Windows 10: How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?

Discus and support How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 installed (Acer Aspire E5-573G) and I would like to change the way the touchpad taps work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClamN, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ClamN Win User

How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?

So I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 installed (Acer Aspire E5-573G) and I would like to change the way the touchpad taps work. Specifically, I would like a middle click from a three finger tap. It's an ELAN touchpad, if that makes any difference, and I have installed the latest drivers.

Everything I looked up on google said to either use some program from ELAN, or to edit the registry. There currently is no program installed on here from ELAN, and all the google results I could conjure up while looking for a download for the program are people wanting to get rid of it. The only thing in my programs and features from ELAN is what I believe is the driver - "ELAN HIDI2C Filter Driver X64 13.6.3.1_WHQL"

The suggested registry edit also isn't available for me. That is to say, the path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Elantech" does not exist.

I'm not sure what the correct way I should be going about this is. Everything else regarding the touchpad works as intended, but I have no way of customizing it beyond the settings in windows. And since I have zero interest in having Cortana or action center being on my computer let alone as mouse commands, those settings are completely worthless to me.

:)

ClamN, Jan 3, 2016

2. How to get three finger tap to middle click on touchpad

Hi Clam,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wanted to get three finger tap to middle click on Touchpad. I suggest you to contact the Acer Support for further help using the below link.

Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Clam_N Win User
    How to get three finger tap to middle click on touchpad

So I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 installed (Acer Aspire E5-573G) and I would like to change the way the touchpad taps work. Specifically, I would like a middle click from a two or three finger tap. It's an ELAN touchpad, if that makes
    any difference.

Everything I looked up on google said to either use some program from ELAN, or to edit the registry. There currently is no program installed on here from ELAN, and all the google results I could conjure up while looking for a download for the program are
    people wanting to get rid of it.

The suggested registry edit also isn't available for me. That is to say, the path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Elantech" does not exist.

I'm not sure what the correct way I should be going about this is.

Clam_N, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?

1. How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad? - Similar Threads - middle click via

2. How can I change Touchpad two finger tap function?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change Touchpad two finger tap function?: I have Windows 11, and I am not sure that is possible. I turned off right-click function and I want to use a two-finger tap as a mouse wheel tap. The touchpad is very annoying when I don't have this function. With this mouse wheel tap, it doesn't matter which browser, I can...
  3. Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click: Hi,I have been using two finger tap for middle click for a while with elantech drivers on other PCs but here it isn't available. It wasn't over there either but there was a way to modify settings in regedit. Now, I found the folder for the precision driver in regedit but it...
  4. Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click: Hi,I have been using two finger tap for middle click for a while with elantech drivers on other PCs but here it isn't available. It wasn't over there either but there was a way to modify settings in regedit. Now, I found the folder for the precision driver in regedit but it...
  5. Three Finger Touchpad Function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Three Finger Touchpad Function: Hello, I've just downloaded windows 10. Before this download, when I used the 3 finger function it would only show 1 app for the internet browser I was using, regardless of how many tabs I had opened. Now, when I use the function it displays all of the tabs I have opened...
  6. Change 2 finger tap to middle mouse button (Synaptics Precision touchpad) via regedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change 2 finger tap to middle mouse button (Synaptics Precision touchpad) via regedit: I recently bought a new Laptop (HP Envy x360, Intel i5 10th gen.) with a synaptics precision touchpad. I just wanted to change 2 finger tap to middle mouse button. In in the win10 settings i can only choose to set 2fingertap to right click: yes or no. On my old laptop i had...
  7. How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?: I have found a ton of information online, but most of it seems outdated since it doesn't apply to me or my situation. To be honest, after researching this topic in the past, I was able to disable it, but...I had forgotten how to now. If someone would be so kind to assist...
  8. Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click: Hello, I've recently changed OS from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and been trying to customize a two-finger tap assign middle-click to it, but so far I wasn't able find a way for that. That would be logical since two-finger swipe is used for scroll "rotate mouse wheel", therefore...
  9. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  10. How do I change the 3-finger-tap action on my touchpad from Cortana to middle mouse button?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the 3-finger-tap action on my touchpad from Cortana to middle mouse button?: Hello, I would like to be able to tap with three fingers to emulate a middle mouse button click (e.g. to open links in a new tap). Unfortunately, it opens Cortana instead, which I very much don't want. This used to work until I updated to the 1809 update today. Device:...