Windows 10: How do I get the Anniversary Update??

Discus and support How do I get the Anniversary Update?? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The whole saga about the Anniversary Update has me very confused. How can I determine if I have the update, and if I don't have it how do I get it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hairy Scot, Apr 23, 2017.

1. How do I get the Anniversary Update??

The whole saga about the Anniversary Update has me very confused.
    How can I determine if I have the update, and if I don't have it how do I get it?

:)

Hairy Scot, Apr 23, 2017

2. I can't install KB3035583; how do I get the "Get Windows 10" icon in my desktop tray?

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

Please be aware even if you do not get the Windows 10 app, you can still download Windows 10 as a .ISO file, create a bootable copy and upgrade your system.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

• [*]Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)

[*]After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:

• schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"
    Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the above does not work, try uninstalling both updates:

Press Windows key + X (for Windows 7 click Start, type: cmd then right click
    cmd and click Run as administrator)

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

At the command prompt, enter the following commands:

wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583

wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664

Exit the command prompt, restart and run Windows Update again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I
    want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, but I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

Backup your computer:

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How
    to manually backup and restore your files

How to: 10 Tips before
    installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things
    to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your
    free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 23, 2017
  3. I can't install KB3035583; how do I get the "Get Windows 10" icon in my desktop tray?

Dear Andre:

Thank you for reminding me that the ISO download will be available after July 29th. I was so focused on the "Get Windows 10 icon" I forgot that.

I checked Windows Update and while KB3035583 was not installed KB2952664 is there on the list. This machine does have some quirks of its own.
    I'm going to follow your suggestions and hopefully I'll be able to download the W10 ISO after July 29th.

Thank you for your help.

firstcoyote, Apr 23, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

How do I get the Anniversary Update??

click windows + R keys simultaneously and enter winver. On the pop up view you windows version and build. The latest is windows 1703 build 15063.138. The creator's update or version 1703 became available to everyone via windows updates on 4/11/2017. You can go to windows update and update now. Alternatively you can go to a Microsoft web site to get the update: Download Windows 10.

zbook, Apr 23, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    That is incorrect. Microsoft began a phased rollout of Creator's Update on 4/11/2017 via Windows Update. It is not available to everyone on Windows Update yet and some people won't be able to go to Windows Update and update now for possibly months from now.

Since you asked about the Anniversary Update, and not the Creator's Update, you want to look for version 1607 and the 14393.xxx build series in winver. Version 1607 and a build number starting with 14393 is the Anniversary Update. The only way to get the Anniversary Update now that the Creator's Update has been released is to download an older ISO file of it and the easy way to do that is this tool:
    Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

Using their tool, you want Windows 10 - Redstone 1 - July 2016.

To update your current Windows 10 to the Anniversary Update (if it isn't there), mount the ISO file and run setup.exe from the mounted ISO file.

NavyLCDR, Apr 23, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    There is another way without using a 3rd-party tool (although that one is safe, it does download direct from Microsoft). It's slightly more complicated, but you can use method one here...
    How to Download Creators Update ISO via MS w/o Media Creation Tool
    ...to make IE or Edge pretend to be a 'non-windows' browser. Then https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 will redirect you to a page where you can download an .iso of your choice, including the Anniversary Update.

7. Berton Win User
    Just to add, I did the MCT/Media Creation Tool thingy on Thursday to download the .iso and created the DVD. It installed Version 1607 Build 14393.447 then it updated to Version 1607 Build 14393.1066.

Berton, Apr 23, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

If you still have an old copy of the MCT it will still download the .iso it was created for. I have a collection of them and used an original one to make a 10240 .iso last month. If you download the MCT today it makes a Creators Update .iso.

9. After navigating through a few links I managed to get the update and I am now at 1703.

Hairy Scot, Apr 24, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    I though you wanted the Anniversary Update?!?

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get the Anniversary Update?? - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update

2. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...: i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-update-my-windows-10-to-anniversary/d1da4644-95f9-4566-a38c-53aaf49c73fd
  3. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...: i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-update-my-windows-10-to-anniversary/d1da4644-95f9-4566-a38c-53aaf49c73fd
  4. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I have windows 10 pro at the same time of having windows anniversary update?

can I have windows 10 pro at the same time of having windows anniversary update?: because i am looking into having windows anniversary edition i need to know if i can get windows anniversary with windows 10 pro installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-have-windows-10-pro-at-the-same-time-of/b544af42-f024-4c08-bb75-c0e19b9e8cb5
  6. How do I download the Windows Connect App? I already am on the latest anniversary update.

How do I download the Windows Connect App? I already am on the latest anniversary update.: So I need the Windows Connect App. But on the internet I can only find people telling me to download the newest windows anniversary update. After installing Windows Version 2004 Build 19041.450 the Connect app is still not on my pc. Any advice? Thanks a lot! Best...
  7. Is it possible to get the windows 10 anniversary update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to get the windows 10 anniversary update?: I want to transfer xbox play anywhere games from my xbox to my laptop. submitted by /u/StevoBP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwn78y/is_it_possible_to_get_the_windows_10_anniversary/
  8. I have lost my camera during your Windows 10 Anniversary update 2016

I have lost my camera during your Windows 10 Anniversary update 2016: Sir , I have lost my inbuilt camera of Laptop after updating my laptop in 2016 , for Your windows 10 Anniversary Update , Camera always shows black screen ,my laptop is G2 640 HP . I have tried all the methods on internet , non of them worked for me , I have...
  9. Anniversary Update?

Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  10. How to get windows anniversary update in 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get windows anniversary update in 2020: I want to get xbox play anywhere but it requires windows 10 anniversary. how do i get it now? submitted by /u/Acerok753 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm3e0d/how_to_get_windows_anniversary_update_in_2020/