Windows 10: How do I get back to local account

Discus and support How do I get back to local account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a little confused here(which in not too unusual for me). I think that I somehow got the MS account and had to change my password. How do I get back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Frank1 Win User

How do I get back to local account

I'm a little confused here(which in not too unusual for me). I think that I somehow got the MS account and had to change my password. How do I get back to local account.

:)

Frank1, Nov 30, 2014

2. How do I get my local account back after the Nov window's 10 update?

Hi Owen,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows log key+R. Type netplwiz.
    • Check how many accounts are present on the system and if you find the local account then try to log in.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 30, 2014
  3. How do I get my local account back after the Nov window's 10 update?

Thank you, the netplwiz command was helpful in that it made me realize I still have a microsoft account (email login). After logging in under that account, I had some of my documents and bookmarks. Thank you!

However, I did not find, nor an I able to see or access the old local accounts, either a or b.

I am confused and concerned that my local logins would be deleted with no way to easily recover.

OwenFonorow, Nov 30, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 30, 2014
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Thanks, Shawn--that worked. Next time I see you, I'm buying the beer--or coffee whichever you prefer.

Frank1, Dec 1, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. That sounds like a good idea. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get back to local account - Similar Threads - local account

2. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  3. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  4. I know this has been asked but nothing is helping. Local or MS Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I know this has been asked but nothing is helping. Local or MS Account?: I have the lastest Win 11 update on a PC. I just did a Reset this PC and I cannot find anywhere, no where anyone suggests, to see if I can find if it restored me to a MS Account or Local. I originally wanted Local Account as it was before the Reset. I believe it's Reset me...
  5. I know this has been asked but nothing is helping. Local or MS Account?

I know this has been asked but nothing is helping. Local or MS Account?: I have the lastest Win 11 update on a PC. I just did a Reset this PC and I cannot find anywhere, no where anyone suggests, to see if I can find if it restored me to a MS Account or Local. I originally wanted Local Account as it was before the Reset. I believe it's Reset me...
  6. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

8. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  9. Local account user denied

Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  10. Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new feature wants you to create a Microsoft account; ditch local accounts: If you’ve successfully set up your PC with a local account, a new Windows 10 feature will nag you to create a Microsoft account. This feature will be turned on by default in Windows 10’s May 2024 Patch Tuesday, which will begin rolling out to the general public and IT admins...