Windows 10: How do I identify hardware in Lenovo desktop?

Discus and support How do I identify hardware in Lenovo desktop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day everyone; I want to install an SSD as my primary drive, with a clean install of Windows 10 so that I do have to deal with all the bloatware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guns90, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Guns90 Win User

How do I identify hardware in Lenovo desktop?

Good day everyone;

I want to install an SSD as my primary drive, with a clean install of Windows 10 so that I do have to deal with all the bloatware that Lenovo has on the original hard drive. I initially installed the SSD then installed a new distro of Windows 10, but then realized that I can't complete the install without installing all the drivers for my hardware.

How do I identify all the drivers that I will have to have for everything (sound, video, ethernet, etc.)?

I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

:)

Guns90, Jan 29, 2017

2. How do I identify and fix registry errors in Windows 10

Jim,

What problems have you encountered that you think might be resolved by fixing registry errors

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jan 29, 2017
  3. How do I identify and fix registry errors in Windows 10

How do I identify and fix registry errors in Windows 10

JimHelton_721, Jan 29, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Lenovo offers a utility called "System Update" that should handle this for you. Head over to Home Global Support, get it to recognize your machine (or enter your system ID) and it should provide this utility as part of its download offerings. I use it on both of my Lenovo laptops (X220 Tablet and T420 notebook) and it works like a charm.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 29, 2017
  5. Guns90 Win User
    Thanks for the reply Ed, but maybe I wasn't really clear as to what I'm trying to do. When I get done, I want to have a functional Lenovo desktop with Windows 10 and NOTHING else on it. Is that even possible? And yes, I am completely windows stupid.*Smile

Guns90, Jan 29, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Then you'll have to search out all the drivers for yourself, one at a time. You can, however, still register your laptop and search through the drivers that the site will recommend to you, based on your machine type and configuration. Then, you can work through them one at a time to tweak them until you get them right. This works for about 85% of all the drivers on the machine. The ones I've had to update beyond those included chipset drivers, Intel Management Engine, networking, and sound.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 29, 2017
  7. Guns90 Win User
    Thanks, Ed. I do appreciate it. Have a nice day.

Guns90, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I identify hardware in Lenovo desktop? - Similar Threads - identify hardware Lenovo

2. How do i identify and resolve the DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i identify and resolve the DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD?: Hi,I am getting a DPC_Watchdog_Violation only when I run a video game. Depending on the game the BSOD happens instantly or up to 30 minutes or more. I can do everything else normal. Here are all the fixes I have tried and did not work:Remove all external devices on your...
  3. How do i identify and resolve the DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i identify and resolve the DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD?: Hi,I am getting a DPC_Watchdog_Violation only when I run a video game. Depending on the game the BSOD happens instantly or up to 30 minutes or more. I can do everything else normal. Here are all the fixes I have tried and did not work:Remove all external devices on your...
  4. How do i identify and resolve the DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wrongly identified Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrongly identified Hardware: High everybodyI face a strange situation.I've been given a printer ricoh sp112. It's a simple laser printer.When I plug it in my laptop win11, its seen as a sp110 su. this one is from the same family, but with a scanner.So driver installation according Ricoh we site and...
  6. Wrongly identified Hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrongly identified Hardware: High everybodyI face a strange situation.I've been given a printer ricoh sp112. It's a simple laser printer.When I plug it in my laptop win11, its seen as a sp110 su. this one is from the same family, but with a scanner.So driver installation according Ricoh we site and...
  7. Identify hardware error.

Identify hardware error.: Hi I have been getting this error its drivng me mad, how can i figure out which hardware is causing it? Its happened a few times this week. I have updated my graphics card drivers. and checked that my mother board drivers, bios etc is uptodate. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. How to identify what hardware is causing a hardware error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to identify what hardware is causing a hardware error: Hello, I have this PC which will freeze every now and then and maybe not boot correctly and have to reboot. This is a brand new PC, it has about a month. I just installed Windows 10 1909 18363.836. Three days ago. This has happened for a while, that's why I did a fresh...
  9. How to identify what hardware is causing a hardware error

How to identify what hardware is causing a hardware error: Hello, I have this PC which will freeze every now and then and maybe not boot correctly and have to reboot. This is a brand new PC, it has about a month. I just installed Windows 10 1909. Three days ago. This has happened for a while, that's why I did a fresh...
  10. Windows identifies hardware better

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows identifies hardware better: Just an observation, replies not necessary. I have resurrected a Dell Inspiron N5010 from a few years ago, originally had Win7 on it. Going through Device Manager I see the Keyboard has been identified as from Lenovo. It works fine so no problem, just a curiosity as it never...