Windows 10: How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers?

Discus and support How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have a folder full of movies that I'm sharing over the network. I want my raspberry pi to be the only one able to change the content of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Plecto, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Plecto Win User

How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers?

Hi. I have a folder full of movies that I'm sharing over the network. I want my raspberry pi to be the only one able to change the content of the folder, but I want everyone on the network to able to read from it, how can this be done?

:)

Plecto, Oct 18, 2016

2. How do I give different colours to events in windows 10 calandar like was available in previous versions?

I'm not using the calendar app in Windows 10 for this reason. How is this option not available? Differentiating between different events using different colors seems an essential part of the interface...?

daveferguson1, Oct 18, 2016
  3. How do I give different colours to events in windows 10 calandar like was available in previous versions?

You have to buy the premium edition in order to get different colors, otherwise, you just get one color for all events - green.

Lynnanne.R, Oct 18, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Set permissions to read only for everyone and full control for pi you can set it on the share or ntfs

Samuria, Oct 18, 2016
  5. Plecto Win User
    What do I type in as 'Name'?

How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers? [​IMG]

Plecto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I give different sharing permissions to different computers? - Similar Threads - different sharing permissions

2. How do I share a printer when my computers have different versions of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I share a printer when my computers have different versions of Windows?: The printer is connected to my main computer which is running Windows 7. I have a Windows 8 laptop and a Windows 10 laptop that I want to connect and share that printer to print wirelessly. I know the Windows 8 laptop can connect with a Homegroup, but what about the Windows...
  3. How do I share a printer when my computers have different versions of Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I share a printer when my computers have different versions of Windows?: The printer is connected to my main computer which is running Windows 7. I have a Windows 8 laptop and a Windows 10 laptop that I want to connect and share that printer to print wirelessly. I know the Windows 8 laptop can connect with a Homegroup, but what about the Windows...
  4. I stay at different places, how do I play Minecraft Bedrock on different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stay at different places, how do I play Minecraft Bedrock on different computers?: I have bought Minecraft Bedrock on my home computer. How do I play Minecraft when I am staying at my grandparents' house on their Windows computer without buying it again? I just want to login and play the game on my account without having to pay for Minecraft all over...
  5. how do i have different wallpapers on different monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i have different wallpapers on different monitors?: everytime i set a wallpaper it sets it the same on all 3 monitors, how do i make it so all 3 can have seperate images? submitted by /u/SkapBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbpy2u/how_do_i_have_different_wallpapers_on_different/
  6. how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do give permission to a user on a different pc thats on the same network?: i wanted to give my laptop access to a drive on my desktop (both on the same network) but i dont have permissions to access it. when i go to propertied->security i cant choose my laptop as the location, how can i give myself permissions? submitted by /u/antireal20 [link]...
  7. How do I create a shared folder for 2 different computers to access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a shared folder for 2 different computers to access?: My co-worker and I share several spreadsheets that we both need to access and update throughout the day. Right now we have to save and email the updated copy to the other one. We'd like to have a shared folder somewhere on our network so that either one of us can open, edit,...
  8. Granting two users different permissions to different folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Granting two users different permissions to different folders: I have a Windows 10 PC that acts as a file share. Within this file share there are several hundred folders. I'd like to know if there is an easy to grant two different users different permissions to these several hundred folders. For example, I'd like like one users to be...
  9. how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to do I Enable Permissions in different user accounts: So here goes, I am a complete amateur here and with computers so please let me know if I have anything wrong here! I have windows 10 on my computer which updated from Windows 7. I had always used an administrator account sofinding out I could not use any apps at all when...
  10. How to set different HomeGroup sharing permissions for users ?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set different HomeGroup sharing permissions for users ?!: Hi guys, I have setup a home group network at my small office between 6 PCs for the file sharing purpose and it works fine. One thing I have no idea about as how to set an access permission for specific users to let them access my shared folders while the rest to not to do ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to give different permission to different computers