Windows 10: How do I go about changing my default settings so that each document I save gives me the...

Discus and support How do I go about changing my default settings so that each document I save gives me the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I go about changing my default settings so that each document I save gives me the option to save to my desktop without having to go through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blairekrystine, Jul 15, 2018.

1. How do I go about changing my default settings so that each document I save gives me the...

How do I go about changing my default settings so that each document I save gives me the option to save to my desktop without having to go through the extra steps to get there that I currently have to do

Has this issue been fixed? Whoever wrote the below post, nailed it on the head & although it is only one or two extra clicks it is very annoying especially if saving lots of documents per day it adds up. I really want to save all my documents on my desktop without having to take more steps than need me, I currently use google chrome as that is the browser that is most compatible with systems I use for work.

In Windows 10 / Office 2016, "Desktop" does not show up when you click Save As. You have to click This PC, at which point you still don't see Desktop right away. Instead you have to pull the scroll bar up to the top where you will find Desktop. So it's a click, a pull and a click, instead of a single click. No one will die from this, but if it wastes 500 million people each around 30 seconds per day, that's 475 years wasted. Or, if you figure an average life is maybe 80 years, and 500 million people want to save to their desktop, then Microsoft wastes around 6 human lives each day. But they do enable you to save to OneDrive, which I almost never want to do, in a single click.

[Moved from: Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Unknown/other]

:)

Blairekrystine, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Document Saving Default

My documents are saved in File Explorer as Google Chrome documents. I need them to be saved as PDF files. How do i change this default setting?

** Moved from : Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC **

JosephRanieri, Jul 15, 2018
  4. How do I go about changing my default settings so that each document I save gives me the...

When I scan a document, by default it saves it in my pictures, how do i change the setting to save to my documents?

Original Title - windows 10, Myscans

When I scan a document, by default it saves it in my pictures, how do i change the setting to save to my documents?

snowmass0_2, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

How do I go about changing my default settings so that each document I save gives me the...

1. How do I go about changing my default settings so that each document I save gives me the... - Similar Threads - changing default settings

2. How do I go about changing my Minecraft privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go about changing my Minecraft privacy settings?: How do I find my privacy settings? I recently transferred to a Microsoft account from my old Mojang account and I don’t know where my privacy settings are, or if I can even change them. My Microsoft account has some old privacy settings on it from years ago and I’m not sure...
  3. How do I go about changing my Minecraft privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go about changing my Minecraft privacy settings?: How do I find my privacy settings? I recently transferred to a Microsoft account from my old Mojang account and I don’t know where my privacy settings are, or if I can even change them. My Microsoft account has some old privacy settings on it from years ago and I’m not sure...
  4. How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?: How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-adobe-so-its-not-my-default-for/20e1d6a4-6caa-465a-97b3-cb98f750c671
  5. How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?: How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-adobe-so-its-not-my-default-for/20e1d6a4-6caa-465a-97b3-cb98f750c671
  6. How can I change my default settings for opening documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my default settings for opening documents: How can I set my default to open office and not Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-default-settings-for-opening/a3512d8d-f197-43d2-8bf6-6c3e4f79ac1a
  7. How do I set the default to save on my computer and not to one drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set the default to save on my computer and not to one drive?: I got one drive to auto back-up my computer files. I realized that most of the time it comes up as the default to save my files to. The issue is if I do that I don't have my files when I'm traveling and cant connect. That wasn't the idea. I just want to save them to my PC and...
  8. How do I set windows 10 calendar to remind me of daylight savings each year?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I set windows 10 calendar to remind me of daylight savings each year?: I use a windows 10 laptop submitted by /u/wallpapersdance [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5s2gi/how_do_i_set_windows_10_calendar_to_remind_me_of/
  9. default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...: Easy fix automatic would NOT change my word documents files ACCIDENTALLY converted to Internet Explorer file in Windows 10. I cannot open the Windows 10 documents saved in Internet Explorer 10 on my PC Desktop Suggestions?.. beyond Microsoft's suggestions?...
  10. how do I change the default font settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I change the default font settings?: How do I change the default font size settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-default-font-settings/7a7a37cc-b60c-4b74-aaca-c935775df190