Windows 10: How do I hide or move the OneDrive folder?

Discus and support How do I hide or move the OneDrive folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on a Work PC. They do not use OneDrive or Box Sync, so my PC is linked to my personal accounts. Is it possible to somehow ask Windows not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jp2code, Nov 30, 2015.

1. jp2code Win User

How do I hide or move the OneDrive folder?

I'm on a Work PC.

They do not use OneDrive or Box Sync, so my PC is linked to my personal accounts.

Is it possible to somehow ask Windows not to display those items up in front?

How do I hide or move the OneDrive folder? [​IMG]

I keep some work related items in these so I can sync the data with my home PC to do work there, but there is also personal information that I keep in these.

Before (i.e. Windows 7), these were kept only in the User folder.

:)

jp2code, Nov 30, 2015
  2. IsacNull Win User

How do I hide or rename the "\\?\Volume" drive?

"\\?\Volume" drive info is as followed.
    1. The HDD isn't connected to a network.

2. I can't find a HDD size on the "\\?\Volume" drive.]. If you were talking about my ACTUAL HDD, I currently have 132 GB free.

3. I don't have any external drive connected

IsacNull, Nov 30, 2015
  3. How do I hide or rename the "\\?\Volume" drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Please answer these questions in order to understand the issue better.

1. Is the hard disk connected to network?

2. What is the available disk space on hard disk?

3. Is there an external hard drive connected to the computer?

Kindly post back with the updated information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  5. jp2code Win User
    I'd like to keep it. I have a lot of coding samples from my past jobs that I fall back on. I keep settings and tools in it, too.

I just would rather not have it displayed in the open like that.

jp2code, Nov 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  7. jp2code Win User
    Let me check that when I get back to work tomorrow.

I'm at home now with my wonderful Windows 7 PC. *Smile

jp2code, Nov 30, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I hope it'll do the trick for you.

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  9. jp2code Win User
    So far, that has not done the trick.

I have not rebooted yet, though.

This PC has a blazing 4 cores and Windows 10 boots right up, but then that silly looking swirly (what used to be the Hour Glass) takes over anytime I attempt to place my mouse over anything for the next 15 minutes or so.

This is a development PC, and I have SQL Server on it. Task Manager says it is idle, but I suspect something like SQL Server is doing processing in the background that does not register with the Kernel. I don't know. Just a guess.

jp2code, Nov 30, 2015
  10. jp2code Win User
    With a reboot, the OneDrive folder is gone!

Awesome!

Technically, that solved my question, so I'll mark it as such.

But, I also have a Box Sync on my PC, and Windows 10 has placed it's icon on my desktop as well.

Would you happen to know how to map a folder's name (like Box Sync) to one of those GUID numbers in the registry?

jp2code, Nov 30, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  12. jp2code Win User
    Shawn?

If you have any input with SkyDrive (i.e. OneDrive), I've asked a few times to build in a sync tool that will allow me to copy the contents of my OneDrive from my fully sync'ed PC to a flash drive and use that as an installer for a PC that doesn't currently have OneDrive installed.

My OneDrive currently has 13GB of data in it. That isn't much for a flash drive, but it can take days to completely sync on a slow Internet connection.

Create a "Sync Point" (thinking like a Restore Point on Windows) that is copied to a flash drive, then use that to install OneDrive or update the OneDrive files on another PC. My PC with a slow Internet connection is instantly sync'ed to my OneDrive at that Sync Point. Now, my PC with the slow Internet connection only has to maintain the sync.

Every time I try suggesting that, either no one knows what I'm talking about or it gets forwarded up until it gets lost.

jp2code, Nov 30, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  14. jp2code Win User
    OK, I found out how to do this for any folder - not just OneDrive or BoxSync!

Open the Registry Editor and do a search for this keyword: "IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree".

There will be other keys that contain this, not just OneDrive or BoxSync. There may or may not be a description in the other variables, but with the Windows File Explorer open on one side of your desktop and the Registry Editor open on the other, you can open the "IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" and change the value from 1 to 0, and see what changes in Windows File Explorer.

Some values go to system settings (like This PC) and cannot be turned off. Windows will give you a note, and the value won't change.

If you changed what you want, you are done. If not, change the value back before continuing on your hunt.

jp2code, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I hide or move the OneDrive folder? - Similar Threads - hide move OneDrive

2. how do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive folder in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive folder in...: Set up new PC and system folders documents, Pictures, Desktop are in "user"/onedrive folder. How do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive up 1 level to "user"Using properties dialog, move, select folder ... won't let me do this...
  3. How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?: I need to move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk. I get an error about cloudfile provider not running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-folders-and-files-from-onedrive-to-a/fc3f7653-ba18-42fb-99e4-6f399de2152d
  4. How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?: I need to move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk. I get an error about cloudfile provider not running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-folders-and-files-from-onedrive-to-a/fc3f7653-ba18-42fb-99e4-6f399de2152d
  5. How do I move folders and files from OneDrive to a local disk?

6. How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...: I have uninstalled OneDrive from my laptop Windows 11, but the location of my pictures folder is still C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Pictures. How do I change it to C:\Users\Username\Pictures ? When I tried to restore the location to C:\Users\Username\Pictures, it refuses to do...
  7. How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...

How do I move the location of the Pictures folder from OneDrive...: I have uninstalled OneDrive from my laptop Windows 11, but the location of my pictures folder is still C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Pictures. How do I change it to C:\Users\Username\Pictures ? When I tried to restore the location to C:\Users\Username\Pictures, it refuses to do...
  8. How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?

How do I move folders from onedrive to my D drive?: For some reason all my save game data is going to a documents folder in my Onedrive. I tried moving it to my c and d drive but it gives me a error message when I do so. I tried copying the contents of the folder and pasting them somwhere else but it did not work and caused...
  9. Moving OneDrive folders

Moving OneDrive folders: How do i move my documents and photos from OneDrive to my computer or google drive? The save icon is grayed out and cannot be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-onedrive-folders/72ea425b-90ee-4ba8-93e3-a3501de7c1cb"
  10. How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?

How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?: I know that the WindowsApps folder is for the apps I installed from the windows store but I moved it into my D:/ drive instead of the C:/ drive. It's just kind of cluttering up space and I want to hide it since I won't open it anyway. Whenever I try to do Properties > Hide,...