Joystick number assignments upon restart

Solution found here:

"Do you have "fast start" and hibernation enabled on your Win 10 system? From what I understand when you have "fast start" enabled Win 10 saves lots of pertinent data to the hibernation file so after shutting down, and then when you restart, it uses
    the saved data to get your system up and running fast. I wonder if maybe w/o "fast start" enabled the system re-assigns the joy numbers on boot-up? That's one reason a "restart" takes longer as it ignores the hibernation data.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Try this: Boot-up and get the assignments set w/fast start off. Once done go back and turn fast-start and hibernate on (you can kill hibernate after you restart). This is how mine is configured. When you stop the hibernate do it in the advance power
    setting location. "

I did all that and it's fixed now.

Jrarentz, May 27, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled

Why not just leave it disabled? With an SSD there should be very little difference between having it enabled and disabled. All my computers with SSD's have fast startup disabled.

In addition, I run:
    powercfg -h off

to revmove the hibernation sys file.

NavyLCDR, May 27, 2017
Thema:

How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled

1. How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled - Similar Threads - fix start problem

2. How do I fix start up problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix start up problems?: I recently reset my laptop acer aspire 3 and now when I try to log in it says “The user profile service failed the sign-in” and I have no idea how to fix it. Could someone help?...
  3. How do I fix start up problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix start up problems?: I recently reset my laptop acer aspire 3 and now when I try to log in it says “The user profile service failed the sign-in” and I have no idea how to fix it. Could someone help?...
  4. How do I fix start up problems?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix start up problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix start up problem?: Everytime i turn on My PC ir either gets stuck on the american megatrends screen or in a flickering white line. If it does manage to turn on, it either crashes on the Windows loading screen or shows "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE". I was able to Open event viewer and the problem was...
  6. How to fix start up problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix start up problem?: Everytime i turn on My PC ir either gets stuck on the american megatrends screen or in a flickering white line. If it does manage to turn on, it either crashes on the Windows loading screen or shows "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE". I was able to Open event viewer and the problem was...
  7. How to fix start up problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Driver\Fast Start Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver\Fast Start Up: I recently have had problems starting my PC without a password or pin. I have done it for a very long time. I questioned the Community and was told to pose another question to help solve my problem: Driver\Fast Startup. If I untick the fast start-up, I can log on without...
  9. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Start up: What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440