Windows 10: how do i get rid of other users on my Windows 10 home PC

Discus and support how do i get rid of other users on my Windows 10 home PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i noticed there is more than 1 person on this PC which i am concerned that someone may have gained access to my PC with some unfamiliar accounts that i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by msdragonfan, Mar 23, 2018.

1. how do i get rid of other users on my Windows 10 home PC

i noticed there is more than 1 person on this PC which i am concerned that someone may have gained access to my PC with some unfamiliar accounts that i don't technically recognize like for example

my DragonsProphet Folder has these users on it
    All Application Packages
    All Restricted Application Packages
    Creator Owner
    Owner Rights
    System
    TrustedInstaller
    Users
    Admins including myself

Attachment 182241

:)

msdragonfan, Mar 23, 2018
  2. mac1-131 Win User

HOW DO I GET RID OF WINDOWS 10 ON MY MACHINE

No, the option you are looking at means to not preserve your programs and files and continue with the Windows 10 install. It does not mean get rid of Windows 10.

The proper way to revert back from a failed upgrade that won't even boot up is to use your Windows 7 reinstallation media, be it a DVD, flash drive or recovery partition.

Most of the time a failed upgrade will revert itself to the previous OS, but not always.

So I think your best bet is to use your Windows 7 DVD to reinstall the previous OS.

You might want to try the upgrade one more time after doing a fresh Windows 7 install, sometimes that helps. You can create a Windows 10 DVD with the media creation tool. Then do a fresh Windows 7 install, make sure it is activated, then run setup.exe
    from the Windows 10 DVD from within Windows 7.

If it fails a second time, then it isn't going to work and reinstall Windows 7 one more time and you are done.

Hope that helps.

mac1-131, Mar 23, 2018
  3. dozrguy Win User
    HOW DO I GET RID OF WINDOWS 10 ON MY MACHINE

my test machine is ALMOST 7 years old and runs Win10 fine.

some Win8.1 hardware drivers work in win10

your 4yr old machine will run win10

dozrguy, Mar 23, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

how do i get rid of other users on my Windows 10 home PC

All the others are standard Windows accounts (eg. TrustedInstaller, SYSTEM) or user groups (eg. Administrators). They are normal and necessary for the system to function.

5. i wasn't sure because as far as i know i claimed ownership of it but how can that be possible i only use my Admin account to login but i don't see why standard accounts have to be on the system if i am the only user on it

msdragonfan, Mar 23, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    As administrator there are a lot of things you can't do as they are owned system that is so you can't mess up the system

Samuria, Mar 24, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    SYSTEM is the sign-in credential used by Windows to run most of the processes that keep your PC working. Just look in Task Manager on the Details tab and you'll see what I mean. TrustedInstaller is specifically used for all software installs and updates (for Windows itself or any software you install). These and others are built-in accounts, are present in all Windows systems, and cannot be deleted. Windows cannot work without them.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how do i get rid of other users on my Windows 10 home PC

1. how do i get rid of other users on my Windows 10 home PC - Similar Threads - rid users home

2. How do I get rid of Home and Gallery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Home and Gallery?: I do not want Home and Gallery to be there. Whenever I download, open, upload, print, etc., I prefer it goes directly to the Desktop, not to Home or Gallery, so I can find the file more quickly with less clicking....
  3. How do I get rid of Home and Gallery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Home and Gallery?: I do not want Home and Gallery to be there. Whenever I download, open, upload, print, etc., I prefer it goes directly to the Desktop, not to Home or Gallery, so I can find the file more quickly with less clicking....
  4. how do I find the other user account on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find the other user account on my PC: I have a new business optiplex computer that is set up for work. I created a new user for personal use with a separate Microsoft account and when I logged in to the personal user account the main work user disappeared. I was unable to get the user to show up on the home...
  5. how do I find the other user account on my PC

how do I find the other user account on my PC: I have a new business optiplex computer that is set up for work. I created a new user for personal use with a separate Microsoft account and when I logged in to the personal user account the main work user disappeared. I was unable to get the user to show up on the home...
  6. how do i get rid of this

how do i get rid of this: How do I get rid of this propaganda? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f7848304-366d-4095-a664-f3c1f73ba314
  7. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquishyOreos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g99agt/how_do_i_get_rid_of_that/
  8. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  9. how do i get rid of supremo.exe on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i get rid of supremo.exe on my windows 10: how do I get rid of supremo.exe file on a windows 10 computer that doesn't show how to get to exe files * Moved from Health & Band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-supremoexe-on-my-windows-10/14bd2e96-4ef4-4917-9b97-bba4fff759c7"
  10. How do I get rid of sun glare on my PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of sun glare on my PC?: Sorry if this is the wrong website! Because I cannot find any answers on this! But when I look at a picture like in the picture app it shows my face everytime there is black on the screen and yes I hate it!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of other user windows 10

2. get rid of other user windows 10

3. getting rid of another user

4. how to get rid of other account in this pc,
  5. how do i get rid of other user,
  6. there is another user on this computer that I would like to get rid up but somehow I cannot do any maintaince on this computer. How can i get rid of it and make myself the administrator?,
  7. how to get rid of users in windows 10,
  8. how to get rid of the other user on the pc,
  9. win 10 how to get rid of an account on my pc,
  10. how to get rid of other users on a pc,
  11. how to get rid of other interent users in my list