Windows 10: how do i get rid of recent files list on windows 10

Discus and support how do i get rid of recent files list on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; if i click file explorer right under frequent folders there is a recent files list this is a privacy issue is there a way that it wont show a list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musky, Jul 29, 2015.

1. musky Win User

how do i get rid of recent files list on windows 10

if i click file explorer right under frequent folders there is a recent files list this is a privacy issue is there a way that it wont show a list of recent files.

:)

musky, Jul 29, 2015
  2. AllenMoss Win User

Windows 10 prompt "How Do You Want To Open This File"

I recently changed to windows 10. I'm always getting a window that ask How Do You Want To Open This File. How do I get rid of that?

Original Title: Windows 10

AllenMoss, Jul 29, 2015
  3. how do i get rid of 1709 update?

After 1709 update lost bookmarks and browsers.

RobertSpanley, Jul 29, 2015
  4. cyberSAR Win User

Check File Explorer Options under privacy options.

cyberSAR, Jul 29, 2015
  5. musky Win User
    i dont see a tab for this.

musky, Jul 30, 2015
  6. cyberSAR Win User
    Control Panel > File Explorer Options

On the General Tab at the bottom should be a Privacy section with 2 check boxes "Show recently used files in Quick Access" and "Show frequently used folders in Quick access"

cyberSAR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i get rid of recent files list on windows 10 - Similar Threads - rid recent files

2. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of this?: Hey, I recently noticed that my computer Lenovo Windows 10 is suggesting words and finishing sentences while I'm typing. Although I was dealing with it at first, it's quickly getting on my nerves. I've included a screenshot. Please, how do I turn this off...
  3. How do I get rid of DropBox files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of DropBox files: I created a DropBox account to backup my files and instead discovered that my Document files, my Pictures, and my Videos were all missing. I finally found out how to get back my Document files, half of my Videos, but none of my pictures. The Picture files will show up in...
  4. How do I get rid of DropBox files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of DropBox files: I created a DropBox account to backup my files and instead discovered that my Document files, my Pictures, and my Videos were all missing. I finally found out how to get back my Document files, half of my Videos, but none of my pictures. The Picture files will show up in...
  5. How do I get rid of DropBox files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how do i get rid of this

how do i get rid of this: How do I get rid of this propaganda? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f7848304-366d-4095-a664-f3c1f73ba314
  7. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquishyOreos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g99agt/how_do_i_get_rid_of_that/
  8. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  9. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ? UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there...
  10. How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?: I've pinned my File Explorer to my taskbar and I have a lot of quick-access links pinned to it. [img] Because of that, I only get one item of my recently opened folders and files. Is there a way to expand the list of the recent files in that taskbar File Explorer?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 get rid of recent activities

2. how do I get rid of a recent download

3. how do i get rid of recent files windows 10