Windows 10: How do I go back to an old driver?

Discus and support How do I go back to an old driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently went to the Acer website and updated my drivers to the most current. However, the sound sounds funky. Also, it takes longer for my Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Williams, Aug 5, 2015.

1. How do I go back to an old driver?

I recently went to the Acer website and updated my drivers to the most current. However, the sound sounds funky. Also, it takes longer for my Ethernet to connect since I updated my LAN driver.

The Realtek driver for the sound doesn't give me an option to roll back to the previous driver. I am not sure about the LAN driver.

So, how do I go back to my previous driver?

:)

Jesse Williams, Aug 5, 2015

2. Do I have to go back to 8.1 to get my (old) google favorites...?

Hi Taji,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Which browser are you referring to?
    Importing favorites in Microsoft Edge

Applies to Windows 10

Looking for your favorites? Here’s how to import them from Internet Explorer or Chrome.

Select Hub > Favorites.

• Select Import favourites and choose from the list.
    • If you’ve added any favourites to the favourites bar in another browser, here’s how you see them in Microsoft Edge – select More actions () >
      Settings, then turn on Show favourites bar.
    • To see your favourites, select Hub > Favourites.
    For reference on Internet Explorer:

Use favorites to save websites you like

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Do I have to go back to 8.1 to get my (old) google favorites...?

Do I have to go back to 8.1 to get my (old) google favorites...?

when I switched to window 10 I lost my google favorites. I liked the old google better than Chrome but old google wont work in 10

Cacmp Taji, Aug 5, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

How do I go back to an old driver?

Find and download older drivers. (That may be the tricky part.)

Uninstall the current ones. (In case the older drivers refuse to install over newer ones.)

Install the old drivers.

Pray.

(Windows Update tends to automatically update Realtek drivers, by the way.)

bobkn, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

How do I go back to an old driver?

1. How do I go back to an old driver? - Similar Threads - old driver

2. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  3. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  4. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is Windows using half century old drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows using half century old drivers?: I am confused, is Windows using half century old drivers? i am attaching 2 screenshots to prove that it shows newest drivers as well to show it is not a glitch in showing old dates.Check below:...
  6. Is Windows using half century old drivers?

Is Windows using half century old drivers?: I am confused, is Windows using half century old drivers? i am attaching 2 screenshots to prove that it shows newest drivers as well to show it is not a glitch in showing old dates.Check below:...
  7. PRINTER DRIVER FOR OLD HP DESKJET F4180

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRINTER DRIVER FOR OLD HP DESKJET F4180: Hi, I have windows 11 os on my laptop, my HP printer is old and no longer has support to download the driver, Cannot find solution online or via control panel options...
  8. PRINTER DRIVER FOR OLD HP DESKJET F4180

PRINTER DRIVER FOR OLD HP DESKJET F4180: Hi, I have windows 11 os on my laptop, my HP printer is old and no longer has support to download the driver, Cannot find solution online or via control panel options...
  9. How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?: I thought that uninstalling my graphics driver was the fix to getting my brightness bar. I don't have a brightness bar at all, it's very strange. I uninstalled it but now I regret it and want that graphics driver back. It won't let me roll back though. How do I find it and...
  10. How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?

How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?: I thought that uninstalling my graphics driver was the fix to getting my brightness bar. I don't have a brightness bar at all, it's very strange. I uninstalled it but now I regret it and want that graphics driver back. It won't let me roll back though. How do I find it and...