Windows 10: How do I go back to 8.1?

Discus and support How do I go back to 8.1? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm on my wife's Chromebook now. Can't be active on my Windows 10 laptop for more the 15 or 30 minutes before mouse jumps all over, clicks by itself to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by deboyer11, Jul 30, 2015.

1. deboyer11 Win User

How do I go back to 8.1?

I'm on my wife's Chromebook now. Can't be active on my Windows 10 laptop for more the 15 or 30 minutes before mouse jumps all over, clicks by itself to a point where I can't even restart with disconnecting power.

I should have known not to be bleeding edge.

My graphics driver seems to be the Intel HD Graphics. How do I go back to 8.1?

:)

deboyer11, Jul 30, 2015

2. I will go back from W10 to W7 how do I do it?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I suggest you to follow this link below which will let you know how to roll back from Windows 10 to Windows 7.

Query about rollback to previous operating system

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Jul 30, 2015
  3. I will go back from W10 to W7 how do I do it?

After I bought a new PC
    with W8.1 I was not particularly
    happy with it, and thought that an upgrade to
    W10 would solve my problems.
    The problems have gotten worse and therefore I will
    return to W7 which went
    very smoothly. How can I do that? No
    CDs for W7 but have paid
    and downloaded it earlier.

Grateful for answers Knut
    Barby

Knut Barby, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

How do I go back to 8.1?

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. deboyer11 Win User
    Other observations with the mouse.
    I've been using Edge instead of Chrome as my browser doing the same things as before. The mouse started having problems, not quite the same as before. I was able to close the tab and continue without a reboot.

deboyer11, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Are you using an external mouse of a touchpad?

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  7. deboyer11 Win User
    Mouse problems not specifically related to Chrome or Edge. Seems like heavy mouse usage begins to cause problems. When problems start, found that if I just stop everything mouse related and put the machine down for a couple of minutes and let it catch up it is OK. Some kind of driver or software capability bug. I'll hang in for a while longer to see if fixes are forthcoming before going back to 8.1. WAITING!!!

deboyer11, Jul 31, 2015
  8. deboyer11 Win User

How do I go back to 8.1?

Do not think it makes a difference. Using either / both when problems happen. It's like it's having problems catching up. Started experiencing major problems when playing kakuro (heavy mouse activity). Keep mouse activity to a minimum, problems to a minimum is what I'm seeing.

deboyer11, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I go back to 8.1?