Windows 10: How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

Discus and support How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pvnam95, Sep 28, 2016.

1. pvnam95 Win User

How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do?
    Thank you,

:)

pvnam95, Sep 28, 2016
  2. graye Win User

Favorites Bar in Edge

Importing your favorites from Chrome creates a folder called "Imported from Chrome"... the import process puts all of your favorites there.

Take a look at the graphic above... 1) Click on the "hub" icon (the one with the 3 little lines), 2) make sure the "star" tab is selected. From there you'll see your "Imported from Chrome" folder. Click on the folder to see the favorites inside.

...again, from the answer above... the mere presence of favorites in the vertical pane (via the hub) does NOT put anything in the horizontal favorites bar. If you want something in the Favorites Bar, you'll have to put something there!

After you've got that all figured out, let us know if you'd like to learn about some options to more easily move favorites from the "imported" folder.

graye, Sep 28, 2016
  3. how do i get my favorites to appear in the favorites bar

how do i get my favorites to appear in the favorites bar? I imported them to edge. I can see the list. The favorites work from there but there is nothing in the bar but some instructions and an import your favorites hotspot.

JohnKessler, Sep 28, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Sep 28, 2016
  5. pvnam95 Win User
  6. IT101 Win User
    Launch Microsoft Edge and select the More actionsbutton in the upper-right corner and then choose Settings. Then select the Import favorites from another browser link. Currently, the only two browsers that are included for an easy import are Chrome and Internet Explorer. Check one or both and thenImport.

IT101, Oct 6, 2016
  7. pvnam95 Win User
    Thank you, I mean this

How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge. [​IMG]

pvnam95, Oct 7, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Hamburger > Favorites > Settings, Show favorites tool bar.

CountMike, Oct 7, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    And Firefox...

How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge. [​IMG]

Unfortunately you have to create folders on the Edge bar manually and have to drag bookmarks there manually! *Sad

Edwin, Oct 7, 2016
  10. pvnam95 Win User
    Oh. Thank you.

pvnam95, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge. - Similar Threads - import Favorites bar

2. How to import chrome to edge.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import chrome to edge.: How to import chrome to edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-chrome-to-edge/213aec37-3321-43e2-8e36-f050c50f7f45
  3. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  4. How to import passwords from chrome to edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to import passwords from chrome to edge: I've read the posts on how to import Bookmarks and Passwords from Chrome to Edge and I've done it. The problem is that the passwords didn't get transferred. How do I import my saved passwords from Chrome to Edge?...
  5. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  6. How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?: Folks, Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature. My clean Windows 10 install only has 2 browsers: Edge and Chrome. I do not want to install IE11. How do I get the saved...
  7. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  8. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  9. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge favorites bar not like chrome

2. import chrome favorites bar to edge favorites bar

3. how to import chrome bookmarks to edge favorite bar

4. import favorites bar from ie11 to edge,
  5. chrome bookmark bar to edge favorite bar,
  6. substitute chrome favorites on edge favorites bar,
  7. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.