Windows 10: how do I get windows 10 pro after upgrading from windows 7 ultimate

Discus and support how do I get windows 10 pro after upgrading from windows 7 ultimate in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings After upgrading to windows 10 pro and deleting all traces of setup is there a possibility of generating/downloading/receiving a version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zivshosh, Oct 20, 2016.

1. zivshosh Win User

how do I get windows 10 pro after upgrading from windows 7 ultimate

Greetings
    After upgrading to windows 10 pro and deleting all traces of setup is there a possibility of generating/downloading/receiving a version of windows 10 pro in case of trouble?
    Visiting Microsoft site allows only buying since it is after July 29.
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, Oct 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 Product Key - After Successful Upgrade

Hi,

This is Sivarama.

I tried to install Windows 10 Fresh copy.

But it is failed.

After that I tried upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate.

The upgrade is successful. And the Windows Pro 10 Version is ACTIVE.

For full upgrade, I dont have Key for Windows Pro 10.

Windows 7 Ultimate key is not working for Windows Pro 10. (Tried installing Virtual Machine).

In future, if I want to do a fresh installation, do I need to install Win 7 first and upgrade?

How do I get KEY for Windows Pro 10?

Thanks and Regards,

Sivarama

Sivarama Krishna K, Oct 20, 2016
  3. rouleau0 Win User
    How do I upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a Win 7 Ultimate product key?

I upgraded from Windows 7 home to Windows 10. Later, while cleaning out my IT room I found an unused copy of Windows 7 Ultimate sealed in the box. I know that if I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate, I get Windows 10 Pro rather than Windows
    10 Home.

So... I went to Settings/Update & Security/Activation and changed the product key. The Windows 7 Ultimate key was refused.

Which leads me to my question, "How do I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home using a Windows 7 Ultimate product key _without_ reformatting the hard drive and doing a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate"?

rouleau0, Oct 20, 2016
  4. BrendanB Win User

BrendanB, Oct 20, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Oct 20, 2016
  6. zivshosh Win User
    not anymore. and I'm not registered so they won;t let me contine, although my windows 10 pro is activated
    and past Juky 29 I can't upgrade to windows 10 free (and I don't need to)
    thank you

zivshosh, Oct 22, 2016
  7. zivshosh Win User
    zivshosh, Oct 22, 2016
  8. how do I get windows 10 pro after upgrading from windows 7 ultimate

Both links take me to the same web page? And no registration is needed to download the tool?

alphanumeric, Oct 22, 2016
  9. zivshosh Win User
    zivshosh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I get windows 10 pro after upgrading from windows 7 ultimate - Similar Threads - pro upgrading ultimate

2. Do my Window 10 get automatically activated after I upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate via...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do my Window 10 get automatically activated after I upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate via...: Regard Window 10 Activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-my-window-10-get-automatically-activated-after/600aa43f-f308-452b-8835-e6a21ea4ffac
  3. Do my Window 10 get automatically activated after I upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do my Window 10 get automatically activated after I upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate via...: Regard Window 10 Activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-my-window-10-get-automatically-activated-after/600aa43f-f308-452b-8835-e6a21ea4ffac
  4. Do my Window 10 get automatically activated after I upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate via...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10: Hi, This is Rolf Schreiner at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, on December 14, 2020. I have a problem installing Wildows 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I worked about one week it, but now I need some help, please. I tried all the published fixes on the internet,...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro: Seems like a simple question - just bought Windows 10 Pro on a USB. When I boot up my computer to the USB drive to install Windows 10 it does not give me the option to upgrade - seems like it is going to do a clean install. When does the option menu come up for "clean...
  7. I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 ultimate: Hi, For over a week I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro and after several problems I came to one (for the last 3 days) that I don't know any longer what to do. I reach the 76% overall progress with 1 or 2 % on the Configuring Settings...
  8. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

upgrade from windows 7 ultimate: I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language. Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?...
  9. Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?: Because i've heard that if you have ultimate you will get pro edition. But it says I need sp1. So do I actually need sp1 or I can just upgrade from ultimate to pro? 61120
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10: Sorry for the question if is quite simple but I am unsure. Currently I am running Windows 7 Ultimate yet my copy can't be validated as I have no key. If I was to purchase a copy of Windows 10 would I be able to keep my files during the upgrade or would a fresh install be...