Windows 10: How do I get Snipping Tool to stay where I put it?

Discus and support How do I get Snipping Tool to stay where I put it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there an option somewhere to tell/force the Snipping Tool to live on my screen where I put it and to NOT overlay over the spot I just snipped? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IMarvinTPA, Jul 16, 2018.

1. How do I get Snipping Tool to stay where I put it?

Is there an option somewhere to tell/force the Snipping Tool to live on my screen where I put it and to NOT overlay over the spot I just snipped?

I get very tired of moving it out of the way and get the "New" button somewhere that I can easily press it for the next shot I need to take.

Thanks,

IMarv

:)

IMarvinTPA, Jul 16, 2018

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jul 16, 2018
  3. snipping tool

In Win10 type Snip into the search box in your primary monitor toolbar. Snipping Tool will show up at the top of the list.

Steve Paltridge, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

How do I get Snipping Tool to stay where I put it?

Snipping Tool Properties in Windows 10

Hi Missy,

The easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen by using the Snipping Tool. You can use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes. To access the Properties and set a shortcut key for the Snipping Tool, you
    can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Snipping Tool.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool
      result, and click Open file location.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool shortcut, and click
      Properties

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

How do I get Snipping Tool to stay where I put it?

1. How do I get Snipping Tool to stay where I put it? - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool stay

2. Where do I find the Snipping Tool not Snip & Sketch in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I find the Snipping Tool not Snip & Sketch in Windows 11?: I'm actually posting both the question and the answer because all previous threads are locked.For my work PC with limited access to various system folders, here's what worked for me.Click on Start menu icon in lower left corner of taskbar area and type in Snipping Tool:t:You...
  3. Where do I find the Snipping Tool not Snip & Sketch in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find the Snipping Tool not Snip & Sketch in Windows 11?: I'm actually posting both the question and the answer because all previous threads are locked.For my work PC with limited access to various system folders, here's what worked for me.Click on Start menu icon in lower left corner of taskbar area and type in Snipping Tool:t:You...
  4. how do i get a video i recorded back in snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get a video i recorded back in snipping tool?: i did not press the bin icon, i had the screen where you can watch it back open, but i accidentally closed it, how do i get it back, answers only please, i would do anything to get it back, it was 45 minutes worth of content...
  5. how do i get a video i recorded back in snipping tool?

how do i get a video i recorded back in snipping tool?: i did not press the bin icon, i had the screen where you can watch it back open, but i accidentally closed it, how do i get it back, answers only please, i would do anything to get it back, it was 45 minutes worth of content...
  6. How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?

How do I get rid of Windows 11 snipping tool?: New Win11 user here. If I'm understanding correctly, the new snipping tool is controlled using the Print Scrn button. Problem is, I have a third party app that I'd rather use for snipping, and Windows' default is overriding my commands, outputs, and settings. I've tried...
  7. How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool

How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool: HelloThe new version of snipping tool is absolutely terrible. How do i get the old version for my windows 11Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-old-version-of-snipping-tool/9383263b-51de-475d-8c53-3eb905a19ea2
  8. How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the OLD version of snipping tool: HelloThe new version of snipping tool is absolutely terrible. How do i get the old version for my windows 11Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-old-version-of-snipping-tool/9383263b-51de-475d-8c53-3eb905a19ea2
  9. How do I disable the Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the Snipping Tool: So I recently discovered that I actually like snip and sketch over the old snipping tool. Problem is the snipping tool always pops up first in search when I type snip. Anyone know how to just remove the old Snipping tool from search results? Yes I know there are more...
  10. I don't have Snipping Tool--how do I get it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't have Snipping Tool--how do I get it?: I'm trying to find the Snipping Tool. It's supposed to be found under "Windows Accesories," but it's no there. When I type "snipping tool" into Cortana, all I get is "see web resulrs," and no desktop app is listed. What am I missing?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i get the snipping tool to stay open

2. snipping tool stay in position

3. snipping tool how to keep a straight line

4. windows snipping tool stay on screen,
  5. snipping tool selection wont stay,
  6. how to get snipping tool to stay open,
  7. snipping tool windows where does it stay,
  8. how to get snipping tool to stay on top