Windows 10: How do I get the "Favorites Bar" 2 display on top of MS EDGE like IE?

Discus and support How do I get the "Favorites Bar" 2 display on top of MS EDGE like IE? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have to many favorites and I do not like having to have them displayed on the side. I like edge but its current way of displaying favorites renders... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 7777, Oct 29, 2015.

1. 7777 Win User

How do I get the "Favorites Bar" 2 display on top of MS EDGE like IE?

I have to many favorites and I do not like having to have them displayed on the side. I like edge but its current way of displaying favorites renders it useless for me. I want to use it because the newer browsers display web video better, but I don't know how to use it right now.

:)

2. WP_JS Win User

edge shortcut in taskbar

To add a website shortcut to the MS Edge task bar, first open Edge and enter website's address. Add this site to Favorites using the star icon on top right of screen. Next, open Edge's Hub by clicking on Hub's icon (icon has three horizontal lines and
    is located on top right of screen). Find the site you just saved in favorites and drag it to the very top of the list and drop it into the folder called "Favorites Hub". Your website's shortcut should now appear on the task bar.

WP_JS, Oct 29, 2015
  3. graye Win User
    Unable to move favourites subfolders to main in The Edge

The items in favorites bar (the horizontal thing at the top) also exist in a folder called (not surprisingly) "Favorites Bar" in the favorites "pane". So, just do the "drag-n-drop" operations from the Favorites Bar folder (instead of doing it directly
    from the actual favorites bar itself).

Moving a folder "up" the tree is a bit tricky... since the pre-Anniversary Update version of Edge uses a "bread crumb" view rather than a full "tree view". So, to move something "up", you drop the item on the word "FAVORITES" (not an icon) at the top of
    the favorites pane.

Yeah, the Anniversary Update does make moving between folders a bit easier...

graye, Oct 29, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Click on the three dots in the top right corner, then settings and then move the "Show the favorites bar" slider to on.

How do I get the "Favorites Bar" 2 display on top of MS EDGE like IE? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. How do I get the "Favorites Bar" 2 display on top of MS EDGE like IE? - Similar Threads - Favorites Bar display

2. Question: Will I be able to show more things like Edge favorites on the favorites bar on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Will I be able to show more things like Edge favorites on the favorites bar on a...: Seven years from now, starting July 15th, 2029, all my laptops will have at least a 16.0" full HD screen so I can fit 10 Edge favorites across my laptop's screen. Windows 11 will definitely not be my last version of Windows, and there should be Windows 11's successor since no...
  3. Question: Will I be able to show more things like Edge favorites on the favorites bar on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: Will I be able to show more things like Edge favorites on the favorites bar on a...: Seven years from now, starting July 15th, 2029, all my laptops will have at least a 16.0" full HD screen so I can fit 10 Edge favorites across my laptop's screen. Windows 11 will definitely not be my last version of Windows, and there should be Windows 11's successor since no...
  4. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  5. Favorites are not displayed in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites are not displayed in Edge: Please help me to find favorites and bookmarks on Edge. I’ve imported them from Internet Explorer but cannot see them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-are-not-displayed-in-edge/ea7bb85f-e371-4cb6-a914-99e265c81eee
  6. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of favorites bar on top: I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen...
  7. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  8. Display Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Display Favorites Bar in Edge: I've been able to import my favorites from IE11 but no matter what I do I can not get the them to display across the top of the browser. Any suggestions? [img] 58771
  9. MS Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Favorites: With the Internet Explorer I have my favorites organized into folders. When I import them into the Edge and look at the favorites I see a whole bunch of folders with 0 items in them and I don't know why. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? 30187
  10. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...