Windows 10: How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule?

Discus and support How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Installed a week ago. Set to run at 01:00 local time. Hasn't made a scheduled run yet. [img] [img] Top shot is what I set it for yesterday... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Apr 23, 2017.

1. How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule?

Installed a week ago. Set to run at 01:00 local time. Hasn't made a scheduled run yet.

How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule? [​IMG]

Top shot is what I set it for yesterday afternoon. Second shot shows no report for this morning. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanx.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Apr 23, 2017
  2. John582n Win User

How do I run Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender both in real time?

Malwarebytes Settings > Application - scroll down to Windows Action Centre and select "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action centre"

John582n, Apr 23, 2017
  3. mfoytek2 Win User
    How do I run Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender both in real time?

I've had the exact problem. So how do we fix it, you never said.

mfoytek2, Apr 23, 2017
  4. How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule?

Caledon Ken, Apr 23, 2017
  5. Thanks for the post. Apparently that link is for the "Business" version. I've just got the "Home" Premium version and I can't find those options anywhere in the Settings Tab. I'm still trying to find why it's failing on this schedule.

Also beginning to question if I even really need the program. I'm not as adventurous as some about playing on the web.

6. Manigue Win User
    I have my settings exactly as yours but for weekly scans and it has been working since I installed it.

I changed my settings to "Daily/1 Day" like you have it but will need to wait until tomorrow for the results.

Manigue, Apr 23, 2017
  7. OK, I'm in. Changing mine to weekly starting tonight at 02:00 and see what happens in the morning. Does it wake your machine out of "Sleep" to run?

8. How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule?

Hey Clayton.

What comes up when you click Advanced, lower left corner of Settings page.

I would also open Task Scheduler. See if you have a MBAM task. It might even have a folder. Check settings for task. In particular under User tab check to run whether or not you are logged in with Highest privilege.

Under Condition tab, power section, Wake computer to run.

Caledon Ken, Apr 23, 2017
  9. The Advanced tab is open in that first shot. Those are the only options are the Scheduled Options.

No MBAM task that I could find. However there was a left-over Norton task that was still trying to run. Unsuccessfully! Now it's gone.

We'll see...

10. Manigue Win User
    No it won't wake it up. It will skip and re-schedule for the next following week. That is because I have the "Recover Missed Task" UNchecked in the "Schedule Scan Advance Options". Since I run it only weekly (except tomorrow), if I don't turn on the PC Sunday morning, I run it manually.

Manigue, Apr 24, 2017
  11. Manigue Win User
    Woke up PC at 08:00 this morning. MalwareBytes ran scheduled daily scan as programmed.

Manigue, Apr 24, 2017
  12. Glad yours is working. Mine, no go. Think I'm going to disable it for just manual use.

BTW, how many Mb of memory is yours using? I'm around 300 most of the time.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 24, 2017
  13. prikker Win User

How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule?

I had the same problem in the beginning, but then I chose weekly scan and that works okay:

@CWGilley: According to Process Explorer: Working set around 400, Private bytes around 370.

prikker, Apr 24, 2017
  14. Interesting. Thanks...

Wiley Coyote, Apr 24, 2017
  15. Manigue Win User
    That's about right. After a re-boot it drops to 275 but increases up to 365, then it randomly drops down again. If I see that the total computer memory usage is above 20% (8.5% MalwareBytes alone) then I re-boot and it all drops to 13% (5.0% MalwareBytes alone).

We both have 12Gb so I wonder how much is used by machines with 4Gb, 8Gb or 16Gb.

Manigue, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule?

1. How Do I get Malwarebytes To Run On Schedule? - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Run Schedule

2. I recently installed Malwarebytes after a BSOD and I keep getting this popup - How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently installed Malwarebytes after a BSOD and I keep getting this popup - How do I...: Hello, I recently got a BSOD after installing some files. After deleting these files and installing Malwarebyte, I removed 1 malware. Currently, I keep getting popups like this from Malwarebytes informing me of it blocking access to "monerooceans.stream" and that it is a...
  3. I recently installed Malwarebytes after a BSOD and I keep getting this popup - How do I...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I recently installed Malwarebytes after a BSOD and I keep getting this popup - How do I...: Hello, I recently got a BSOD after installing some files. After deleting these files and installing Malwarebyte, I removed 1 malware. Currently, I keep getting popups like this from Malwarebytes informing me of it blocking access to "monerooceans.stream" and that it is a...
  4. Did I get a fake malwarebytes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did I get a fake malwarebytes?: So, I just wanted to scan my device for malware or any viruses. I downloaded malwarebytes from the top list because I thought the official would of course be the top of the search list. I downloaded it from...
  5. Did I get a fake malwarebytes?

Did I get a fake malwarebytes?: So, I just wanted to scan my device for malware or any viruses. I downloaded malwarebytes from the top list because I thought the official would of course be the top of the search list. I downloaded it from...
  6. MalwareBytes scheduled scan editing bug

MalwareBytes scheduled scan editing bug: I am running MalwareBytes premium 4.1.2.73 (latest version). I am running it on Windows 10 Pro Ver 19040.450. MWB is running fine, but there is an irritating bug with the scheduled scan editor. I find it very clunky, in that if you want to change the frequency or times of a...
  7. How to get Malwarebytes

How to get Malwarebytes: Split from this thread. how do I get the malware bytes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-get-malwarebytes/0c3e4d5e-3880-4d6b-892e-ca5618d75b78
  8. How do I schedule an APP

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I schedule an APP: I am trying to schedule the Grover Podcast App to run once a week on Windows 10. In the Task Scheduler it asks me for the location of the task that I want to schedule. But I can not find a path to the App. When I just enter "Grover", it seems to schedule it, that is, it...
  9. How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Malwarebytes Automated Scheduling will not remove schedule

Malwarebytes Automated Scheduling will not remove schedule: I have Malwarebytes version 2.1.8.1057 (Free) installed on 2 Win 10 machines. Automated Scheduling has two entries, Check for Updates and Threat Scan. The former Repeats once every hour and the latter Repeats once ever day. This combination causes repeated appearance on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use task scheduler to run malwarebytes version 3 scan