Windows 10: How Do I Get Windows Explorer to Open Desktop Folder?

Discus and support How Do I Get Windows Explorer to Open Desktop Folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brink is right. That is the easiest way. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by play2mefish, Apr 4, 2018.

1. How Do I Get Windows Explorer to Open Desktop Folder?

Brink is right. That is the easiest way.

play2mefish, Apr 4, 2018
  2. yahanna Win User

How can I get windows explorer to open to the Desktop and not any other folder when I open it up?

:)

yahanna, Apr 29, 2018
  3. How do I get windows 10 to open explorer when I insert a dvd disk?

How do I get windows 10 to open explorer when I insert a dvd disk? I previously selected "do nothing" and want to change it now.

Pinball_Dr, Apr 29, 2018
  4. How Do I Get Windows Explorer to Open Desktop Folder?

How do I get windows 10 to open explorer when I insert a dvd disk?

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Open Autoplay

Under DVDs, click in the DVD list box and choose a default.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 29, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 29, 2018
  6. yahanna Win User
    I'm confused. I didnt mention the taskbar. I want windows explorer to open the desktop folder when its launched as default.

yahanna, Apr 30, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you could still create the shortcut, and use it whenever you want File Explorer to open to the Desktop.

Brink, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

How Do I Get Windows Explorer to Open Desktop Folder?

1. How Do I Get Windows Explorer to Open Desktop Folder? - Similar Threads - Explorer Open Desktop

2. How do I get a new folder in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a new folder in file explorer: How do i get a new folder in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-new-folder-in-file-explorer/42106a91-cadd-4d69-b433-88a4c34d3ab7
  3. How do I get a new folder in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a new folder in file explorer: How do i get a new folder in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-new-folder-in-file-explorer/42106a91-cadd-4d69-b433-88a4c34d3ab7
  4. How do I get a new folder in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I open FOLDERS with an app other than Windows Explorer?

How do I open FOLDERS with an app other than Windows Explorer?: Recently found an app great for navigating through files and folders. But it would only open zip files with the app, and there is no protocol setting to let me open it with the app. I want to open all folders with the app. Is there any way to do so? Thanks in advance....
  6. Desktop folder opening without file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop folder opening without file explorer: Is there a smart way to open a folder you have on your desktop, without using file explorer? Such that you can see all the files within, whilst still on the desktop submitted by /u/samtowell [link] [comments]...
  7. How do I get rid of a notification on the desktop I can't open?

How do I get rid of a notification on the desktop I can't open?: [img] - - - Updated - - - I don't seem to be able to add text to my last post. A friend has the above on her computer (Windows 10 Home) . I can't open it and I don't know what it upgrade it is giving us a message about. How do I troubleshoot this issue? 162640
  8. How do I get rid of invisible window open on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of invisible window open on my desktop?: Hello, I have had this issue for a while now and I need help because it is very annoying to have this on my desktop. I will provide a screenshot. Thank you for your time. Have a good day :[IMG]...
  9. How to get a desktop folder off the desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get a desktop folder off the desktop?: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had (and have) a downloads folder under the desktop folder (a subfolder of users) which I use(d) to store video files. As far as I can remember Windows 7 didn't show this folder with its contents on the desktop, Windows 10...
  10. How Do I Open Windows Explorer to Desktop by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Open Windows Explorer to Desktop by Default?: How do I get windows explorer to open up to the desired directory by default? I want to be able to open it to the Desktop directory. How do I do this? 92939