Windows 10: How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270?

Discus and support How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I have a r9 270 which only has 1 HDMI port. I was wondering if there's a way to have 2 HDMI monitors running on my 270 which only has 1 HDMI port.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NussOkeh, May 14, 2016.

1. NussOkeh Win User

How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270?

So I have a r9 270 which only has 1 HDMI port. I was wondering if there's a way to have 2 HDMI monitors running on my 270 which only has 1 HDMI port. Would it be worth upgrading graphics cards for this reason? I'm in need for more space so utilize live streaming and editing

:)

NussOkeh, May 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 hdmi not working

You're implying you are using one of the Radeon "Displayports" instead of its single HDMI one? That didn't necessarily sound like a standard DVI port to me. E.g. you might need an AMD adapter (sold separately?). Have you asked AMD about this? Otherwise
    won't your motherboard have some other video port? Then use it to get that multi-monitor configuration I was suggesting. Frankly this sounds like more of a hardware problem than a software problem.

In fact, if I have found the right User Guide for your card, it looks like you could have tried "DisplayPort connection with DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter" (/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x.pdf p.10)

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, May 14, 2016
  3. Ethan35 Win User
    Unable to save display settings, trying to hook up 3 Monitors to my desktop

Whenever I try to 'Extend desktop to this display' I get the error 'The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings.'

The triple monitor config I now have is HDMI+HDMI+DisplayPort-DVI active adapter.

Is there a fix or workaround for this? I have tried everything I could think of, I re-installed AMD drivers. Reset resolutions on Desktop displays.

I have also tried DVI+HDMI+DisplayPort-DVI active adapter but it now seems that my AMD Radeon R9 280 driver will not extend to a 3rd monitor.

Then it gets weird. When I connect all 3 monitors and switch around which monitor is connected to which connector (i.e. either of the DVIs and the display port) only 2 monitors work but there is a randomness as to which 2 of the 3 monitors work.

I am unsure as to what to do next. At this point I would also like to know what is the root cause of this issue so that I can go about replacing any problem hardware i.e. Is it the graphics card etc?

Ethan35, May 14, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

What other ports do you have. If you have a DVI or a Display port you can ge a Display Port to HDMI converter, or if your monitor has a DVI port just run a DVI cable.

essenbe, May 14, 2016
  5. NussOkeh Win User
    I apologize for the lack of knowledge about displays but my desktop has a red port but my second monitor only supports HDMI and a VGA I believe.
    How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270? [​IMG]

How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270? [​IMG]

NussOkeh, May 15, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, May 15, 2016
  7. NussOkeh Win User
    Thanks for the solutions! I was wondering if they're DVI to VGA? I intend to use the HDMI for a console so all I have to do is switch channels.

NussOkeh, May 15, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

Are you asking if they have a DVI to VGA adapter? if that is what you want, you could try this http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-D...to+VGA+adapter

I thought you wanted to connect with HDMI. If so, use a type listed in Post #4. There are a lot of brands and types to choose from.

essenbe, May 15, 2016
  9. NussOkeh Win User
    Nice! I appreciate the help. Would it be possible to use the HDMI port on the monitor for the console and the DVI to VGA on the computer and switch from the console to PC?

NussOkeh, May 15, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    I don't know the answer to that one, I don't know about consoles.

essenbe, May 15, 2016
  11. bobkn Win User
    It's a little hard to tell, but I believe that the third slot in the picture (post #3) is DP (DisplayPort). It's another digital interface. I use it because (depending on version) it supports my UHD (3840X2160) monitor.

DP to HDMI adapters also exist.

I suppose that you could connect a PC to your monitor using VGA and connect a console to the monitor using HDMI. That assumes that your monitor format is one supported by VGA. I've only used digital interfaces for the past few years; I'm a bit of a snob, I suppose. I'd use an HDMI switch in preference to stay digital.

bobkn, May 15, 2016
  12. essenbe Win User
    Bobkn is correct. A DP to HDMI is what I use on my third monitor. They are also available.

essenbe, May 15, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

I have used both a display port to HDMI adapter and a DVI to HDMI adapter on different computers.

NavyLCDR, May 15, 2016
  14. NussOkeh Win User
    Did it work well?

NussOkeh, May 16, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    The display port to HDMI was better than DVI to HDMI. The DVI to HDMI produced a little bit more blurry text.

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I get 2 HDMI monitors running on my AMD Radeon R9 270? - Similar Threads - HDMI monitors running

2. AMD R9 390X Display Issues with Ultrawide Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AMD R9 390X Display Issues with Ultrawide Monitor: Hi everyone, Just bought the Lenovo Legion Legion Y44w-10 + Ultrawide Monitor, and hooked it up to my PC. Windows for some reason think my recommended display setting is 3840 x 2160 (recommended). But the resolution should be 3840 x 1200. When I select that resolution, the...
  3. R9 270 vs GTX 1660

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    R9 270 vs GTX 1660: I'm trying to upgrade my video card around the $200 mark but I don't know much about them so would a GTX 1660 be a better card and does the brand mean anything?
  4. AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD R9 270 failing due to driver issue: Was using my PC when it unexpectedly crashed. Restarting caused windows to attempt and automatic repair, which does not succeed. Booting into Safe Mode does work, and from there, if I reinstall AMD driver software Adrenaline 20.2.2 with factory reset, the computer the...
  5. How do I know if my additional graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 M265X) is actually doing any work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I know if my additional graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 M265X) is actually doing any work?: Hello, My laptop seems to have 2 graphics cards (one as part of the Intel CPU I believe, and a second one by AMD). How do I know if my additional graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 M265X with 2Gb dedicated memory) is actually doing any work? How can I know if it is functioning...
  6. Waterblock for Gigabyte R9 270

Waterblock for Gigabyte R9 270: I am currently building a watercooling loop for my PC because I am idling at 59-66 c on my gpu and cpu with fans maxed out. I found everything but a block for my gpu. A r9 270 is basically a 7870 and I found a 7870 waterblock from EK that listed an HIS r9 270 is compatable....
  7. AMD Radeon R9 380X

AMD Radeon R9 380X: (For those thinking of getting an upgrade for 1080p gaming this Christmas... *Smile ) AMD Radeon R9 380X review feat. Sapphire: The best graphics card for 1080p gaming, priced to fight AMD's Radeon R9 380X fills a gaping hole in the world of graphics cards, and it's...
  8. HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200

HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200: Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv4 with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphic controller. When I installed Win 10, I was able to use the HDMI port to watch movies in my TV. Some time ago, the HDMI output didn't work anymore. I guess some Win 10 update broke the driver or...
  9. Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles

Running a R9 270 and want to upgrade to play Doom and demanding titles: Hi everyone. I run an R9 270 while attempting to play Doom and even at low I still get 30 frames. After 3 years of the same graphics I think it's time to upgrade for the future. I'm trying to figure out what to upgrade to as the r9 is from AMD, would Nvidia be tough to...
  10. Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 Nitro: A couple of hours ago I installed a new driver they told me about. I decided to play FC2 and was going along when 'black screen' and sound locked. So I had to crash pc out of it, task manager said it wasn't there. I rebooted and some text came up - starting 'watch dog' and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to connect two monitors r9 380