Windows 10: How do I get my pictures off of the full onedrive to my hard drive?

Discus and support How do I get my pictures off of the full onedrive to my hard drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my new computer I loaded my pictures. Now it says onedrive is full. I have a terabyte of hard drive. How do I get them to my hard drive? I was on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatriciaLazzari1, Aug 23, 2018.

1. How do I get my pictures off of the full onedrive to my hard drive?

On my new computer I loaded my pictures. Now it says onedrive is full. I have a terabyte of hard drive. How do I get them to my hard drive? I was on the phone with Microsoft and the rep took me around in circles for an hour. I have been trying to resolve this for several hours. Anytime I try to do the steps from answers on forums I cna't seem to do it right. There is always a drop down box that doesn't have what I'm told to click. Where do I find the prompt to be able to do stuff off line. Please help me.

:)

PatriciaLazzari1, Aug 23, 2018
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 23, 2018
  4. How do I get my pictures off of the full onedrive to my hard drive?

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

How do I get my pictures off of the full onedrive to my hard drive?

1. How do I get my pictures off of the full onedrive to my hard drive? - Similar Threads - pictures off full

2. How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???: I have uninstalled OneDrive from Win10. Multiple times. Andi it keeps coming back, like a persistent STD, How do I get it the heck off my OS forever and ever???I NEVER want it to reinstall. Not in 10 minutes, not in 10 yearn.Why do you keep reinstalling stuff that I...
  3. How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???: I have uninstalled OneDrive from Win10. Multiple times. Andi it keeps coming back, like a persistent STD, How do I get it the heck off my OS forever and ever???I NEVER want it to reinstall. Not in 10 minutes, not in 10 yearn.Why do you keep reinstalling stuff that I...
  4. How do I get OneDrive off my OS forever and FOREVER !!! ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is my hard drive full??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hard drive full??: My hard drive is showing full but I only have minimal apps downloaded. When I look at my storage breakdown it says I have 82gb of apps and features downloaded. What is listed doesn't equal 10gb much less 80. Where is all my memory at?? Thanks in advance....
  6. Why is my hard drive full??

Why is my hard drive full??: My hard drive is showing full but I only have minimal apps downloaded. When I look at my storage breakdown it says I have 82gb of apps and features downloaded. What is listed doesn't equal 10gb much less 80. Where is all my memory at?? Thanks in advance....
  7. Why is my hard drive full??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. how do i move pictures in onedrive to my pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i move pictures in onedrive to my pc?: how do i move pictures from OneDrive to a file folder structure on my pc under pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-pictures-in-onedrive-to-my-pc/1c4fca09-e71f-4120-8490-625b5a8ebd33
  9. my hard drive said full

my hard drive said full: the hard drive said full. said to delete apps ,so I did .now nothing opens FILES .WHAT COMES UP IS CAN NOT FINE FILES .?WHAT DO I DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-said-full/94016524-5edc-48ab-bc91-99c782c86a8b
  10. I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures: I bought a new laptop with windows 10. I recently backed up my photos from my old computer and want to put them on my new computer. It keeps saying access denied. I know its not the hard drive because everything else works except the photos. I need help....