Windows 10: How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My task bar will not work at all! I can right click on the task bar and get a few options, buts that's about it. My start menu and cortana will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wallfles 101, Sep 16, 2017.

1. How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC?

My task bar will not work at all! I can right click on the task bar and get a few options, buts that's about it. My start menu and cortana will not work either. I can access my file explorer and a few apps that I downloaded from google chrome. I looked all over the internet for solutions. I restarted the file explorer, power shell, and command prompt. Nothing will work, I tried to reinstall, but I would have open start menu and it doesn't work.

:)

Wallfles 101, Sep 16, 2017
  2. Josh_Lam Win User

Powershell and Taskbar unclickable

Hello, I recently have my taskbar unclickable and I've tried various ways to fix it, (such as refreshing windows explorer, restarting PC) It fixed once after restarting but after I shutdown the problem arises again. Everything is unclickable except my applications
    on the taskbar and the Hidden Icons tab. I tried to use the powershell method but powershell opens and appears on taskbar but doesn't appear on screen.

Josh_Lam, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Taskbar

You can try some advice from this
    link
    to troubleshoot Win10 taskbar issues (Except the one for unclickable taskbar) and try checking if it's happening with another user profile, the steps on how to create one are also posted on the same

link

CourageDog, Sep 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC?

Hello, could you advise any history on this? E.g.
    Did your PC suddenly crash?
    Did you switch on your PC and suddenly things didn't work?
    Have you upgraded to a new build?

- Did you boot your system from a Win 10 bootable disk and follow the installation process like this?
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

- or did you log in and then try to start Win 10 installation?

As we know nothing about your PC (compare clicking 'My computer' on your post, and 'My computer' on mine)... please complete your specs:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

that may help. In particular, what sort of disk is your system disk?

Basics:
    1. First check your disk:
    I'll assume you can't download and install programs, which limits options somewhat.
    Download this portable program which you can run from a flash drive or external USB drive
    CrystalDiskInfo Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives
    Run it, and post a screenshot of the results for each disk in your system.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

Make sure all disks are reported as good.
    If not, do not continue, and post back .

Download and run this on your system drive- again, a portable program.
    Macrorit Disk Scanner Portable Download

2. Now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

- the two are quite significantly different.

3. If all the above pass- Do you have System restore enabled and any useful restore points?
    You can run system restore, for example, by clicking the Power button on your login screen, then SHIFT + left click Restart; your PC will restart- navigate through the prompts to a blue screen with a System Restore button.

4. If that doesn't help, I suggest trying an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all programs and data, and most settings.

What is your Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2017
Thema:

How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC?

1. How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - Fix Unclickable Taskbar

2. Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.: So I think there are like, layers to my issues? First of all, my taskbar is unclickable, I can't search anything, I can click icons and use the sound mixer /up arrow and stuff, but that's it. Second of all, I'm in a temporary account. I've had these issues for 7 months and...
  3. Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.: So I think there are like, layers to my issues? First of all, my taskbar is unclickable, I can't search anything, I can click icons and use the sound mixer /up arrow and stuff, but that's it. Second of all, I'm in a temporary account. I've had these issues for 7 months and...
  4. Unclickable taskbar and temporary account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  6. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  7. Taskbar programs unclickable

8. How do I fix the calendar in Windows taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the calendar in Windows taskbar?: When ever I click the clock in the taskbar this is all I get for the calendar. I can't even see the days of the month. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-calendar-in-windows-taskbar/9cafa421-da05-4823-a360-697f36b19f26
  9. How do I fix the calendar in Windows taskbar?

How do I fix the calendar in Windows taskbar?: When ever I click the clock in the taskbar this is all I get for the calendar. I can't even see the days of the month. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-calendar-in-windows-taskbar/9cafa421-da05-4823-a360-697f36b19f26
  10. Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unclickable Taskbar; Can’t click on Taskbar in Windows 10: Not able to click anything on your Windows 10 Taskbar? No worries! This guide will help you fix an unclickable Taskbar in Windows 10. Some Windows 10 users face taskbar issues like taskbar freezes, taskbar stops working, Cortona taskbar not working, taskbar buttons not...