Windows 10: How do I get Win 10 to load Win Live Mail upon startup and waking?

Discus and support How do I get Win 10 to load Win Live Mail upon startup and waking? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! I've been using Win 10 for some weeks. Until today, it would open three programs for me upon startup and waking, as had happened with Windows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dutch, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Dutch Win User

How do I get Win 10 to load Win Live Mail upon startup and waking?

Hello!

I've been using Win 10 for some weeks. Until today, it would open three programs for me upon startup and waking, as had happened with Windows 7 before I upgraded to Windows 10.

Today my user account settings were changed and now one of the programs no longer opens unless I click on the icon. It's Windows Live Mail. I tried Pin to Taskbar, Pin to Start, and a combo of both but the email program does not load unless I click the icon.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

:)

Dutch, Mar 7, 2016
  2. RAC72 Win User

Mail When trying to get Mail to work I can get to Windows pswd but get the error something went wrong. How can I get past this point?

how do I setup Mail???? I am using Live Mail 2012 and if I go into MS account I can use Mail but it will not load from Start or anywhere else. Using asus X53E with 8 Gb mem and win 10 build 586

RAC72, Mar 7, 2016
  3. RAC72 Win User
    Mail When trying to get Mail to work I can get to Windows pswd but get the error something went wrong. How can I get past this point?

I am not trying to setup Live Mail as that is already working. I am trying to get MS Mail from Start to work again. when I punch Mail it now comes up with add acct. but won't go any further. It did work previous to your latest Mail update. There is a difference
    between Mail ( that comes with Win) and Live Mail 2012. It used to ask for Windows pswd but then give either wrong pswd or there was an error. Every time the programmers change something all **** follows. Please direct me to the correct info

RAC72, Mar 7, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Dutch Win User
    For Option One:
    -- Is the only way to get to the Task Manager via ctrl + alt + del, or is there another way?

-- When clicking on the "Startup" tab in Task Manager, I do not see Windows Live Mail In the list of programs. How do you add a program to this list?

-- I saw loads of things in the Startup area and wonder how they got there or of they need to be there. Some examples: DropBox (listed twice) and some Apple programs such as iTunes.

For Option Two: where can I find "File Explorer"?

Thanks.

Dutch, Mar 7, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    ..................For Option Two: where can I find "File Explorer"? ................................

Type file explorer in the search box > Enter.
    OR,
    at the taskbar, click that icon .....................

How do I get Win 10 to load Win Live Mail upon startup and waking? [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 7, 2016
  7. Dutch Win User
    Found File Explorer by clicking on the start button; FE was listed there, but it was of no help. "This PC" didn't help either. My computer must be set up differently than most.

In most earlier versions of Windows, it was possible to search for "All Programs" and then scroll down the folders. How does one do this in Win 10?

Dutch, Mar 7, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

By clicking "All apps".

9. Dutch Win User
    Made a bit of progress using Cortana and typing in this string that was in one of the examples given by essenbe:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

At this location, I see two of the three programs I want to open at startup. How can I add the third program (Windows Live Mail) to this folder?

Thanks.

Dutch, Mar 7, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Make a shortcut of Windows Live Mail on your desktop.
    Copy the shortcut in that location.
    Close the folder.

Restart to check if it is added.

11. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Mar 7, 2016
  12. Dutch Win User
    The only two options are "Pin to Start" and "Pin to Taskbar." There is no "Create Shortcut" option when I right click on "Windows Live Mail." Any idea where/how to create a shortcut for it?

Dutch, Mar 7, 2016
  13. Dutch Win User

Finally was able to see that toolbar by clicking on the "View" tab. The "hidden" option was and is selected (box is ticked). Do I need to deselect this box? Thanks.

Dutch, Mar 7, 2016
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    That is a big difference of Windows 10 with its predecessors.

Well, I dont have WLM, I am siting an example using VLC Media Player.

Start > All Apps > VideoLAN. I click on VideoLAN to expand it. VLC Media Player is under it.
    Right Click on Vlc Media Player > More > Open File Location. Like the image below:

Now, When I click on "Open File Location", I see a Shortcut of VLC Media Player is there, already.

Just copy it (not cut) and paste in the desired location, that is ....
    Code: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup[/quote] Done.

Now apply the hide back. Restart.

15. ARC
    Arc Win User
    View > Options > Change Folder and Seh Options.

The Folder Options dialog will appear.
    Click on the View tab of it. Do these two there .....

Done.

Thema:

1. How do I get Win 10 to load Win Live Mail upon startup and waking? - Similar Threads - load Live Mail

2. win 8 AND win 10- option to load on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 8 AND win 10- option to load on startup: how do i get rid of the option of loading Win 8 or 10 when i turn on? i want Win 10 to load all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-8-and-win-10-option-to-load-on-startup/2f0dd7e0-bc54-4c05-8474-703ab15fcbb2
  3. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  4. Roboform not loading on Win 10 Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roboform not loading on Win 10 Startup: For the past year or more, Roboform does not load on Windows start-up. The Roboform TaskBar Icon shows as enabled in the task manager/startup: the file is robotaskbaricon.exe. I have tried several possible solutions such as copying shortcuts to the Windows startup directory...
  5. settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10: I'm using Windows Live Mail on Win 10. My Contacts (when I click "Contacts") are set up to show "last name", "First name" which is what I want. But, when I want to compose a new e-mail and click on the "To" or "Cc" box in the address section of a new e-mail to add a contact,...
  6. Windows Live Mail with Win 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail with Win 10?: I have been playing around with win 10 for a while now, first in a virtual machine but lately as a dual boot with Win 8.1. Now I am seriously thinking of making Win 10 my main OS. My question - with Win 8.1, I use Windows Live Mail, will this be supported under Win 10? TIA...
  7. Win Live MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live MAIL problem: I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with...
  8. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....
  9. Win 10 install crashed Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 install crashed Live Mail: Downloaded and installed Win 10. Live Mail would not open. Uninstalled Win 10 and reverted back to Win 7 so I could export contacts. All Live Mail files have been corrupted. Can not uninstall, repair, or reinstall Live Mail or Essentials. Trying to get contacts so I can...
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...