Windows 10: How do I gain access to original Windows 10 Desktop Backgrounds?

Discus and support How do I gain access to original Windows 10 Desktop Backgrounds? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Windows 10, and I have used the settings app to personalize my PC. However, it only shows the 5 recent wallpapers. How do I re-gain access to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zcb310, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Zcb310 Win User

How do I gain access to original Windows 10 Desktop Backgrounds?

I use Windows 10, and I have used the settings app to personalize my PC. However, it only shows the 5 recent wallpapers. How do I re-gain access to the built in wallpapers?

:)

Zcb310, Aug 10, 2016

2. How do I gain access to Windows 10?

How will I know when Windows 10 is available?

Between now and launch, the following KB update (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583) should be installed on your Windows 7/8.1 computer.
    Volume License customers will not receive this update because of IT requirements in managed environments. If its not already installed, open Windows Update and check for Updates.

How do I gain access to original Windows 10 Desktop Backgrounds? [​IMG]

To check if the updates already installed:

Click Start (or press Windows key + S for Windows 8.1 users)

Type: view installed updates

Hit Enter on your keyboard

Look through the list for the KB3035583 update.

Once that is installed, you should see the following pop up in the Notification area of the Taskbar.

Learn more:

How
    to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

What is the Reserve Upgrade app?

The Windows 10 upgrade is designed to be compatible with your current Windows device and applications*. We are hard at work to make this upgrade process a great experience.
    You can reserve your free Windows 10 upgrade now through a simple reservation process. Look for this icon in your system tray at the bottom of your screen, simply click on the icon, and then complete the reservation process.
    You can find more details on how this works at Windows.com.

The reservation app is not working, it displays a blank screen:

If the application has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

• Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)
    • After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:
      • schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10,
    but I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

Can I reserve even if I didn’t get a notification?

Yes. You can reserve your upgrade at any time on any compatible PC by clicking on the Get Windows 10 app or the Windows Update control panel.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

This update is not required to get Windows 10, you can still get it even though you don't get the notification. Just download it on July 29th 2015 when it becomes available. You will have one year to do so. The Reserve app is just a reminder/notification
    for its availability.

How can I cancel my reservation? I don't want to upgrade to Windows 10 at all.

Open the Reservation app in the notification area (double click it)

Click the Hamburger menu in the upper left corner, then select View Confirmation.

In the lower left, click Cancel reservation and then confirm (twice).

Can I change the email address used to reserve the free upgrade?

You have to cancel the reservation and reserve Windows 10 again if you want it to a different email address.

To cancel reservation follow the below steps:

•Click/tap on the Get Windows 10 app icon on the taskbar notification area.

•Click/tap on the "hamburger" style menu button at the top left corner in the Get Windows 10 app.

•Click/tap on View confirmation under Getting the upgrade.

•Click/tap on the Cancel reservation link.

•Click/tap on Cancel reservation to confirm.

•Click/tap on Close.

This will cancel the reservation, now go ahead and reserve it with the new email.

Can I uninstall the Reservation completely from my computer?

Click Start (or press Windows key + S for Windows 8.1 users)

Type: view installed updates

Hit Enter on your keyboard

Look through the list for the KB3035583 and KB2976978 update.

Right click each update and click Uninstall.

Other reasons why you might not be seeing it:

Why don’t I have the Get Windows 10 app?

If you don’t see the Get Windows 10 app on your PC, it might be because:

• Your device isn’t up-to-date with at least Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
    • Windows Update is turned off or is not set to received updates automatically.
    • You’ve blocked or uninstalled the necessary Windows Update functionality.
    • Your device is not running genuine Windows.
    • Your Windows License is from a MSDN or TechNet subscription. If it is, you will be able to get Windows 10 through your subscription if it is still active.
    • Your computer is part of a Windows Domain
    • Microsoft has not determined your device capable of running Windows 10 even though it meets the minimum system requirements.
    • You are running a volume license client: Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Enterprise
      (only retail store bought or preinstalled OEM licenses) get the upgrade offer.
    Running Windows Update and installing any available updates will fix the first three issues. Need more help? Go to our
    Windows Community Forum.

PCs that we determine cannot run Windows 10 will not see the Get Windows 10 app before July 29, 2015. After July 29, 2015, we’ll enable the icon in the system tray. This is to help ensure that you can easily check your PC’s compatibility if you
    choose.

If your device is managed as part of a school or business network, please check with your IT administrator about upgrading to Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

How can I check my status?

You can check your upgrade status by right clicking this icon:

Source:
    http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/preparing-for-windows-10/

Also, you can open Windows Update and check there.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 10, 2016
  3. How do I gain access to Windows 10?

There is no need to "reserve" anything. It is merely marketing on the part of MS to "encourage" users to upgrade. They will be happy to upgrade any qualifying OS during the first year for free and it will remain free for the life of the device when it
    is released on July 29

There will be ISO'S available when win 10 is released on July 29

In almost all cases you data should migrate seamlessly

If your data is important to you back it up

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 10, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello zcb310, *Smile

The included wallpapers in Windows 10 are located in the subfolders in the "C:\Windows\Web" folder.

Brink, Aug 10, 2016
  5. dacrone Win User
Thema:

1. How do I gain access to original Windows 10 Desktop Backgrounds? - Similar Threads - gain access original

2. How do I gain access to an an old account that I don’t have access to it anymore? Not sure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain access to an an old account that I don’t have access to it anymore? Not sure...: I made a Hotmail account when I was younger and no longer use that account. But I have old Xbox stuff connected to it that I would like to use now. Like cross progression for Rainbow 6 siege. I don’t know the password nor the account security answers to recover the account....
  3. How do I gain access to an an old account that I don’t have access to it anymore? Not sure...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gain access to an an old account that I don’t have access to it anymore? Not sure...: I made a Hotmail account when I was younger and no longer use that account. But I have old Xbox stuff connected to it that I would like to use now. Like cross progression for Rainbow 6 siege. I don’t know the password nor the account security answers to recover the account....
  4. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?: I have forgotten the password for my laptop. A challenge phrase is asked on each attempt at the password. I have attempted to reset the laptop but it will not do it. Any help greatly appreciated! It's a new laptop with no files/work on the laptop...
  5. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?: I have forgotten the password for my laptop. A challenge phrase is asked on each attempt at the password. I have attempted to reset the laptop but it will not do it. Any help greatly appreciated! It's a new laptop with no files/work on the laptop...
  6. How do I gain access to my laptop if I have forgotten the password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  8. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  9. How do I gain access to my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I gain access to my laptop: I have an HP touchscreen laptop less than 6 months old with Windows 10 preloaded. When I turn it on, the picture comes up. However, no matter what I do, the Pin log-in area will not come up so I can enter my pin. Win10 was preloaded so I do not have a disk or even a...
  10. How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?: I already googled it and every tutorial is the same. When I go to do it, it doesn't work. I don't have a Microsoft account. I specified a local account user name. This is what I'm selecting as owner. The computer is not transferring access to the user im selecting. I want...