Windows 10: How do I hide a running application's system tray icons?

Discus and support How do I hide a running application's system tray icons? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; You know the system tray icons right? The little menu that opens up when you click the little arrow in the taskbar? It shows all the currently running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gpedit, Sep 17, 2017.

1. gpedit Win User

How do I hide a running application's system tray icons?

You know the system tray icons right? The little menu that opens up when you click the little arrow in the taskbar? It shows all the currently running applications, but I was wondering if it was possible to have the icon not show in the menu even if the program is still running? (How to remove the app's icon in the system tray)

I know there is a setting for notification icons but all that does it move it into the menu or taskbar

I have tried looking through the program's resource files but I wasn't able to find a file that contained the menu icon.

:)

gpedit, Sep 17, 2017

2. System Tray

I am running Windows 10. How do I remove icons ( not hide ) from the system tray?

RileyHutcheson, Sep 17, 2017
  3. About System Tray of WP 8.1

The System Tray is the small tiny bar across the top of the Phone screen that displays signal strength, Wi-Fi, battery status etc.

When your application is set in Portrait mode, the height of the System Tray becomes 32 pixel and when the application is set in Landscape mode, the width of the System Tray becomes 72 pixel. This is as per the UI Design Guidelines.

It is not good way to hide the System Tray as it displays various important information to the user. But in some cases, you may want to hide the System Tray because you want the additional real estate for a program (like some games).

It is really something I do not pay attention to. Usually developers of programs just hide it or show it depending on their needs for their program. As an aside, I don't think I have seen an option to disable it in any of the programs I use but it is just
    something I have not paid any attention to.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 17, 2017
  4. kipper Win User

In "Settings"........select, "Personalization"........down the left side - select "Taskbar"....

Scroll down this page and you will see......"Notification Area".....under this click on "Select which icons appear on the taskbar"

Oh yea, welcome to the forums.....

kipper, Sep 17, 2017
  5. kronckew Win User
    that just hides them in the popup menu displayed by the up caret "^", which is where he apparently wants to remove it from. only 'official' setting as per above, either hides them there or displays them on the toolbar notification area. some progs have a program setting option to change the displayed icon, or hide it. i gather he wants to completely remove any icon from the main visible area AND also from the hidden popup. personally i do not know of a way, maybe someone else will. registry hack?

kronckew, Sep 17, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
Thema:

1. How do I hide a running application's system tray icons? - Similar Threads - hide running application's

2. How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?: I was looking for this option online and theoretically there should be a section in the settings app on windows 11 available from version 22572 onward that allows people to disable the hidden icons icon on the system tray by easily toggling a switch. However, I have version...
  3. How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?: I was looking for this option online and theoretically there should be a section in the settings app on windows 11 available from version 22572 onward that allows people to disable the hidden icons icon on the system tray by easily toggling a switch. However, I have version...
  4. Hide an icon in the tray menu

Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  5. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  6. How do I move the background running application icon to a system tray

How do I move the background running application icon to a system tray: How do I move these icons to a system tray or just a simple tray where there is a arrow to see all these icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-background-running-application/ba0e0585-435b-4647-a5f5-eb50a6c208b9
  7. SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon

SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon: hi there, I look for a method to hide the arrow icon of system tray, which opens the list of all icons. I have several customization tools like winaero and 7+ taskbar tweaker but none of it helps. the mentioned arrow is pointed on this pic [ATTACH] please any ideas ? any...
  8. How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?

How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?: Hi, I'm not sure if this is question is applicable to this forum because I own Windows 7, but seeing how the system tray features are similar between Windows 10 and 7, I thought of asking in hopes that someone can help. I have a few applications that are left working in the...
  9. Permanently hiding system tray icon

Permanently hiding system tray icon: Hey all, I was looking for a way to hide a certain program's system tray icon. If I use the built in hiding option it still shows when I click the arrow, which is not what I want. I want to completely hide it (stealth). I've been looking for programs to do this but they're...
  10. Hide tray icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide tray icons: Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. [img] 18419

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide user apps in system tray