Windows 10: How do I get round error message 1628 whilst trying to install microsoft flight sim in...

Discus and support How do I get round error message 1628 whilst trying to install microsoft flight sim in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I get round error message 1628 whilst trying to install microsoft flight sim in windows 10 0n my dell laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StephenSykes1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. How do I get round error message 1628 whilst trying to install microsoft flight sim in...

How do I get round error message 1628 whilst trying to install microsoft flight sim in windows 10 0n my dell laptop?

:)

StephenSykes1, Aug 4, 2018

2. Flight Simulator installation Error 1628: Failed to complete Installation

I follow every step as you ask but I’m still getting the 1628 error for flight simulator Deluxe Edition

bebesarahGHAZAL, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Cannot Reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition. Error 1628: Failed to complete installation.

Hello,

Today I uninstalled Flight Sim in the hope of reinstalling in to get it running a little smoother but I can't reinstall it. I've trolled through various answers on here but cannot seem to get these solutions to work for me.

I started by uninstalling the program through the control panel. Then, I went into the Microsoft Games folder through the Program Files and deleted a Microsoft Flight Sim folder there as well. Each time I try to reinstall now, a message pops up saying something
    along the lines of: 1628: Failed to complete installation.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Wally.

Wally Stegemann, Aug 4, 2018
  4. How do I get round error message 1628 whilst trying to install microsoft flight sim in...

error 1628 on MS flight sim X, Windows 10.

I am now having the same Error 1628 - Failure to install on disc 1 of Flight Simulator X Deluxe Version.

After I installed Windows 10 from Windows 7 for the first time FSX came over but was running with some bugs which I eventually worked out.

It then ran fine for a month or so. I then noticed Windows 10 was no longer updating, windows 10 or Defender? I decided to "reset (or refresh) windows 10. (You keep all your files but have to reinstall all programs). Office installed properly but FSX will
    not on install due to the 1628 error.

I have been researching and it has been suggested to do a "clean boot" on Windows 10. Have you tried this or have you came up with any solutions?

Thanks for your help.

KenHardingne, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I get round error message 1628 whilst trying to install microsoft flight sim in...

1. How do I get round error message 1628 whilst trying to install microsoft flight sim in... - Similar Threads - round error message

2. Microsoft Flight sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight sim: Hello, I recently downloaded and installed M\F/S 2021 Standed edition, on my windows 10 pc . I have had no problems using the flight sim through the Monitor but i have just purchased an Meta Oculus quest 2 VR Headset and i am unable to use it in VR Mode in M/F/S . This is...
  3. Error: 0x803FB107 on Microsoft store while trying to install Microsoft flight sim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: 0x803FB107 on Microsoft store while trying to install Microsoft flight sim: As I was recently trying to install Microsoft flight sim it was giving me the error code: 0x803FB107 on the Microsoft store, I'm not sure any reason why this would be happening. I did just bought a new external hard drive I'm not sure if that would make a difference....
  4. Microsoft flight Sim. error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft flight Sim. error: SO, I have a 2020 macbook pro. I got windows to download and run off of an external hard drive. I first had difficulties downloading and installing MFS through the microsoft store. So i downloaded steam and downloaded it off of that. But every time I try to run it I get a...
  5. microsoft flight sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft flight sim: need support buying installing flight simulator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flight-sim/f65d7717-0695-4364-966a-9125db72e1fb
  6. Microsoft Flight Sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Sim: Holy cow, Did I just buy a flight sim for over 100 dollars tht does not come with a Manual on how to fly or even how to use the product Microsoft sold me. This is seriously bad. Microsoft you need to be giving me some money back. Yep gonna be needing a reply to this>...
  7. Microsoft flight sim 2020 not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft flight sim 2020 not installing: So recently i went to download flight sim 2020 on my pc after getting repaired but when i click install and select a drive to install it nothing happens ??. I'm on windows 10 version 2004 and my specs are below EVGA FTW3 1080 TI Hybrid I9 9900K 32GB DDR4 CORSAIR HX1000i...
  8. Microsoft Flight Sim. Download Error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Flight Sim. Download Error: So i bought the MS FS 2020 in the Boxed/DvD Version, i put the DvDs in in order,installed all of them correctly. Now i have a 93.7GB Folder on my HDD. Now i want to download the rest of the game from the MS Store. Activated my Game Standart Edition of the Flight Sim and...
  9. error message 1628

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message 1628: what does error message 1628 mean? Flt Sim X won't install because of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-1628/7f610532-4932-41df-83d7-6a300ff308ac
  10. Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator: Have used Paralles to get Windows 10 on my Imac so that I could then install all my Flight Sim X files. Only get part way when the 1628 code comes up. I cannot bring up the idrive.exe and msiexec.exe files to end the process as suggested as in step 3 of suggested fixes. I...