Windows 10: how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

Discus and support how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TerrySmi6, Aug 15, 2018.

1. TerrySmi6 Win User

how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up?

:)

TerrySmi6, Aug 15, 2018

2. Turning off 2 step verification

Having recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 I was prompted to 2 step verification. the logic and reason is sound. However since doing this I cannot get into my hotmail.co.uk using my iPhone. I found a link to the
    solution when I removed the authenticator app on my phone. Only to find a similar issue dated 2013. I have logged in via my PC running Windows 10, my laptop running windows 7 Professional and an ipad going in via safari. NO WHERE is this option visible.

Turning off 2-Step Verification
    • In “Signing in & security” section of My Account, select 2-Step Verification. Sign in with your username, password, and verification
      code if asked.
    • Select Turn off 2-Step Verification.
    • A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Select OK
    How can this be achieved. I use emails on my phone for work being self employed and it is causing me issues.

As this problem seems to have been around for a few years surely there must be a resolution now. I really do not want to have to drop my Hotmail account as it is widely known, but if no solution is available I will have no option.

Eric Castle, Aug 15, 2018
  3. DianeLouw Win User
    Turning off 2 step verification

i have the 2 step verification DISABLED under my settings yet when i try to retrieve mail it keeps asking me to logg into google and it takes me thru process and gives me an authentication code. What must i do with this code? I dont want the 2 step verification!!!

DianeLouw, Aug 15, 2018
  4. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

Remove 2-step verification on Skype

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to turn off the two-step verification in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Refer to the steps given in the link below:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Note: If two step verification is turned off, you will have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when there might be a risk to your account security.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

1. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up - Similar Threads - computer step verification

2. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  3. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  4. How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail: How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail* Moved from Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-2-step-verification-when-signing/befeb62c-60ac-43d5-a101-d59794758b9c
  5. How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail

How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail: How do I remove 2-step verification when signing into Gmail* Moved from Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-2-step-verification-when-signing/befeb62c-60ac-43d5-a101-d59794758b9c
  6. my microsoft account 2 step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft account 2 step verification: I updated my bios and it wants me to change my pin to log into windows, but my two step verification was my old phone number. I cant figure out how to add my new number , I thought i had done that already but i guess not . can someone please help me...
  7. my microsoft account 2 step verification

my microsoft account 2 step verification: I updated my bios and it wants me to change my pin to log into windows, but my two step verification was my old phone number. I cant figure out how to add my new number , I thought i had done that already but i guess not . can someone please help me...
  8. getting my 2-step verification email in russian

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting my 2-step verification email in russian: Hello, I get this 7-digit login verification code email in Russian. Other emails are fine and they show up in english only.How to fix this issue?...
  9. How do I change my 2-Step Verification?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change my 2-Step Verification?: In the past, when I logged into Gmail, the 2-Step Verification page came up & I used the Google Authenticator App (on my phone) to get my code & then I was let into my account. But for the last few weeks, when I log into Gmail, a code is automatically sent to my phone & I do...
  10. Install freezes at 2-step verification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install freezes at 2-step verification: My computer suddenly failed and I could not boot into windows or get to a command prompt booting from a usb stick. I ordered a new SSD and am trying to do a clean install. For the third time I’m stuck at the Help us protect your info screen. MS sent a code to my cell phone...