Windows 10: How do I get a Win 7 Pro computer to display users on a Win 10 Pro com

Discus and support How do I get a Win 7 Pro computer to display users on a Win 10 Pro com in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I log onto a desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro and click on the icon for Windows Explorer/Networking my Windows 10 Pro notebook is shown,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KCav45, Aug 9, 2018.

1. KCav45 Win User

How do I get a Win 7 Pro computer to display users on a Win 10 Pro com

When I log onto a desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro and click on the icon for Windows Explorer/Networking my Windows 10 Pro notebook is shown, however the only User is Public.

The configuration on the Win 10 Pro notebook for Network and Sharing Center/Advance sharing is:
    1. Private profile has been selected and “turn on network discovery” is selected with automatic setup checked.
    2. All Networks, “Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the public folders” is checked.

By selecting these options the Win 10 Pro notebook became visible on the Win 7 notebook. What do I need to do to allow specific Users to share Folder/Files access on computers running Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro connected to the same Private network?

:)

KCav45, Aug 9, 2018

2. Wins 10 pro becoming wins 7 pro

I am using wins 10 pro, but during end user activation it shows wins 7 pro

Any suggestion?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

TingTracccey, Aug 9, 2018
  3. eidairaman1, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Yancyd66 Win User

Win 7 pro to Upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Long story. Several months ago upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro.
    Everything fine until BSOD a few days ago. After many hrs of trying to fix with no luck I decided to do clean install of win 7 again and then using Media Creation Tool downloaded and created what I thought was a Win 10 Pro ISO disk.
    Used disk and loaded win 10 to pc. Things again fine except have the “Activate Window” message and that’s when I discovered the ISO was Win 10 Home.
    Why didn’t the Media Creation Tool create a Win 10 Pro ISO and how do I now get the Win 10 Pro ISO.

Yancyd66, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get a Win 7 Pro computer to display users on a Win 10 Pro com - Similar Threads - Pro computer display

2. i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro: i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win-10-pro-do-i-get-win-11-pro/126e40fb-9845-42ff-9d47-cc04c456e4c4
  3. i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro: i have win 10 pro do i get win 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win-10-pro-do-i-get-win-11-pro/126e40fb-9845-42ff-9d47-cc04c456e4c4
  4. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  5. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  6. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  7. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  8. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Win 7 Pro to Win 10: Upgraded, appeared to be fine. Now printer doesn't print. Shows as default, but won't print...*Sad 10819