Windows 10: How do i get rid of extra column in Folders

Discus and support How do i get rid of extra column in Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; can someone please advise how I can get rid of this [img] 22418 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by majnoon53, Sep 12, 2015.

1. majnoon53 Win User

How do i get rid of extra column in Folders

can someone please advise how I can get rid of this
    How do i get rid of extra column in Folders [​IMG]

:)

majnoon53, Sep 12, 2015

2. extra column in folders

in windows 10 when I open my folder containing pictures I now have an extra column to the right of the folder which shows another

folder saying available offline, how can I get rid of this please, its really annoying me

andrewhutton, Sep 12, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    how do i get rid of the extra layer of tab pictures taking up screen space now? A title is enough, i need as much screen as possible due to vision problems

To properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface. Make

2. OS type, Home, Pro, Executive, etc

3. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXX

4. Where is this happening on the computer, Boot, Screen, App, etc

5. What error are you getting if any?

lacrumb, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Phone Man Win User

Click on View and then Add Columns and remove the check mark.

How do i get rid of extra column in Folders [​IMG]

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Sep 12, 2015
  5. majnoon53 Win User
    there is no check mark against add columns it is not highlighted in any way

majnoon53, Sep 12, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    You have to go a bit further. Click 'Add columns', move down the drop-down list, click 'Choose columns' and untick what you don't want.

dalchina, Sep 12, 2015
  7. majnoon53 Win User
    there is nothing ticked or hightlighted in choose columns

majnoon53, Sep 12, 2015
  8. Phone Man Win User

Click on Details and then you can use Add Columns.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Sep 12, 2015
  9. majnoon53 Win User
    I don't wish to add columns, I need to get rid of it

majnoon53, Sep 12, 2015
  10. Phone Man Win User
    Add Columns is where columns are added or deleted. The columns with a check mark are the ones that are showing. Remove the check mark and the column will be deleted. Clicking on the item will toggle it on or off.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Sep 12, 2015
  11. majnoon53 Win User
    as I said before nothing is ticked or highlighted

majnoon53, Sep 12, 2015
  12. majnoon53 Win User
    if you like I can post a screen shot and you will see nothing is ticked or highlighted

majnoon53, Sep 12, 2015
  13. Phone Man Win User

Try Right Click on the column header (TYPE) and see what it shows.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Sep 12, 2015
  14. majnoon53 Win User
    not sure what you mean

majnoon53, Sep 12, 2015
  15. Phone Man Win User
    From your first post right click Type where you show it highlighted.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

1. How do i get rid of extra column in Folders - Similar Threads - rid extra column

2. How do I get rid of these folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of these folders?: This is Windows 11 problem. OneDrive is showing multiple folders that will not let me get rid of them. When I click to open, if shows an error that the folder isn't there anymore. How do I get rid of these folders?...
  3. How do I get rid of these folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of these folders?: This is Windows 11 problem. OneDrive is showing multiple folders that will not let me get rid of them. When I click to open, if shows an error that the folder isn't there anymore. How do I get rid of these folders?...
  4. How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?: This extra keyboard layout keeps coming back however many times I delete it.As you can see in the screenshot, I have 3 languages installed EN, PT and GE. For some unknown reason, the EN keyboard keeps doubling up and downloading an extra layout. If I remove the...
  5. How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?

How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?: This extra keyboard layout keeps coming back however many times I delete it.As you can see in the screenshot, I have 3 languages installed EN, PT and GE. For some unknown reason, the EN keyboard keeps doubling up and downloading an extra layout. If I remove the...
  6. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of this?: Hey, I recently noticed that my computer Lenovo Windows 10 is suggesting words and finishing sentences while I'm typing. Although I was dealing with it at first, it's quickly getting on my nerves. I've included a screenshot. Please, how do I turn this off...
  7. how do i get rid of this

how do i get rid of this: How do I get rid of this propaganda? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f7848304-366d-4095-a664-f3c1f73ba314
  8. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquishyOreos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g99agt/how_do_i_get_rid_of_that/
  9. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  10. How do i get rid of these extra "Password" logins?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i get rid of these extra "Password" logins?: This is my home computer. I just upgraded to Windows 10 (Home). At my login screen I see all my family's login names (as I should) but I also see 6 logins labeled "Password". It seems that each "Password" login is associated with an individual user. So if I select one of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of columns in windows folders