Windows 10: How do I get Windows to spell check two languages?

Discus and support How do I get Windows to spell check two languages? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tried it, still doesn't work. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lophophora, Apr 4, 2018.

1. How do I get Windows to spell check two languages?

Tried it, still doesn't work.

Lophophora, Apr 4, 2018

2. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Home. My Windows is in English and I use a French layout keyboard, which works fine.

I added the French language to Windows because I want Windows to also check my spelling when I write in French, but it doesn't work (it used to before I reinstalled). How can I solve this?

:)

Lophophora, Apr 9, 2018
  3. JaxVQ Win User
    How do I get spell check to correct for misplaced capital letters

When I am typing in Blogger, spell check doesn't correct for misplaced capital letters.

JaxVQ, Apr 9, 2018
  4. JaxVQ Win User

How do I get Windows to spell check two languages?

How do I get spell check to correct for misplaced capital letters

I can only say that this problem occurs when using any app or program that is not a specific word processing program. I tried the suggested fixes, and none of them solved the problem. All the suggested boxes were checked.

JaxVQ, Apr 9, 2018
  5. pepanee Win User
    I'm assuming you have done this? You have two languages simultaneously in that window. (Refer to the picture)
    Notice that it says "Available for download" for my French option? If yours says that, press Options on the right > Download and install language pack

How do I get Windows to spell check two languages? [​IMG]

pepanee, Apr 9, 2018
  6. Yes I have done this and downloaded the French, but Windows still doesn't spell check anything but English.

Lophophora, Apr 9, 2018
  7. pepanee Win User
    Try removing it from that list, and re-listing it again.

pepanee, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

How do I get Windows to spell check two languages?

1. How do I get Windows to spell check two languages? - Similar Threads - spell check languages

2. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  3. In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check?: In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check? This is especially annoying because it's working in one file and not in another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-wordpad-how-do-i-turn-on-spell-check/7547a73b-e90d-4528-8b8d-5289813db39c
  4. In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check?: In wordpad, how do I turn on spell check? This is especially annoying because it's working in one file and not in another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-wordpad-how-do-i-turn-on-spell-check/7547a73b-e90d-4528-8b8d-5289813db39c
  5. Spell check language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check language: Win11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.1281Only English UK is set in Languages/regions - No US set anywhereWhen I compose a post some words are highlighted and you are prompted to change to US spellingNo issues when using Word/365...
  6. Spell check language

Spell check language: Win11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.1281Only English UK is set in Languages/regions - No US set anywhereWhen I compose a post some words are highlighted and you are prompted to change to US spellingNo issues when using Word/365...
  7. Spell check in multiple languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell check in multiple languages: Hi all, I regularly write emails in both Dutch and English. Whenever I do, I have to select the language I am writing in or it will mark my spelling as wrong. This gets quite annoying after a while. How can I make it accept bot Dutch and English spelling without having to...
  8. How do I activate a spell check on notepad?

How do I activate a spell check on notepad?: above: How do I activate a spell check on notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-a-spell-check-on-notepad/ff92eda3-6a62-45f1-99df-db6f1bb6116c
  9. how do i spell check???

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i spell check???: I have home view and editing but no spell check https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-spell-check/a8e3fb13-517a-4a45-bdea-6ddf2434d270
  10. how con I get spell check on note pad

how con I get spell check on note pad: how can I get spell check on my note pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-con-i-get-spell-check-on-note-pad/25db3c4a-36f8-4f18-a56a-55168726bbc1