Windows 10: how do I go straight to desktop

Discus and support how do I go straight to desktop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to be able to go straight to desktop when the computer wakes up or turns on. I do not want to see 'like what you see' or a login prompt. I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by reedspencer, Nov 10, 2017.

1. how do I go straight to desktop

I want to be able to go straight to desktop when the computer wakes up or turns on. I do not want to see 'like what you see' or a login prompt. I am the only one using my computer and am tired of having to click my way to the desktop every time I sit down. These features are cumbersome and, for me, very annoying. I have yet to see a solution that works.

:)

reedspencer, Nov 10, 2017

2. windows 10 how to go straight to desktop when u start ur computer?

windows 10 how to go straight to desktop when u start ur computer? without log in

Mikeeey777, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Bruce Hagen, Nov 10, 2017
  4. how do I go straight to desktop

Caledon Ken, Nov 10, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Use a Local Account, you don't have to use a Password.
    " 'like what you see' or a login prompt."
    Go to Windows 10 Settings and configure those features Off. In Personalisation, System, and Privacy.

Helmut, Nov 11, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    This does not go straight to desktop after a wakeup. It displays the login screen with a single button "Sign" that you have to click.

cereberus, Nov 11, 2017
  7. I am afraid I am going to have to live with Windows totally annoying 'spotlight' - I hate it and why they put it on I have no idea. I can't find most of the screens you show and am totally afraid that I will wreck something. Why Windows had to do this is a mystery. People like me, old, just want to turn on their computer 'at home' just to check email and look at scores. There are no national secrets, bank account numbers, etc. on my computer but Windows makes life so hard. Thank anyway. I will just continue to hate Windows and save up my money for an Apple.

reedspencer, Nov 12, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

how do I go straight to desktop

Hello Reed, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Are you able to follow along with Option 1 below? This will allow you have Windows automatically sign in to your account at startup, and go to straight to your desktop.

If you have any questions about it, then please feel free to ask away until you're comfortable with it.

*Arrow Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Nov 12, 2017
  9. The 'uses must enter ...' box was already checked off. Option 2 is too confusing and as stated - hate Windows 10!

reedspencer, Nov 13, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would want to uncheck the box. Please read all of and try step 5 in Option 1 again if you wanted to have Windows automatically sign in to an account at startup.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how do I go straight to desktop

1. how do I go straight to desktop - Similar Threads - straight desktop

2. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  3. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  4. Is there any way to search in Windows 10 by typing straight on the desktop, without...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to search in Windows 10 by typing straight on the desktop, without...: It would be really handy, I'm open to third party applications too. submitted by /u/muhmeinchut69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7h1q3/is_there_any_way_to_search_in_windows_10_by/
  5. Boot Straight to Desktop on Startup - Windows 10 Education

Boot Straight to Desktop on Startup - Windows 10 Education: I have found many instructions on how to do this on Windows 10 (run netplwiz, checkbox) but that checkbox does not exist on Windows 10 Education. Is there some kind of workaround that will allow me to bypass the login screen on Win 10 Edu? submitted by /u/and_eazy [link]...
  6. I have debug file at my desktop automatically . That Debug is Straight Line skretch towards...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have debug file at my desktop automatically . That Debug is Straight Line skretch towards...: [1105/174212.275:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3..? I need This Solution. plz help me anyone ..? [IMG]...
  7. I'm just wanting to boot straight to the desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm just wanting to boot straight to the desktop: Hi, I'm currently running the latest beta insider build of windows 10 pro version. I'm the only person who uses my computer, it seems as though dear old microsoft has really made it very difficult to not utilize the lock screen and completely be able to bypass the welcome...
  8. I'm just wanting to boot straight to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm just wanting to boot straight to the desktop: Hi, I'm currently running the latest beta insider build of windows 10 pro version. I'm the only person who uses my computer, it seems as though dear old microsoft has really made it very difficult to not utilize the lock screen and completely be able to bypass the welcome...
  9. Go straight to Desktop after Display turns off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Go straight to Desktop after Display turns off: I've had a search but can't find what I'm after. I have my laptop set to turn off the screen after 10 mins. I don't have a Microsoft account which I have to sign into on each start. On my previous 8.1 laptop after the screen had turned off, I could move my mouse and it...
  10. When I tried to create a steam shortcut, all of the files went straight to the desktop....

When I tried to create a steam shortcut, all of the files went straight to the desktop....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/daddydabsalot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsgc06/when_i_tried_to_create_a_steam_shortcut_all_of/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant bypass lock screen to go straight to desktop

2. how to go straight to desktop windows 10 2019