Windows 10: how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

Discus and support how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JerryLambe, Aug 16, 2018.

1. how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

:)

JerryLambe, Aug 16, 2018

2. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Wordpad ? Notepad ++ ? Why like this ?

This.

Notepad is a ASCII editor (later versions also support Unicode) which was intended mostly for batch programming. Like most scripting languages, word wrapping is not appreciated. Because of this, Notepad naturally does not break a line unless it is ordered to do so by the ASCII line break or carriage return character. "Word wrapping" basically dictates to the program the line breaks and carriage returns are irrelevant to the context of the document.

Wordpad is a formatted document editor suited mostly for the rich-text format. Basically that means it can bold, italicize, underline, and change fonts and font sizes. ASCII, and by extension, Notepad, does not support formatting beyond program specifications (the files themselves do not contain any formatting information beyond the basics). Wordpad will force line breaks because Wordpad assumes the document isn't scripting; it assumes the document is for reading by human eyes.

If you are scripting (which it looks like you aren't) you should leave word wrapping off.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 16, 2018
  4. how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

1. how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad? - Similar Threads - character count using

2. how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?: HiI am using a window 11 and my notepad version is 11.2311.35.0 but it only shows the line and column. Does anyone know how should I enable the character counter?...
  3. how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?: HiI am using a window 11 and my notepad version is 11.2311.35.0 but it only shows the line and column. Does anyone know how should I enable the character counter?...
  4. Windows 11's Notepad is getting a character count on the status bar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Notepad is getting a character count on the status bar: Windows 11's Notepad is getting a couple of improvements. This includes a character count on the status bar, and a quick way to access it from Explorer. The plain text editor in Windows has been around for nearly 40 years, but Microsoft barely added any features to it until...
  5. How do I Check My Word Count in Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Check My Word Count in Wordpad?: At first, I started writing a document in Notepad, and I needed to have a 350 word report. However, I can't count it in Notepad, so is there a way for me to check my word count in Wordpad rather than Notepad?...
  6. How do I Check My Word Count in Wordpad?

How do I Check My Word Count in Wordpad?: At first, I started writing a document in Notepad, and I needed to have a 350 word report. However, I can't count it in Notepad, so is there a way for me to check my word count in Wordpad rather than Notepad?...
  7. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  8. "Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working

"Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working: In the Start menu drawer, the applications are not showing but, if I type the app name it shows the .exe file and tried opening then, I am not being able to open the Notepad and Wordpad. While opening the Notepad application it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad it...
  9. Notepad replaced by WordPad

Notepad replaced by WordPad: Hello, I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files. How I can get back the default Notepad? I searched about it in the windows but seems it's not installed. Appreciete your help....
  10. How do i get rid of notepad

How do i get rid of notepad: i need help getting rid of notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-do-i-get-rid-of-notepad/6275bd69-ae67-4313-8bac-e4e25fd6a0ba

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get help with notepad in windows 10 character count

2. help with wordpad in windows 10 word count

3. notepad in windows 10 character count

4. get help with notepad in windows 10 count,
  5. character count in notepad,
  6. help with wordpad in windows 10 character count,
  7. character count in notepad in windows 10,
  8. get help with notepad in windows 10 word count,
  9. character counter,
  10. get help with notepad in windows 10 count characters,
  11. wordpad character count,