Windows 10: How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My task bar will not work at all! I can right click on the task bar and get a few options, buts that's about it. My start menu and cortana will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wallfles 101, Sep 16, 2017.

1. How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC?

My task bar will not work at all! I can right click on the task bar and get a few options, buts that's about it. My start menu and cortana will not work either. I can access my file explorer and a few apps that I downloaded from google chrome. I looked all over the internet for solutions. I restarted the file explorer, power shell, and command prompt. Nothing will work, I tried to reinstall, but I would have open start menu and it doesn't work.

:)

Wallfles 101, Sep 16, 2017
  2. Josh_Lam Win User

Powershell and Taskbar unclickable

Hello, I recently have my taskbar unclickable and I've tried various ways to fix it, (such as refreshing windows explorer, restarting PC) It fixed once after restarting but after I shutdown the problem arises again. Everything is unclickable except my applications
    on the taskbar and the Hidden Icons tab. I tried to use the powershell method but powershell opens and appears on taskbar but doesn't appear on screen.

Josh_Lam, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Taskbar

You can try some advice from this
    link
    to troubleshoot Win10 taskbar issues (Except the one for unclickable taskbar) and try checking if it's happening with another user profile, the steps on how to create one are also posted on the same

link

CourageDog, Sep 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC?

Hello, could you advise any history on this? E.g.
    Did your PC suddenly crash?
    Did you switch on your PC and suddenly things didn't work?
    Have you upgraded to a new build?

- Did you boot your system from a Win 10 bootable disk and follow the installation process like this?
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

- or did you log in and then try to start Win 10 installation?

As we know nothing about your PC (compare clicking 'My computer' on your post, and 'My computer' on mine)... please complete your specs:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

that may help. In particular, what sort of disk is your system disk?

Basics:
    1. First check your disk:
    I'll assume you can't download and install programs, which limits options somewhat.
    Download this portable program which you can run from a flash drive or external USB drive
    CrystalDiskInfo Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives
    Run it, and post a screenshot of the results for each disk in your system.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

Make sure all disks are reported as good.
    If not, do not continue, and post back .

Download and run this on your system drive- again, a portable program.
    Macrorit Disk Scanner Portable Download

2. Now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

- the two are quite significantly different.

3. If all the above pass- Do you have System restore enabled and any useful restore points?
    You can run system restore, for example, by clicking the Power button on your login screen, then SHIFT + left click Restart; your PC will restart- navigate through the prompts to a blue screen with a System Restore button.

4. If that doesn't help, I suggest trying an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all programs and data, and most settings.

What is your Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2017
Thema:

How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC?

1. How Do I Fix Unclickable Taskbar, Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - Fix Unclickable Taskbar

2. The taskbar is too large for my monitor, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The taskbar is too large for my monitor, how do I fix it?: The taskbar is too large for the monitor, how do I fix it besides the resolution and other settings which didn't work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-taskbar-is-too-large-for-my-monitor-how-do-i/c2349d24-7381-451f-9e46-0dfea1041f31
  3. how do i fix 1903 windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i fix 1903 windows 10: start menu , app store and many apps are not working ,when i click on it i get class not registered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-1903-windows-10/98e30958-c328-45b9-81a3-52792ca7b2fa
  4. How Do I Fix Brother Printer offline Trouble in Windows 10 pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Fix Brother Printer offline Trouble in Windows 10 pc?: Few days back, I have bought a new lenovo laptop. which came with windows 10 x64. I am trying to add my brother printer into it. but each time, i try to print something it gives me offline error. Why is it doing so? while my brother printer works fine on windows 7 laptop....
  5. How do I fix there was a problem resetting your pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix there was a problem resetting your pc: I had a problem where windows couldn't repair my PC. I needed to factory reset the PC through the bluescreen since I couldn't access the desktop. I went to advanced settings and troubleshoot where I pressed the reset PC button and clicked remove everything then a message...
  6. If there is NO "START" how do I fix This windows fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If there is NO "START" how do I fix This windows fix?: I have a Catch-22 problem. YES! I have Administrator access! Questions are in RED. OK, orange it is! Sheesh. Not allowed RED!!!! Preamble: Like millions of others, I arrived home to fine my 7 shanghaied to 10. With so much grief, I resorted to using my Vista box but the...
  7. Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?: I'm having a weird issue after the last major update where i cannot access the bottom row of icons in the system tray. this is because the pop out menu of the system tray is being rendered from the bottom of the screen instead of from the top of the taskbar. it is being...
  8. how do i fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i fix this: Log Name: Application Source: SideBySide Date: 7/7/2018 9:56:34 AM Event ID: 33 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: LAPTOP-P4BA8CNS Description: Activation context generation failed for...
  9. How do I fix IAStorDataSvc in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I fix IAStorDataSvc in Windows 10: I don't know what happened, but I am not able to find my first post. Hello, everyone, this is my first post. My name is James. Recently I have been facing some serious problem with too much CPU usage. Even when I am not using any single application, my CPU usage is more...
  10. How do i fix this

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i fix this: okay so i made a user account today. my husband already had his own. somehow our email address, got switched around. so my Microsoft email is on his computer user account. and his Microsoft email is on my computer user account. i have no idea how to fix it. i hope i explained...