Windows 10: How do I get rid of browser choice pop up?

Discus and support How do I get rid of browser choice pop up? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Clicking on "always use this app" does not work. 68494 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bboma, Oct 30, 2016.

1. bboma Win User

How do I get rid of browser choice pop up?

Clicking on "always use this app" does not work.

:)

bboma, Oct 30, 2016

2. how do I get rid of pop up ads

They are popping up on my 3rd floor spider game site that came with windows 10 1"X6" pop upp on right side of screen frrezing the page when they are changing the ad

DeborahAuran, Oct 30, 2016
  3. How do I get rid of Pop ups?

* Original title: Pop Ups

I have pop ups and the pop up on Edge is on. How do I get rid of them?

RobertPerszyk, Oct 30, 2016
  4. msny Win User

Id like to know also, its broken for me too.

5. Try to use the old control panel default apps menu, if the new ones fail. It worked for me.

TairikuOkami, Oct 30, 2016
  6. bboma Win User
    I've tried that many times and it does not work, however I might add that I am trying to set IE11 as the default browser.

bboma, Oct 30, 2016
  7. Did you try setting it as default in Settings > System > Default App?

alphanumeric, Oct 30, 2016
  8. bboma Win User

Yes I have also tried that - still no luck.

bboma, Oct 30, 2016
  9. It won't save there for me, until I have launched IE at least once. It sounds like most in this thread have launched IE several times though. There was another program/APP in that list that did the same thing, Media Player I think. It just wouldn't let me save as default until I used it at least once. Likely due to the first time use setup menu/popup. Wish I could be more help but that's all I have at the moment.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get rid of browser choice pop up? - Similar Threads - rid browser choice

2. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  3. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  4. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  5. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  6. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  7. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  8. How to get rid of pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of pop ups: Why do I keep getting the pop up, Saying call a certain number from Microsoft, and I know its not.. How do I get rid of these popups. 63170
  9. Browser choice pop up

in Browsers and Email
    Browser choice pop up: How can I prevent this from popping up every time I click on a link in my email? I always check to "Always use this app" but it does not work. 42295
  10. How to get rid of pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of pop ups: I keep getting popups from suppose to be from Microsoft. We all that isn't really Microsoft. They say call the certain number and, they want money to fix the problems. How do I get rid of these popups? 63171