Windows 10: How do I increase the number of frequent folders?

Discus and support How do I increase the number of frequent folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to increase the default number of frequent folders located in the quick access menu so that it's more than 4. I tried searching for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BlahTrick, Jan 12, 2017.

1. BlahTrick Win User

How do I increase the number of frequent folders?

I'd like to be able to increase the default number of frequent folders located in the quick access menu so that it's more than 4. I tried searching for this question but couldn't find anyone else asking it.

:)

BlahTrick, Jan 12, 2017
  2. John Sarc Win User

How can I increase the number of dynamic frequent folders shown in the quick access pane in windows 10?

Hi Mick,

To see the Start_JumpListItems, check this
    link
    out. See the responses with a check.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 12, 2017
  3. ricotren Win User
    How can I increase the number of dynamic frequent folders shown in the quick access pane in windows 10?

It does not work for the recent folders shown by right-click on File Explorer on taskbar.

They are always the last four most recent folders shown only, under the section of the pinned Folders.

ricotren, Jan 12, 2017
  4. How do I increase the number of frequent folders?

Welcome to the TenForums.

I tried this on mine and I don't seem to have a limit. If you right click on a folder, click pin it to Quick Access, (Quick Access along the left navigation pane), does it add it and in doing so remove one you previously pinned?

Caledon Ken, Jan 12, 2017
  5. cottonball, Jan 12, 2017
  6. BlahTrick Win User
    Thanks for the reply, but I already know that you can pin folders to quick access. I'm wanting to increase the amount of default, dynamic folders that the system organizes for me. I only have 4.
    I've looked at that before and it doesn't seem to be about what I want. I want more than 4 default folders in the "frequent folders" section. This looks like it's just about adding or removing the "frequent folder" feature altogether, unless I'm looking at this wrong.

In all honesty, I originally intended on messaging Brink, because I've lurked these forums before and I figured if anyone knew if this was possible, it'd be him. But I'm not even able to because I need like 5 posts before I'm allowed *cry

Regardless, I really appreciate you guys trying to help!

BlahTrick, Jan 13, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    There are other ways to draw @Brink's attention to this thread - mentioning him with the @ symbol (as I have just done) is one.... *Smile

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello @BlahTrick,

I'm afraid that I haven't seen a way to increase the default amount either other than pinning the folders to Quick Access as a workaround.

Brink, Jan 13, 2017
  9. BlahTrick Win User
    Ohh for some reason I thought @ ing wouldn't work on this forum. Silly me.
    Aw really? I was thinking maybe there was like a registry value or something with the default "4" that I could find and edit.
    I thought this guy was onto something but I guess not: Is it possible to increase the number of dynamic frequent folders shown in the quick access pane in windows 10?

BlahTrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I increase the number of frequent folders? - Similar Threads - increase number frequent

2. How do I increase temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I increase temp file: When I’m playing a game it freezes saying temp file full but when I check it only has a few mb when I have 400GB of C:/ disk memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-temp-file/0e097838-89d7-402a-bed5-c56b9a293415
  3. How do I increase temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I increase temp file: When I’m playing a game it freezes saying temp file full but when I check it only has a few mb when I have 400GB of C:/ disk memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-temp-file/0e097838-89d7-402a-bed5-c56b9a293415
  4. How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?: My keyboard is missing keystrokes unless I hit it super hard. Is there a way to increase the sensitivity?Note: This is NOT ABOUT REPEAT DELAY.Thank you....
  5. How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I increase keyboard sensitivity?: My keyboard is missing keystrokes unless I hit it super hard. Is there a way to increase the sensitivity?Note: This is NOT ABOUT REPEAT DELAY.Thank you....
  6. How do I increase bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I increase bandwidth?: I have been working on making my ping to hypixel on Minecraft lower, I have already edited tcp in the registry editor, which worked and made it a bit better, but there is still a bit to be done.People say to increase bandwidth, how would I do this on windows 10 home edition?...
  7. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase number of recent folders in quick access: This seems to have been done to death over the years but the interest in pressing MS for an update has waned by the looks of it. I would encourage all interested users to post more regularly about this becasue for those who are file and folder users, this is an important...
  8. How to increase the number of items shown in "Recent Folders" folder in Windows 10, or...

How to increase the number of items shown in "Recent Folders" folder in Windows 10, or...: So I wanted a Desktop shortcut and an entry in Quick Access in any Explorer folder's sidebar to let me see a good sized list of recent folder I had opened. For the 1st I followed these instructions:...
  9. how do i increase text on task bar in folders

how do i increase text on task bar in folders: how do i increase text on task bar in folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-increase-text-on-task-bar-in-folders/171c6d71-f147-4fc4-90bf-20b9d7ad1394"
  10. Increasing frequently Windows Hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing frequently Windows Hangs: Over the last couple of weeks I have had to use the PC's reset button a number of times because Windows 10 just froze. Using the reset button is something I have not had do for a very long time. System has been stable for a considerable period and no new programs have been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. number of frequent folders

2. increase the amount of frequent folders

3. frequent folders number

4. how to increase number of frequent folders,
  5. how can I move file to frequent folders,
  6. frequent folders number shown,
  7. increase amount of frequent folders windows 10,
  8. increase the number of frequent folders,
  9. increase number of frequent folders in quick access