Windows 10: How do I go about installing and managing data?

Discus and support How do I go about installing and managing data? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 hard disks. 1 old, one new. Both 7200 RPM. Both almost full, with 3 drives each. Now my current Windows installation is on the new one but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Jul 26, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

How do I go about installing and managing data?

I have 2 hard disks.
    1 old, one new. Both 7200 RPM. Both almost full, with 3 drives each.

Now my current Windows installation is on the new one but I want to put it on the old but both hard disks are full of data.

So how do I change this?

:)

lolcocks, Jul 26, 2015

2. How do I go about installing Lexmark 1200 series printer

Hi Erasmus,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In most cases, all you have to do to set up a printer is to connect it to your PC. Simply plug the USB cable from your printer into an available USB port on your PC, and turn the printer on. If you have a new wireless printer that hasn’t been added
    to your home network, read the instructions that came with the printer to learn how to add it. If someone else in your home already has a printer installed and has shared it, you can join a Home Group and use that printer.

Check the printer manufacturer’s website to learn more and to get up-to-date software for your printer.

Refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/1200/eng/ug.pdf

Lexmark - 1200 Series - English

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 26, 2015
  3. How do I go about installing Lexmark 1200 series printer

How do I go about installing above mentioned printer on Windows 10

erasmus jacobs, Jul 26, 2015
  4. How do I go about installing and managing data?

Normally, you'd make room on the old disk by moving some of the data elsewhere, or deleting some data.

Then make an image of the Windows partition(s) on the new disk, using a program such as Macrium Reflect.

Then restore that image file to the freed-up space on the old disk.

That's it briefly, but of course there are more detailed steps.

I'm assuming you don't want to do a clean install onto the old disk.

ignatzatsonic, Jul 26, 2015
  5. lolcocks Win User
    So it's just basically all manual work, transferring data from here to there.
    Yes, I want to clean install.

lolcocks, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I go about installing and managing data?

1. How do I go about installing and managing data? - Similar Threads - installing managing data

2. How to go about managing policies through powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go about managing policies through powershell: Hello all, I am currently trying to write a complete all in one script for windows 10 and 11. This poses an interesting problem however, how can I manage policies as there does not appear to be any built in commands for it. I'm looking to manage password policies, and stuff...
  3. How to go about managing policies through powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to go about managing policies through powershell: Hello all, I am currently trying to write a complete all in one script for windows 10 and 11. This poses an interesting problem however, how can I manage policies as there does not appear to be any built in commands for it. I'm looking to manage password policies, and stuff...
  4. How to go about managing policies through powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I go about figuring out the password?

How do I go about figuring out the password?: I'm here to ask for help on my motherboard settings. I can't access my motherboard setting without a password and the problem is I have no clue what the password is....
  6. I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?: I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-searchhostexe-how-do-i-go/935b83fd-d782-43a6-8870-7b070fb26998
  7. I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?

I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it?: I accidentally deleted SearchHost.exe, how do I go about re-installing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-searchhostexe-how-do-i-go/935b83fd-d782-43a6-8870-7b070fb26998
  8. How do I go about recovering my account?

How do I go about recovering my account?: Hello, recently a lot of my accounts got hacked somehow, apparently it was from a data breach in a company. I can't get into my Microsoft account because the hacker changed my email, phone number, and password. I really don't know what to do here, I am really at a loss and I...
  9. How do I go about getting a refund on MSFS2020?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go about getting a refund on MSFS2020?: How do I put in for a refund for MSFS 2020? I cannot even download the game. Sits at "Pending" forever and never installs. The one time I DID get it to download by some miracle it would not launch and would simply open the MS store to Gaming Services.I've been working in...
  10. How do I go about transferring ownership of a laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I go about transferring ownership of a laptop?: I have a friend who needs a laptop for school, but doesn’t have the money. And I have a laptop I don’t need ever since I built a desktop. Problem is, I cannot get my Microsoft account off of it so they can sign in with their own account. What do I do? Thanks in advance!...