Windows 10: How do I get Windows 11 camera settings

Discus and support How do I get Windows 11 camera settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Recently I upgrade to win 11 because of the phone camera to webcam feature. No more secondary apps, and direct connection, thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jab_Joker, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Jab_Joker Win User

How do I get Windows 11 camera settings

Hello,Recently I upgrade to win 11 because of the phone camera to webcam feature. No more secondary apps, and direct connection, thanks MicrosoftHowever, after connecting my PC and Asus zenfone 8 with the windows phone connection application, I opened the camera to notice, accepted the messages to allow the application to use my camera and started the windows camera application.Once the camera application was open, I wished to increase the video resolutions, however I can on see 720p 16:9 30 FPS and that's it!I consider this strange behavior as my camera can film 4k, am I missing something?.

:)

Jab_Joker, Jul 10, 2024

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Windows Camera

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use the integrated webcam. There could be a possibility that the
    device driver not installed or out of date or the installed driver failed.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the model number of the Lenovo Desktop?
    • Is Lenovo Vantage utility app installed on the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try few steps.

Step 1: Check Camera Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Click on Change check if it is toggled to On.
    4. Also toggle the switch to On under Allow apps to access your camera
    Step 2:Update Webcam driver.

We would suggest you to update the Webcam driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If the behavior persists, I suggest you follow the steps in the article below and see if it solves the problem:
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

You may also refer these articles for additional information:

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

How to use the Camera app

If it persists, I recommend that you contact the Lenovo Technical Support to carry out tests related to the camera.

Let us know the results.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 10, 2024
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: Nokia and HMD phones support to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I get Windows 11 camera settings - Similar Threads - camera settings

2. Brio Camera not selected as default camera when setting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brio Camera not selected as default camera when setting up.: I was trying to setup Brio 4k camera with Window Hello.I was able to select Brio on camera app and Teams device setting.When come to setup Window Hello for Facial recognition, it is detecting internal camera and i have no option to choose Brio.Please advise.Thank you in...
  3. Brio Camera not selected as default camera when setting up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brio Camera not selected as default camera when setting up.: I was trying to setup Brio 4k camera with Window Hello.I was able to select Brio on camera app and Teams device setting.When come to setup Window Hello for Facial recognition, it is detecting internal camera and i have no option to choose Brio.Please advise.Thank you in...
  4. My camera is stuck in mirror image and there is no setting to change it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera is stuck in mirror image and there is no setting to change it.: I've looked everywhere and there is no 'flip horizontal' or 'mirror' settings to change. I'm just looking to have my camera display a normal image. Thank you!...
  5. My camera is stuck in mirror image and there is no setting to change it.

My camera is stuck in mirror image and there is no setting to change it.: I've looked everywhere and there is no 'flip horizontal' or 'mirror' settings to change. I'm just looking to have my camera display a normal image. Thank you!...
  6. my camera is not working and my laptop is not showing wifi option not in setting also

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera is not working and my laptop is not showing wifi option not in setting also: solve my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-and-my-laptop-is-not/0ebd2b4d-b97d-452d-be36-02fbdea7ff3b
  7. my camera is not working and my laptop is not showing wifi option not in setting also

my camera is not working and my laptop is not showing wifi option not in setting also: solve my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-and-my-laptop-is-not/0ebd2b4d-b97d-452d-be36-02fbdea7ff3b
  8. My built in web camera is not detected and camera is not even listed under the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My built in web camera is not detected and camera is not even listed under the settings: My computer no longer even shows camera options under management settings. In the normal settings it just keeps saying no camera found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-web-camera-is-not-detected-and-camera/4e213645-9019-404c-bd06-1764fb9ee441
  9. My built in web camera is not detected and camera is not even listed under the settings

My built in web camera is not detected and camera is not even listed under the settings: My computer no longer even shows camera options under management settings. In the normal settings it just keeps saying no camera found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-web-camera-is-not-detected-and-camera/4e213645-9019-404c-bd06-1764fb9ee441
  10. How do I get Windows 11 camera settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 11 camera settings: Hello,Recently I upgrade to win 11 because of the phone camera to webcam feature. No more secondary apps, and direct connection, thanks MicrosoftHowever, after connecting my PC and Asus zenfone 8 with the windows phone connection application, I opened the camera to notice,...