Windows 10: How do I get the Anniversary Update??

Discus and support How do I get the Anniversary Update?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The whole saga about the Anniversary Update has me very confused. How can I determine if I have the update, and if I don't have it how do I get it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hairy Scot, Apr 23, 2017.

1. How do I get the Anniversary Update??

The whole saga about the Anniversary Update has me very confused.
    How can I determine if I have the update, and if I don't have it how do I get it?

:)

Hairy Scot, Apr 23, 2017

2. I can't install KB3035583; how do I get the "Get Windows 10" icon in my desktop tray?

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

Please be aware even if you do not get the Windows 10 app, you can still download Windows 10 as a .ISO file, create a bootable copy and upgrade your system.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

• [*]Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)

[*]After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:

• schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
    Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the above does not work, try uninstalling both updates:

Press Windows key + X (for Windows 7 click Start, type: cmd then right click
    cmd and click Run as administrator)

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

At the command prompt, enter the following commands:

wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583

wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664

Exit the command prompt, restart and run Windows Update again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I
    want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, but I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

Backup your computer:

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How
    to manually backup and restore your files

How to: 10 Tips before
    installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things
    to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your
    free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 23, 2017
  3. I can't install KB3035583; how do I get the "Get Windows 10" icon in my desktop tray?

Dear Andre:

Thank you for reminding me that the ISO download will be available after July 29th. I was so focused on the "Get Windows 10 icon" I forgot that.

I checked Windows Update and while KB3035583 was not installed KB2952664 is there on the list. This machine does have some quirks of its own.
    I'm going to follow your suggestions and hopefully I'll be able to download the W10 ISO after July 29th.

Thank you for your help.

firstcoyote, Apr 23, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

How do I get the Anniversary Update??

click windows + R keys simultaneously and enter winver. On the pop up view you windows version and build. The latest is windows 1703 build 15063.138. The creator's update or version 1703 became available to everyone via windows updates on 4/11/2017. You can go to windows update and update now. Alternatively you can go to a Microsoft web site to get the update: Download Windows 10.

zbook, Apr 23, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    That is incorrect. Microsoft began a phased rollout of Creator's Update on 4/11/2017 via Windows Update. It is not available to everyone on Windows Update yet and some people won't be able to go to Windows Update and update now for possibly months from now.

Since you asked about the Anniversary Update, and not the Creator's Update, you want to look for version 1607 and the 14393.xxx build series in winver. Version 1607 and a build number starting with 14393 is the Anniversary Update. The only way to get the Anniversary Update now that the Creator's Update has been released is to download an older ISO file of it and the easy way to do that is this tool:
    Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Using their tool, you want Windows 10 - Redstone 1 - July 2016.

To update your current Windows 10 to the Anniversary Update (if it isn't there), mount the ISO file and run setup.exe from the mounted ISO file.

NavyLCDR, Apr 23, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    There is another way without using a 3rd-party tool (although that one is safe, it does download direct from Microsoft). It's slightly more complicated, but you can use method one here...
    How to Download Creators Update ISO via MS w/o Media Creation Tool
    ...to make IE or Edge pretend to be a 'non-windows' browser. Then https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 will redirect you to a page where you can download an .iso of your choice, including the Anniversary Update.

7. Berton Win User
    Just to add, I did the MCT/Media Creation Tool thingy on Thursday to download the .iso and created the DVD. It installed Version 1607 Build 14393.447 then it updated to Version 1607 Build 14393.1066.

Berton, Apr 23, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

If you still have an old copy of the MCT it will still download the .iso it was created for. I have a collection of them and used an original one to make a 10240 .iso last month. If you download the MCT today it makes a Creators Update .iso.

9. After navigating through a few links I managed to get the update and I am now at 1703.

Hairy Scot, Apr 24, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    I though you wanted the Anniversary Update?!?

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get the Anniversary Update?? - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update

2. After Windows 10 Anniversary Update can't read USB drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update can't read USB drives: After Windows 10 Anniversary Update can't read USB drives the update was done on 30th Aug 2019. now my note book cant read USB drive Please solve my problem...
  3. Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  4. Till this day I can not set my resolution to 1920x1080 after the Anniversary update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Till this day I can not set my resolution to 1920x1080 after the Anniversary update.: So after updating Windows past an old build I was using (think it was 1511) my monitor defaults to 1600x1200 for no apparent reason, when it's a 1080p monitor, nothing helped, not driver updates, not windows updates, nothing, I've read tons of posts regarding this issue and...
  5. Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home?

Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home?: Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anniversary-update-available-on-windows-10-home/ae33bd53-4d67-4f23-9191-cbaa4f3c069e
  6. since windows 10 anniversary update my cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing

in Cortana
    since windows 10 anniversary update my cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing: since windows 10 anniversary update was installed on my computer my hey cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-windows-10-anniversary-update-my-cortana/50a4ae0f-d9f9-4c2c-adb0-2989ccddd916"
  7. Missed my windows 10 anniversary update. How can I get now?

Missed my windows 10 anniversary update. How can I get now?: I have missed my chance to update my pc to anniversary edition. how can I get now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missed-my-windows-10-anniversary-update-how-can-i/0ca1db90-d7a5-4981-9787-318f3abd1b98
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update (v1607) (RS1) stuck at welcome screen after apply KB KB4467684

Windows 10 Anniversary Update (v1607) (RS1) stuck at welcome screen after apply KB KB4467684: Anyone facing the same issue OR any experts can save me....my company has already more than 5 PCs reported this issue after install this KB. please don't advise to restore .......
  9. Bluetooth problems after anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth problems after anniversary update: So I have an issue with my bluetooth speakers. I basically can not pair my PC with my speakers after the anniversary update. I've been using these speakers for a while now and never had this problem. Speakers work just fine with any other device than my PC. When i'm...
  10. Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update: A while ago Microsoft confirmed that it plans to end support for older versions of Windows 10 and last week the company finally brought the shutters down by pulling support for the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update version 1607. Microsoft had announced that it will end...