Windows 10: How do I group my Start Menu icons?

Discus and support How do I group my Start Menu icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After one of the OS updates, a new feature was added where I could select a group on the Start Menu and have them shrunk to a small box. If I clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bunter58, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Bunter58 Win User

How do I group my Start Menu icons?

After one of the OS updates, a new feature was added where I could select a group on the Start Menu and have them shrunk to a small box. If I clicked on that box, it returned to full size.

After an update installed last Friday, I could no longer logon and Bitlocker wouldn't allow me to roll back to an earlier version so I had to scrub my hard drive and reinstall. Now I can't work out how to group the icons like I had done before. Maybe despite making sure all updates are installed, I don't have the latest version of Windows?

:)

Bunter58, Nov 5, 2017
  2. colinfoy Win User

`name group`

I have `name group` in letter box form on my start up menu. How do I delete it? Thank you Colin

colinfoy, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Hoe do I get my old Start Menu back? And, how do I get to my old Favorites?

What if I made the big mistake of upgrading to Windows 10? How do I get my old start menu back? How do I get to my old favorites, when Windows 10 doesn't have anything which interests me?

sharonrichardson105, Nov 5, 2017
  4. Corelogik Win User

Corelogik, Nov 5, 2017
  5. Bunter58 Win User
    Yeah, how silly of me. Of course I just drop one icon on another to start the group. More fiddly than just selecting a bunch, right-clicking and selecting group but there you go. Much like grouping in Android.

Bunter58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I group my Start Menu icons? - Similar Threads - group Start Menu

2. How Do I Group Windows 11 Start Menu Icons Like Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Group Windows 11 Start Menu Icons Like Windows 10?: I have again upgraded Windows 10 Professional to Windows 11 Professional on my 5 year old computer, to support a friend who just ordered a new computer. I really want to get the Start Menu to at least resemble the way I had it in Windows 10... icons grouped by function and...
  3. How Do I Group Windows 11 Start Menu Icons Like Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Group Windows 11 Start Menu Icons Like Windows 10?: I have again upgraded Windows 10 Professional to Windows 11 Professional on my 5 year old computer, to support a friend who just ordered a new computer. I really want to get the Start Menu to at least resemble the way I had it in Windows 10... icons grouped by function and...
  4. How do I restore my start menu groups?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore my start menu groups?: So basically, I was just cleaning my group categories to make them look more nicer. Then I accidentally delete my last group. Now I can only see my Start Menu. No groups. Could someone help me?...
  5. How do I fix these start menu icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these start menu icons?: [ATTACH] I've changed the color in Settings so many times but these three (the two Onenotes and Skype) keep the black background. Any idea? https://preview.redd.it/9taqrq098qe51.jpg?width=698&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=643a394b620c94298b94aa2ce9fcfe6fcb58041e submitted by...
  6. Start Menu Groups

Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  7. How do I add more groups to the start menu?

How do I add more groups to the start menu?: So far I have a Productivity category and one that was unnamed. In case you don't know what I'm referring to it's the category lines in the 'squares' part of the Start Menu....
  8. Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it?: With the Anniversary update came an improved Defender Antivirus, This is good! But I am trying to remove unnecessary icons from my start menu, and I can find no option to turn this one off? Anyone know of a tweak that can do this please?*Sad 61656
  9. How Delete a Group From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete a Group From Start Menu: I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu. [img] How can it be deleted? Rt-Clicking it doesn't bring up anything. 82935
  10. How to remove group dividers in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove group dividers in Start menu?: Can't really find any info on this. Is it possible to not have group dividers when reorganizing tiles? Every time I try a different setup, a bar pops up and spaces my tiles differently than what I want. 48303